REVIEW: BW 015 "Shippou Gym Battle! VS Gym Leader Aloe!!" Review Thread - Page 8

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: BW 015 "Shippou Gym Battle! VS Gym Leader Aloe!!" Review Thread

Default Re: BW 015 "Shippou Gym Battle! VS Gym Leader Aloe!!" Review Thread

Only real men restrict themselves from having advantages.

Registered User Sabonea_Masukippa's Avatar

Ok, so I don't know if this is news to anyone or not but in Aloe's gym (in the anime) challengers must pick two Pokemon to battle with before the battle starts and both trainers are free to switch as they please as mentioned by Kidachi. Dent comments that 'each gym has their own way of doing things'.

No Matter What The Gen, You'll Always Find A Favourite

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by garfield15 View Post
    You do remember that this show is still made for a Japanese audience right?
    Their pretty much making this show for international audiences now they did once Hoenn came full circle.
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 13th June 2011 at 11:43 AM.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by gotpika View Post
    Their pretty much makin' this show for international audiences now they did once Hoenn came full circle.
    But it's still made for a Japanese audience. She still wouldn't have to speak English. If you want her to speak English, you're free to wait for the English dub.

English count: 4.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

I didn't say her speaking English in the Japanese dub would make it "international" the Tajirian made up symbol language and lack of Japanese food and culture is what makes it.
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 13th June 2011 at 11:44 AM.

Blog Entries

I wanted Ash/Satoshi to win. I think a good hero can win and develop/grow stronger as a character at the same time. I know losing helps you grow stronger, but if everyone only grew stronger by losing first, well, that wouldn't be fun to me.

I did like seeing Mijumaru/Oshawott and Pokabu/Tepig battle. If they do learn new moves soon, I will be happy.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ash gets a few Gym losses each arc, if he beat each Gym leader the first try there would be no excitement.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Ash gets a few Gym losses each arc, if he beat each Gym leader the first try there would be no excitement.
    I know it'd be less exciting, but I'm not the type to get upset seeing Ash win all the time, as long as the Suspension of Disbelief is not too big. And personally, I'd rather see him lose to the later Gym leaders. Seems like it's more common to have him lose to the early ones, like Brock, Lt. Surge, Whitney, Brawly, Roark, Gardenia, Aloe, etc...
    Last edited by Ambipom666; 8th January 2011 at 02:47 PM.

Pokemon's main target audience is in JAPAN, and the main language that they speak in JAPAN is JAPANESE, so why would people expect Aloe to speak english only? It doesn't make sense...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Afrojisiac-19 View Post
    Pokemon's main target audience is in JAPAN, and the main language that they speak in JAPAN is JAPANESE, so why would people expect Aloe to speak english only? It doesn't make sense...
    Is that really it though?

From what I can recall its probably because Aloe doesn't speak any "English" at all that I would think people would have a problem with.

A Japanese "made" character in a Japanese show only speaking English is way too unlikely to ever happen. And I cannot possibly see any reason why people would think that.

Not speaking any English on the other hand is at least more reasonable to be confused on. But full on English with no Japanese words at all, no. First off Aloe wouldn't be able to speak in full English because of the differences between Japanese and English, and I would find it lazy if Aloe just said the moves and Pokemon in their Japanese names, while everything else was in English. Secondly why would ANYONE expect her to speak only in English? What purpose would that serve? I mean sure Dento speaks some English, but expecting Aloe or any character to speak full English (in the Japanese) is just too unreasonable.

I can't help but think some of you are misunderstanding something here.

Whipping Up a Wind Scar! CrazyYanmega's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Something that's been overlooked is that the ending changed to the second half of Fanfare of the Heart. Even though the animation was still the same, it was nice to change it up a little.
    More than a little, everything but the chorus was changed!
    MorpheusShipper for all of time!!!

Tsunderes make me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Absolclaw View Post
    Depends if you want the cyber worm, the anti-centipede or the decaying chicken.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

I finally caught up with Best Wishes!. This episode was...OK, I thought. Count me in with those who were annoyed with Satoshi being caught off-guard by Mean Look after it had been used against him back on Suzuran Island. I'm also bored with Pokabu and Mijumaru. However, I do really like Aloe's personality and battle style.

The part I liked the most, oddly enough, was the parts at the end with Satoshi going to Don George to train for the rematch. The Battle Clubs have seemed pretty useless to me so far since everything they've been used for so far can just as easily be done anywhere else, but now we see that they can also be used as gyms (lowercase g) where pokemon can be trained. And the owner, Don George, actually gets to do something by acting as a sort of personal trainer. I finally feel like Battle Clubs have a use in this show, and I can't wait to see the actual training Don George puts Satoshi through.

I hope the training in BW 016 isn't too rushed, but since they're cramming the rematch into the episode as well, it probably will be :/

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi
    Yes. They aren't listed in the credits for next week's episode.
    That's actually pretty fucking hilarious. Even the writers are getting sick of figuring out boring bullshit for the trio to do episode after episode. Just write them out of the show already and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd
    Is it just me or is seeing a black woman speak Japanese feel a bit odd? I kept expecting Aloe to speak english for some reason.
    It's no more strange than seeing all the Japanese people in this show speaking English in the dub.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Afrojisiac-19 View Post
    OK, but unlike Piplup, Mijumaru isn't ALWAYS outside of its pokeball with Pikachu, taking lines to speak like Piplup did, nor is it taking much attention from others when it's not battling. He's definitely not being exposed as much as Piplup, and people are expecting him to be so that they can shade him.
    Unlike Pochama, Mijumaru hasn't suffered from being a douche, which it deserves to be.

Satoshi really should start to try to discipline it already. If it can't be arsed to initially fight in a gym battle, then its a risk.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Now that I finally know what Aloe is saying, she seems quite different. I mean, she seemed like a manipulative, spiteful jerk who revels in the pain and frustration of others. But now that I know what she is saying, she seems so sweet, kind and smart. She's really cool.

Communication is so interesting when you look at all the different aspects.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
    Now that I finally know what Aloe is saying, she seems quite different. I mean, she seemed like a manipulative, spiteful jerk who revels in the pain and frustration of others.

.....wut?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678