REVIEW: BW 014 "Shippou City! Big Adventure at the Museum!!" Review Thread - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BW 014 "Shippou City! Big Adventure at the Museum!!" Review Thread

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

Default Re: BW 014 "Shippou City! Big Adventure at the Museum!!" Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    At least they're making good use of Dento with him getting possessed. We never saw Brock do something like this.
    That's obviously not true and unfair:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/EP020

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/EP232
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    That's obviously not true and unfair:
    How long ago was that though?

The only reason why people are arguing that Brock got more than Dento is purely by the sheer number of episodes he's gotten. Obviously in that much time Brock's been focused on at least quite a few times.

So far, since Dento has been on the cast there is only one episode where Dento did jack and that was BW012 (well ignoring helping out the trash situation at the end, which doesn't really count).

It was rare to see Brock helping out, and he really was a background character and every once and awhile did come to the foreground.

But so far Dento is being treated better. Shame Iris is taking Brock's background slot at least more so than Dento.

Now again this can all change and Dento could just be some background. But what did it take for Brock to send out a Pokemon to help out against someone or something? Sure maybe it had to deal with Dawn helping Ash but did Brock need to not do anything to help?

I'm not kidding either, if Croagunk didn't have a "rivalry" with Saturn's Toxicroak, Brock probably would've done near nothing with Team Galactic outside of Uxie.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Does it matter? The question was whether it happened not when.

The only reason why people are arguing that Brock got more than Dento is purely by the sheer number of episodes he's gotten. Obviously in that much time Brock's been focused on at least quite a few times.
    People are saying that? 'Cause it seems to me you just brought it out of nowhere. I'm yet to see someone not say that Dento's doing more than Brock did, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    Brock wasn't possessed in either of those episodes he was in a trance there's a difference.

Freakin Adorable.

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt3225 View Post
    Brock wasn't possessed in either of those episodes he was in a trance there's a difference.
    First one could libeled as "possessed" and second one likely enough...

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    This:

Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Bug View Post
    Does it matter? The question was whether it happened not when.
    QFT!
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Camping out in a museum at night, waiting for a ghost to catch. How fun. Wish I could do that too.

I saw the episode and I thought it was entertaining. Once again, I was impressed with Ash. At the end of the episode, he knew the moves that Pokemon was using to scare them with earlier.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

As someone who has a keen interest in the paranormal, I was instantly in love with this episode. We had Ash the idiot, Dent the sceptic and Iris the believer. Dent and Iris really stole the show this episode, which was great, considering how much of the screentime Ash has been stealing.

Dent getting possessed by Deathmas was fairly predictable (it's not like the previews shown it =3) as it's always the disbelievers who are the first victims in horror films; they kept to that cliché well, which helped add to the feel.

I do love how they didn't go with a "Ghosts Exist!" or "Ghosts Don't Exist!" ending, the writers went with "You were both wrong - it was a Pokémon!". Although, it was good to see even Dent pointing out that his explanations were getting a bit ridiculous.

Also, when Dent introduces himself as a "Pokémon Sommelier"; am I the only one thinking that if he introduced himself to me, I'd think "Did you just make that up now?"

The only change I would make to this episode, would be to use the fake Deathkhan sarcophagus. For example, perhaps Deathmas mistakes it for an actual parent that's still in the Ancient Ruins it came from?

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

I thought it was neat. Iris mentioned that she sensed something. People often sense things when they think something's going on - a trick of the mind. But this makes me wonder about Iris. It would be neat if she had some spiritual power. Maybe some weird Poke-sense.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Well, Iris can communicate with dragons supposedly...

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakeshi View Post
    Well, Iris can communicate with dragons supposedly...
    She understands their hearts, whetever that means. I took it to mean she just shared a close bond with them. Gym leaders have an affinity for a type, I just assumed Iris was stating that she liked Dragons.

But if she does understand Dragons, why did she sense a Ghost-type? If she has some magical ability, it could probably be used to connect with more than just Dragons.

Wait...if she does have a magical ability, it might relate to why she was chosen to train Kibago, etc.

EDIT: Look at me, overanalyzing something a little girl said. I think I'm just going overboard with this.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    At least they're making good use of Dento with him getting possessed. We never saw Brock do something like this.
    Dent being all scientific I also think can count as another difference between him and Brock since, as episodes like the AG Shroomish one shows, he was pretty superstitious.

Anyway, Dent made me laugh a ton in this episode with his increasingly ludicrous explanations, and this episode was definitely one that looking at the pictures didn't do justice. Nice group dynamic here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123