REVIEW: BW 015 "Shippou Gym Battle! VS Gym Leader Aloe!!" Review Thread

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BW 015 "Shippou Gym Battle! VS Gym Leader Aloe!!" Review Thread

Blog Entries

Default BW 015 "Shippou Gym Battle! VS Gym Leader Aloe!!" Review Thread

BW 015 "Shippou Gym Battle! VS Gym Leader Aloe!!"
    Satoshi and his friends have solved the perplexing riddle of the museum and met the Gym Leader Aloe. Now, the time for the gym battle has come! However, even though he's finally made it to the battle field, Satoshi has to answer to a mission from Aloe! Perplexed by this new development, Satoshi takes to the battle field. It's the Shippou City Gym's style to tell its challengers the pokemon the gym leader will be using to see how they react, so Aloe loudly declares that she'll be using the normal-type pokemon Meeruhog and Yorterrie. Satoshi clutches the Monster Balls containing the two pokemon he'll be using for the battle and begins! The first pokemon Aloe sends out is the "puppy pokemon" Yorterrie! Satoshi, on the other hand, sends out Pokabu. An unbelievable battle between Satoshi and Aloe unfolds...!
    Last edited by Musashi; 24th May 2011 at 06:41 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow Yoshi-san on Tumblr

Default Re: BW 015 "Shippou Gym Battle! VS Gym Leader Aloe!!" Review Thread

This episode just proves how useless Pokabu is.

Yooteri is sooooooo cute!!

Blog Entries

What on earth was up with mijumaru in this episode. Talk about having mood swings XD. I’m actually glad ash lost the match because it usually offers the best chance for development in the episodes following. I also hope I’m not the only one wishing for more team rocket screen time, which has been strongly lacking as of late.

amazing Meron's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Meron On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Man View Post
    I also hope I’m not the only one wishing for more team rocket screen time, which has been strongly lacking as of late.
    Eh, with the badassery that happened today, I'm not complaining. It was just so awesome

It was a nice episode overall, and I liked the Mijumaru screentime.

y team

The 2nd pokemon master pokemon_master2's Avatar

Man, I thought he will at least knock out that dog, but he lost to it too easily. Ash wasn't ready to this battle.

Blog Entries

I also hope I’m not the only one wishing for more team rocket screen time, which has been strongly lacking as of late.
    Unfortunately they aren't even going to be in next week's episode, so you'll have to wait a bit for that.

Pretty enjoyable episode. Mijumaru put a nice fight, but I couldn't believe how fast Pokabu went down. :/ On the Rocket side of things... super badass. Hope they come back soon.

Blog Entries

I find it interesting how Ash always loses in at least one of the first three gyms of each region.

The 2nd pokemon master pokemon_master2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Unfortunately they aren't even going to be in next week's episode, so you'll have to wait a bit for that.
    Off topic, but what do you mean? They won't appear at all for the first time since EP001?

is it true that Aloe actually switched her pokemon?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon_master2 View Post
    Off topic, but what do you mean? They won't appear at all for the first time since EP001?
    Yes. They aren't listed in the credits for next week's episode.

Blog Entries

I find it interesting how Ash always loses in at least one of the first three gyms of each region.
    Well at least that might mean he'll win all other gyms his first try in the official gym match.

Blog Entries

For those who said Tepig's abandonment had no effect on it whatsoever, needs to watch this episode.

Because this is the 2nd time, Tepig has been depressed from losing. Now while you could argue that it would feel sad for losing, then answer this: Why is Tepig the only one who is visibly upset about its losses? I really think Tepig thinks its letting Ash down and is "afraid" Ash is going to release it. Or at the very least it really doesn't like to lose since even though Ash tried to encourage it, it still wasn't in the mood to be uplifted.

And years after the gym leaders being unable to switch Pokemon, I found this episode to be cheap on Aloe's side, since I can see why Ash easily lost. I thought Ash was at least going to beat a Pokemon because both Tepig and Oshawott both face Yorterri. But NOPE, Aloe was allowed to switch her Pokemon, making it extremely cheap. Yes, I know that in the games they can do it, and I'm sure someone will argue "it's about damn time" but I still disagree with it. We already know Gym Leaders are one of the strongest trainers in a particular region. Being able to switch just makes the battle more difficult.

And Ash how can you remember all these attacks, but forget mean look that was used against you by CONWAY. Be consistent writers. If Ash knows some moves he's encountered in the past, then he knows all moves he's encountered in the past. Stop making Ash look like an idiot, when the situation calls for it.

And at least it was slightly humorous to see Oshawott being annoyed about being dragged out, since it only took the battle serious when it got hit by an attack (I think).

And lol at Team Rocket, to be honest I wasn't expecting them to show up until they actually did. It seems to be the series can exist without them. I sort of hate saying that but seriously I wasn't expecting them to show up at all.

Now I can see why they might not show up in BW016, since their appearance in this episode seemed completely shoehorned in last minute.

And darn them and the egg. I'm just annoyed at the possibility that it'll go to Iris, and yet she hasn't interacted with it at all. Nice for them to remember it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosblazer View Post
    is it true that Aloe actually switched her pokemon?
    Yes, several times.

Wasn't a great episode. The battle itself was good, but the other stuff kinda just meandered around.

The Rockets will probably just have non-speaking roles next episode. It's not like they've had more than a couple lines each in any of the 10 previous episodes or so. We'll probably just get the professor and Flint talking with them standing in the background at attention.
    So.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post

But NOPE, Aloe was allowed to switch her Pokemon, making it extremely cheap. Yes, I know that in the games they can do it, and I'm sure someone will argue "it's about damn time" but I still disagree with it. We already know Gym Leaders are one of the strongest trainers in a particular region. Being able to switch just makes the battle more difficult.
    Honestly, I have often wondered why Gym leaders couldn't switch in the anime when they could in the games. If anything is "cheap"
    it's that Gym leaders can't switch. But, I don't view that as really cheap either.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    And darn them and the egg. I'm just annoyed at the possibility that it'll go to Iris, and yet she hasn't interacted with it at all. Nice for them to remember it though.
    Am I missing something here? What about the egg? and what does it have to do with this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    Yes, several times.
    Yeah BW is definitely a reboot, unlike Hoenn and Sinnoh if thier doing that.

Sure it could just be a special rule of hers, but then again if she's able to do it, the others might be able to as well meaning the rest of the region's gym battles aren't going to be how we think anymore.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast