REVIEW: BW 015 "Shippou Gym Battle! VS Gym Leader Aloe!!" Review Thread - Page 5

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: BW 015 "Shippou Gym Battle! VS Gym Leader Aloe!!" Review Thread

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 015 "Shippou Gym Battle! VS Gym Leader Aloe!!" Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Croag View Post
    Oh, like when he hid behind Pikachu right?
    Before he realised what he was up against, yes, he was :P

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Afrojisiac-19 View Post
    Mijumaru is officially my favorite Unova starter...Ash's Mijumaru (I really don't wanna call him Ohawatt or whatever) has so much personality, and was giving sass to Ash in that battle, like he really didn't wanna battle the big gopher lookin pokemon LOL!
    How can you not love Oshawott! Oshawott is so entertaining and lovable! It'll suck if he reaches the Daikenki stage(though I wanna see Futachimaru someday) seeing how lovable and cute he is now.

Oshawott looked so hungover in this episode when Yoterry's Roar brought him out lol and his mood swings made me lol! It's always sad to see him lose. I do feel bad for Tepig though. The poor thing probably thinks if he keeps losing like that Ash is gonna release him(though we know Ash would never do such a thing) Let's hope Oshawott and Tepig own Aloe's team next time after training and learning Nitro Charge and Aqua Jet i think.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eitaro View Post
    They don't do that in the anime

Does Ash even carry money?
    I guess he must have some money. Though we never get to see his wallet xD

This episode is another impressive one. Osh being dragged out while in the middle of his sleep completely lagging his 1st Water Gun, Dento's fabulous solemnier and Yoterri is incredibly cute and is able to be fierce in battle. Miruhog doing the "counter shield" is also excellent, repelling Osh's broken guard n' sword. Tepig needs redemption big time.

This series seem to be ignoring recoil damage from Pika's Volt Tackle and Chaobuu and Yoterri's Take Down attacks.

For the money thing, last time it was applied was in the 1st PKM League and there may be others that I can't remember now. I would think they carry a type of debit card, but then again I cannot think of how they're paid in the first place.

Team Rocket was pretty good. It's probably real anyway, but I can't help think the Meteorite they took and replaced with is also a replica one.

Also, regarding next episode... wow. New change in Aloe's team.
    People cannot protect their precious ones only with kindness. I am prepared to protect my important friends. Even if I will be called the devil! There's no way you can win, when you don't have bond with friends.

Blog Entries

Something that's been overlooked is that the ending changed to the second half of Fanfare of the Heart. Even though the animation was still the same, it was nice to change it up a little.

Quote Originally Posted by pharaohyami5000 View Post
    Team Rocket was pretty good. It's probably real anyway, but I can't help think the Meteorite they took and replaced with is also a replica one.
    It is real. We saw them using it to power that laser gun thing in the 2011 preview. Not to mention Aloe's husband talked about it in the previous episode when Satoshi-tachi were looking at it.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pharaohyami5000 View Post
    This episode is another impressive one. Osh being dragged out while in the middle of his sleep completely lagging his 1st Water Gun, Dento's fabulous solemnier and Yoterri is incredibly cute and is able to be fierce in battle. Miruhog doing the "counter shield" is also excellent, repelling Osh's broken guard n' sword. Tepig needs redemption big time.

This series seem to be ignoring recoil damage from Pika's Volt Tackle and Chaobuu and Yoterri's Take Down attacks.

For the money thing, last time it was applied was in the 1st PKM League and there may be others that I can't remember now. I would think they carry a type of debit card, but then again I cannot think of how they're paid in the first place.

Also, regarding next episode... wow. New change in Aloe's team.

It's only an evolution though...

samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Grave-E View Post
    Mirhog was cool, as expected, and it's like these guys are desperately trying to make me warm up to pokemon I was indifferent to before, 'cause Yorterry was ridiculously adorable.
    That's pretty much the way I felt. When Yorterrie appeared I was all, "Stop tugging on my heart-strings, you sickeningly cute little thing!"

Quote Originally Posted by garfield15 View Post
    I think I can translate

"Oh jeez...a battle. *sigh* might as well, Water Gun *Low Kick'ed* heh..heheh...HAHAHAHA! OKAY YOU WANNA GO? ALRIGHT LET'S GO! LET'S FREAKING DO THIS."
    Fair enough. Though I still say he looked possessed. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    It is real. We saw them using it to power that laser gun thing in the 2011 preview. Not to mention Aloe's husband talked about it in the previous episode when Satoshi-tachi were looking at it.
    Ah, yes. Thanks for reminding me that.

Yes but if he had trained at least Tepig after Shooti, I don't think it would've lost as easy. But story lines, story lines.

So again, losing horribly to a gym leader shouldn't be the ONLY excuse to train your Pokemon.
    They should of at least show us Ash and Tepig training at the beginning of that Ishizumai episode, but...
    People cannot protect their precious ones only with kindness. I am prepared to protect my important friends. Even if I will be called the devil! There's no way you can win, when you don't have bond with friends.

I was just joking about Ash paying out money to gym leaders and trainers....LOL but seriously, Mijumaru just stole the show with his cuteness! I just don't see how people can't like that cute little otter!! People are acting like he's being shoved down our throats like Piplup was...

They're just expecting that to happen. They're scared like that. Design-wise, Osh is similar to Pip but the difference is, he is handled in a good balance so far than how they sprayed us with more Piplup screen times in DP (unknown if it'll continue in the upcoming special).

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Afrojisiac-19 View Post
    I was just joking about Ash paying out money to gym leaders and trainers....LOL but seriously, Mijumaru just stole the show with his cuteness! I just don't see how people can't like that cute little otter!! People are acting like he's being shoved down our throats like Piplup was...
    To be frank, he kind of is

He's been in pretty much every battle Ash has been in so far (minus some like the Pendra ep

Quote Originally Posted by Eitaro View Post
    To be frank, he kind of is

He's been in pretty much every battle Ash has been in so far (minus some like the Pendra ep
    OK, but unlike Piplup, Mijumaru isn't ALWAYS outside of its pokeball with Pikachu, taking lines to speak like Piplup did, nor is it taking much attention from others when it's not battling. He's definitely not being exposed as much as Piplup, and people are expecting him to be so that they can shade him.

Blog Entries

Mijumaru was so cute in this episode

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by かわいいピカチュウ96 View Post
    Mijumaru was so cute in this episode
    When is Oshawott not cute LOL!!!

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    How could a meteorite power up a laser-gun? I assume it's the same way you get those potato-clocks.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast