REVIEW: BW 014 "Shippou City! Big Adventure at the Museum!!" Review Thread - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BW 014 "Shippou City! Big Adventure at the Museum!!" Review Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 014 "Shippou City! Big Adventure at the Museum!!" Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by watchermark View Post
    Well, I think the fact this thread has had only four... well, now five posts in the last four hours since airing proves just how unremarkable this episode was.
    That's because it isn't even up anywhere for people to watch yet. P: People are taking their time nowadays to upload, it seems.

Oh, so apparently the opening is still the same with Chaobuu added in. Was hoping we'd get a new one, but oh well! That'll (hopefully) come in two weeks!
    New Member's Guide to BMGf
    icon by twilightblade

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dento View Post
    That's because it isn't even up anywhere for people to watch yet. P: People are taking their time nowadays to upload, it seems.

Oh, so apparently the opening is still the same with Chaobuu added in. Was hoping we'd get a new one, but oh well! That'll (hopefully) come in two weeks!
    If at all we'd get it next episode, seeing as this episode is the one where they'd have to unveil chaobuu. We could get a new opening after the break, but only 14 episodes is way too short for an opening. They could always update it with silhouettes of new pokemon, but I don't really see it being that likely.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    And "new"? It's his third actual appearance, and we saw his picture before those, too.
    Today was actually the first that I've ever seen or heard of the guy. And since he's been introduced in what is still considered a brand-new Generation, he's still a new character. Having only three recent appearances in a new series hardly makes him an old character, as compared to the TRio and Ash, who've been around for over 10 years.
    "He just put on 300,000 pounds....I'm SO jealous." Raven, Teen Titans

Have you heard of the saying "opening a can of whoop-ass"? I did that once in a dream.... I opened an aluminum can labled "whoop-ass" on somebody, and they disintegrated.

My favorite Bulbagarden smiley:

Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure that Team Rocket's short appearances mean that they're biding their time for something big...did anyone see the stuff to come next year after the credits? I actually never thought Team Plasma was going to appear in the anime because of Team Rocket's apparent growth when it comes to evil deeds...having two serious and evil teams in the anime is going to spice things up a bit for sure...
    ...well, unless Team Plasma act like clowns like JJM in the previous series.

Ranma ½, Maison Ikkoku and now TORADORA! fan.

3DS FC: 2938-6903-6577

So Desumasu has two eyes. I always thought it had one.

Anyways, pretty good episode. Anyone think they're going to change the opening next episode or leave it the same?

Blog Entries

Deathmas is pretty cute! I do wish this episode had more action; about 80% of it was just walking around and looking at things. Possessed!Dento only had a small amount of screentime.

Loved the constant bickering between Iris and Dento, and Aloe was as awesome as I expected! I'm so excited for the next episode! Of course, the Rocket Gang had some epic scenes yet again. I love seeing them.
    icon by twilightblade

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Satoshi:Ore Satoshi desu.
    Iris:Atashi wa Iris.
    Dento:Boku wa Dento.

Quick question shouldn't Dento be the one using Ore? He's the older male n Satoshi's the younger one so he should be using Boku. Is he using Ore to show Iris he isn't a kid? Technically they both should be using Boku.
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 13th June 2011 at 11:35 AM.

Blog Entries

Ok, just watched the episode...

- Ew Giant Mamepato... GO AWAY (and take Ash's Mamepato with you)
    - Sarcophagus on the poster...
    - Every pokémon is revealed in the openning... Heck yeah.
    - Floating fossil... scary...
    - Is Dento really tall or is the other guy really small... He's as tall as Dento...
    - Kibago goes back in Iris' hair cause it's scared... riiiiiiight...
    - Iris' spirituality v Dento's scepticism...
    - Who would buy those glasses? Seriously, you look at them and meh...
    - Ok Egyptian Sarcophagus amidst Greek (Doric to be precise) columns and ruins... Museum curator, you fail at History.
    - Hey... It's the egg... Hey, it's gone...
    - Bishie Rocket is back!!!
    - Purple mist = Evil... oh who am I kidding? It's pokémon... Purple Mist = Misunderstood pokémon.
    - Yes Ash, let's destroy the priceless artefacts...
    - THE MASK IS CRYING!!!
    - SPINNING DENTO!!!! Destroy that rare and priceless dinosaur bones...
    - POSSESED DENTO THROWS ENERGY BALLS!!! *fangasm*
    - Iris will finally do something... Oh wait she's just talking to Dentask.
    - Helloooo Aloe!
    - Your best friend is possessed by a Ghost? What you gonna do? Take out your pokédex.
    - IS ANYBODY GONNA CATCH THE DAMN THING!!! THROW A POKÉBALL AT IT. SOMEONE? ANYONE? (well anybody but Iris... she's too useless for a pokémon like that...)

Ok... seriously I want to shake the writers. This is an awesome, original, interesting pokémon... put it on the main cast. Let's give Ash his first ghost type! Or let's give Dento another pokémon...

Wait, I forgot, we can't have that, we need to have pokémon like Kurumiru even though pokémon of the same typing and movepool are already currently on the main cast...[/SARCASM] >____>

As for the episode itself, I liked the setting (despite the historical inaccuracies) and the two new characters introduced. I loved the genre switch, from comedic to a more gothic feel then back to adventure... It gave the episode a very unique feeling. Overall, I liked it.

PDL

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Ok... seriously I want to shake the writers. This is an awesome, original, interesting pokémon... put it on the main cast. Let's give Ash his first ghost type! Or let's give Dento another pokémon...
    I'm sorry, but Dent only accepts death notes, not death masks :D.

The episode was pretty ho-hum... But I do wonder if this will mean that there will be more dark-skinned minor characters in the future... It's nice to have some dark-skinned major characters, but it's very strange to have all the crowds or CoTDs be "standard".
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Blog Entries

Oh, something that disappointed me was the scene with Iris raising her hands and looking all spooky/possessed in the previews for this episode... I thought that meant she'd gotten possessed like Dento, but no, all it was was her explaining her view of the situation while being all creepy with her arms in the air.

Would've been nice if they spent more time with the actual attacks on the characters/museum rather than patrolling for majority of the episode! ^^;
    icon by twilightblade

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This was a good episode for what it was.

I wish the scenes with the armor attacking and Dragonite skeleton attacking the group went on a little longer though. I also wish we saw more of fireball throwing-Dento.

Just watched this... nice ep and this was the first (yes, first and only time so far) ep where Iris and Dento had any kind of real interaction with each other (I still laugh at people who said they interacted in the previous eps cause that just didn't happen - what we had in THIS ep - is called interaction between characters, not their random usual boring dialogue that all main characters had)

Desumasu is actually kind of cute... well... not really cute XD but better than I thought it was until now (like always, the anime changes my opinion for the better about the new Poké)
    It was funny how poor Desumasu got its hands though the glass and tried to pull the mask but the mask didn't pass through the glass XD
    They actually mentioned Kabuto and Dragonite, so that's nice... these two and Umbreon are the only old ones mentioned by now so far (Persian in ep 1/2 wasn't mentioned by name, if I remember correct)
    I guess they'll keep throwing references to old Poké this way from time to time until we'll start seeing a few in the later parts of the series

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gotpika View Post
    Satoshi:Ore Satoshi desu.
    Iris:Atashi wa Iris.
    Dento:Boku wa Dento.

Quick question shouldn't Dento be the one usin' Ore? He's the older male n Satoshi's the younger one so he should be usin' Boku. Is he usin' Ore to show Iris he aint no kid? Techinally they both should be usin' Boku.
    'Ore' is a harsh, rough male pronoun and 'boku' is a more formal, modest male pronoun. Hence they use what they use. Oh, and Satoshi's always used 'ore'. This is kinda sparse, but it might help give a better view.

Anyone else care to weigh in on this subject?

Dangan Ronpa avatar and sig pic by me. Bases from here.
    3DS Friend Code: 1177-7801-6992. Friend Safari is Psychic with Abra, Espurr and Xatu. If you add me, let me know!
    Me on LiveJournal

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The episode served its purpose: introducing Aloe and the museum that houses a Pokemon Gym inside.

Looking back, it wasn't a surprise that Desumasu debuted in this episode. Kitsuchi did hold a Desukhan coffin exhibit and thought it would be great to have a Desumasu mask as part of it. I wished the pokemon did a lot more with the time it was given - the Dragonite fossil attacking Ash and co. for a longer period of time, or even possessing Dent.

It was a transistion episode at best. The Shippou Museum is holding the meteorite that TRio has to steal, so I am guessing that this is being done some time after Ash's battle with Aloe.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

At least they're making good use of Dento with him getting possessed. We never saw Brock do something like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast