REVIEW: BW 017 "The Wild Child that Hatched From The Egg!" Review Thread - Page 2

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BW 017 "The Wild Child that Hatched From The Egg!" Review Thread

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Default Re: BW 017 "The Wild Child that Hatched From The Egg!" Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Were Dent's pokemon there? I don't remember seeing them at all in this episode.
    Nope, only Ash's Pokemon with Iris and Dent.

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

Were Dent's pokemon there? I don't remember seeing them at all in this episode.
    He wasn't there.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Blog Entries

Does anyone think "Scraggy" trying to improve its headbutt, might eventually be what causes it to learn Head Smash?

I don't know if there's a stronger version of Headbutt, Scraggy can learn but Head Smash seems very likely as a replacement.

Again, I'm disappointed that it only knows two moves, how long do we have to wait until its gym worthy? Because at least Tepig knew Ember and Tackle. Scraggy's only attacking move is Headbutt, definitely not a candidate for a gym battle.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin
    Again, I'm disappointed that it only knows two moves, how long do we have to wait until its gym worthy?
    It's only been alive for a day, if that. Give it time.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Again, I'm disappointed that it only knows two moves, how long do we have to wait until its gym worthy? Because at least Tepig knew Ember and Tackle. Scraggy's only attacking move is Headbutt, definitely not a candidate for a gym battle.
    Just like most newborns in the games... guess Zuruggu's momma or poppa got busy with a Ditto.

Blog Entries

Oohashi episodes always seem to have lulz, and this one was no exception. I absolutely love Zuruggu and its interactions with everyone. It's nice Satoshi gets his crazy 6th Pokemon so early in the series. I sure can relate to the trouble raising newborn Pokemon is. It feels there's never anything weak enough for them to get experience with.

I kinda wonder if those first Rocket scenes were supposed to be in last week's episode. They seemed so short and cut between the Satoshi stuff so fast that it felt like the editor really had to shoehorn them in wherever he could.

It was nice we finally got to meet the scientist guy and confirm to all the kiddies out there what's going on. Let's hope the next time we see the Rockets we'll finally get the climax to this.

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi
    I kinda wonder if those first Rocket scenes were supposed to be in last week's episode. They seemed so short and cut between the Satoshi stuff so fast that it felt like the editor really had to shoehorn them in wherever he could.
    It was really jarring, wasn't it? Twenty-ish second Rocket scene, followed by a twenty-ish second Satoshi scene, followed by a ten second Rocket scene, followed by the rest of the first half of the episode. The editing was sloppy and ruined any sort of flow the story had up until that point.

I don't get why they didn't just move the "we found the building we're supposed to be going to" scene to the second half of the episode and have it lead directly into the "hopping on the helicopter" scene.

Blog Entries

It's only been alive for a day, if that. Give it time.
    But still it did hatch from an egg, so it could've had an egg move at least.

Though I suppose they're playing the Zuruggu is a newborn and weak thus it can't really do anything. But then again Axew does know Dragon Rage and Scratch. So Scraggy could've at least knew something else.

I'm just wondering how long it'll take before it learns another move. We know Scraggy is being trained in BW020, before all the fun crap goes down, so I'm just wondering when Scraggy will learn a new move so it can at least be gym worthy. But I guess we can wait, since Pidove and Snivy need some focus (and to a lesser extent Oshawott because Aqua Jet), then perhaps they can solely focus on Scraggy. So maybe after vs Arti, they'll really focus on Scraggy.

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

At least he is better than Kibago...
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Blog Entries

Oh that's rather cheap of the writers.

Scraggy doesn't learn Headbutt until Level 12. And it should know low kick, sand attack and faint attack before headbutt.

I think that means, Scraggy isn't going to learn any of those moves. Shame about Faint Attack though, I guess it'll likely learn Crunch then. Still hoping for Brick Break though.

Blog Entries

Musashi looked sexy with that hair style B)

Also I love Zuruggu,he is so cute xD

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Of course, everyone was being as vague as possible.
    I'm willing to bet this whole scheme will end up with TR returning to their home planet. They are not human.

I really liked this episode - it was memorable, to say the least. Axew and Scraggy (I shudder as I write that name) seem to have a pseud-sibling rivaly. I'm willing to bet that fanart of Ash and Iris as parents will explode once this is dubbed.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries

Tsutarja, and Zugguru really are fun characters. Definitely the best members of Ash's team.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Mijumaru made me LOL too, he was all like "bring it on punk!" xD
    And the poor bird suffered from the chronic regional bird abuse. xD
    Definitely some nice interactions, though Pokabu seemed to lack of personality, it was only ... happy. :|

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

I did get some Mukubird / Mukuhawk vibes from Mamepato today. Which...well, I don't know how I feel about that. I loved the Mukus and all, but I don't want Mamepato to just be a rehash of the awesome bird from Shin'ou.

Tsutarja also made me laugh with how apathetic it acted toward everything and everyone in this episode.

Pokabu...meh.

Mijumaru was pretty entertaining, I thought. It feels like the writers have realized that, hey, we don't need it to be a Potchama 2.0 and are trying to limit the pokemon's appearances. Hopefully they'll continue to show restraint.

And I kind of hinted at this earlier, but I missed seeing Dent's pokemon. Like, everyone else brings out all their pokemon (well, with the exception of Doryuuzu, for various reasons), but Dent doesn't. I guess he's not interested in introducing them to Satoshi's new friend?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast