REVIEW: BW 015 "Shippou Gym Battle! VS Gym Leader Aloe!!" Review Thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 120

Thread: BW 015 "Shippou Gym Battle! VS Gym Leader Aloe!!" Review Thread

  1. #31
    ポケモン Tsutarja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    3,433
    Blog Entries
    566

    Default Re: BW 015 "Shippou Gym Battle! VS Gym Leader Aloe!!" Review Thread

    I'd much rather like to see Ash get stomped and then after some practice come back with new moves (also known as character development) and win, rather then win on his first try. :|

    On the episode itself, it was okay. I'm much more excited about the the rematch, though. I liked Mijumaru's mood swings, really shows that Pokémon are living beings as well, and not just some creatures stuffed into balls. And I wish we got more out of the entire library puzzle, but I guess we're lucky enough that we got to see the secret passage.

    Oh and, I had no problems with the switch-outs. It's most likely one of the new gym rules in Isshu region.


  2. #32

    Default Re: BW 015 "Shippou Gym Battle! VS Gym Leader Aloe!!" Review Thread

    I dunno how stupid this sounds, but isn't this the first time a Gym Leader owns the same Pokemon another Gym Leader owns? Yorterrie! Dento/Poddo/Koon owns a Yorterrie in the games, while Aloe has one in the anime... I mean, it should be some kind of trivia a bit XD

  3. #33
    Registered User Afrojisiac-19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cerulean City, Kanto
    Posts
    569

    Default Re: BW 015 "Shippou Gym Battle! VS Gym Leader Aloe!!" Review Thread

    Well, both Roark and Brock used Onix, Both Roxanne and Brock used Geodude, Both Misty and Crasher Wake have Gyarados, Both Lt. Surge and Volkner have Raichu, Both Morty and Fantina use Gengar, Both Jasmine and Byron use Steelix, etc...lol that's all I can think of but, I can't wait to watch this episode...

  4. #34
    Now with capital letter Pseudonym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    In your screen
    Posts
    124

    Default Re: BW 015 "Shippou Gym Battle! VS Gym Leader Aloe!!" Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by D_Albertz View Post
    Yes... the next episode we will get Pokabu learning a new move!
    Not only him, it appears Oshawott is getting Aqua Jet. Or something like that.
    The path of a pseudo-champion.

    SuBuWriMo total: 3588 words.

  5. #35

    Default Re: BW 015 "Shippou Gym Battle! VS Gym Leader Aloe!!" Review Thread

    Holy crap now I can why see why Pokabus trainer abandoned him.

    He has like 7HP

  6. #36

    Default Re: BW 015 "Shippou Gym Battle! VS Gym Leader Aloe!!" Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ★Burning Soul★ View Post
    Holy crap now I can why see why Pokabus trainer abandoned him.
    That's so mean. :P

  7. #37
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,275
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: BW 015 "Shippou Gym Battle! VS Gym Leader Aloe!!" Review Thread

    You all realize that Ash could've still trained even if he only beat one of Aloe's Pokemon, right?

    Being curbstomped should not be the ONLY reason for training. Besides Ash lost horribly against Shooti, and yet a gym leader he actually trains afterwards? Talk about mixed priorities.

  8. #38

    Default Re: BW 015 "Shippou Gym Battle! VS Gym Leader Aloe!!" Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    You all realize that Ash could've still trained even if he only beat one of Aloe's Pokemon, right?
    Yeah, well, that didn't happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Being curbstomped should not be the ONLY reason for training. Besides Ash lost horribly against Shooti, and yet a gym leader he actually trains afterwards? Talk about mixed priorities.
    Oh my god. At least he is training. Who cares how it happens? We've been waiting for this for a few episodes now.

  9. #39

    Default Re: BW 015 "Shippou Gym Battle! VS Gym Leader Aloe!!" Review Thread

    Probably because he can meet Shooti at any given time, there's no need until it's the last time he sees him. For Gym Leaders, you beat him/her once, then you don't or rarely see them again (exceptions are the traveling companions). Still, I agree that Ash should be more serious about this. He's too laid back in this beginning. Understandably it is him after all, but not applying his development is a crime.
    People cannot protect their precious ones only with kindness. I am prepared to protect my important friends. Even if I will be called the devil! There's no way you can win, when you don't have bond with friends.

  10. #40
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,275
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: BW 015 "Shippou Gym Battle! VS Gym Leader Aloe!!" Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by garfield15 View Post
    Yeah, well, that didn't happen.
    Obviously....

    Oh my god. At least he is training. Who cares how it happens? We've been waiting for this for a few episodes now.
    Geez calm down. I'm not taking an issue with Ash training, or losing horribly to Aloe, what I'm taking issue with is people claiming Ash being curbstomped is a good thing because he's training? I was just pointing out Ash didn't have to lose horribly in order for that to happen. So I fail to see why Ash being curbstomped is a good thing.

    Probably because he can meet Shooti at any given time, there's no need until it's the last time he sees him. For Gym Leaders, you beat him/her once, then you don't or rarely see them again (exceptions are the traveling companions). Still, I agree that Ash should be more serious about this. He's too laid back in this beginning. Understandably it is him after all, but not applying his development is a crime.
    Yes but if he had trained at least Tepig after Shooti, I don't think it would've lost as easy. But story lines, story lines.

    So again, losing horribly to a gym leader shouldn't be the ONLY excuse to train your Pokemon.

  11. #41

    Default Re: BW 015 "Shippou Gym Battle! VS Gym Leader Aloe!!" Review Thread

    Ash grew up a bit in DP. He generally takes defeat in strides now, and that's a good thing. God knows some anime characters never stop crying and moaning.


    Anyway, Tepig is definitely bringing back some memories of Chimchar here. Poor guy just isn't that tough yet. I'm looking forward to seeing him and Ash doing some training.

  12. #42
    A man in love Pesky Bug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Hodomoe City Name: Charles
    Posts
    206

    Default Re: BW 015 "Shippou Gym Battle! VS Gym Leader Aloe!!" Review Thread

    What exactly did Aloe ask of Ash before allowing him to have a battle?

  13. #43

    Default Re: BW 015 "Shippou Gym Battle! VS Gym Leader Aloe!!" Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by garfield15 View Post
    That's so mean. :P
    Well its the truth :D

    He gets KO quicly.

  14. #44
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,275
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: BW 015 "Shippou Gym Battle! VS Gym Leader Aloe!!" Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Bug View Post
    What exactly did Aloe ask of Ash before allowing him to have a battle?
    I'm not sure but judging from what I saw it was pure luck which is unfair to challengers if you ask me.

    I mean I can't think of how anyone would be able to find the staircase, unless they were to know to keep looking, assuming they were allowed to keep choosing books off the shelf and not just one choice.

    Either that or Ash found something that Aloe/Kidachi weren't expecting.

    Aloe- *thinking* Crap he's found the hidden staircase.
    Kidachi- *thinking* Please don't ask to go down there, please don't ask to go down there.
    Aloe- Say Ash what do you say we get onto that gym battle now, the battle field for the gym is *cough*conveniently*cough* not by this staircase. (I'm still rather annoyed that the Staircase apparently had nothing to deal with the gym itself, assuming of course they didn't go down it).

    But seeing as how their expressions don't match the scenario, I guess Ash was looking for the staircase. But like I said that's pretty cheap of Aloe to do. I know gym leaders can set their own rules, but having it be luck based, assuming there was no hidden meaning in her words or actions, is unfair to challengers.

    Thankfully Ash chose right, apparently.

    But I'll wait for a proper translation, of what really went down.

  15. #45
    A man in love Pesky Bug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Hodomoe City Name: Charles
    Posts
    206

    Default Re: BW 015 "Shippou Gym Battle! VS Gym Leader Aloe!!" Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I'm not sure but judging from what I saw it was pure luck which is unfair to challengers if you ask me.

    I mean I can't think of how anyone would be able to find the staircase, unless they were to know to keep looking, assuming they were allowed to keep choosing books off the shelf and not just one choice.

    Either that or Ash found something that Aloe/Kidachi weren't expecting.

    Aloe- *thinking* Crap he's found the hidden staircase.
    Kidachi- *thinking* Please don't ask to go down there, please don't ask to go down there.
    Aloe- Say Ash what do you say we get onto that gym battle now, the battle field for the gym is *cough*conveniently*cough* not by this staircase. (I'm still rather annoyed that the Staircase apparently had nothing to deal with the gym itself, assuming of course they didn't go down it).

    But seeing as how their expressions don't match the scenario, I guess Ash was looking for the staircase. But like I said that's pretty cheap of Aloe to do. I know gym leaders can set their own rules, but having it be luck based, assuming there was no hidden meaning in her words or actions, is unfair to challengers.

    Thankfully Ash chose right, apparently.

    But I'll wait for a proper translation, of what really went down.
    It didn't really look luck-based. I think it was apparant that she gave some sort of clue and even her hand was, I think, placed in front of the book they needed to find. Though Ash didn't really seem to even try and figure it out.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •