REVIEW: BW 013 "Chillarmy is a Neat Freak!?" Review Thread - Page 6

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: BW 013 "Chillarmy is a Neat Freak!?" Review Thread

Religion is a club Every Breaking Wave's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 013 "Chillarmy is a Neat Freak!?" Review Thread

If this episode establishes anything, it is that Ash has absolutely no problem with stripping down to his underpants mere minutes after meeting someone.

It disturbs me to say that, somehow....

Quote Originally Posted by Every Breaking Wave View Post
    If this episode establishes anything, it is that Ash has absolutely no problem with stripping down to his underpants mere minutes after meeting someone.

It disturbs me to say that, somehow....
    It's also been established time after time that Ash doesn't know what romantic love is.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Well, he's also ten. It'd be more disturbing if he was thinking about that all the time.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 20th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RamboBabe View Post
    I'm going to be honest with all of you, I didn't like Bel at first. She was annoying as hell, but I guess I'll get used to her.
    She's supposed to be ditsy and somewhat annoying, that's just her character. The clumsy dumb blonde.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miar View Post
    And now that Ash has Attract, everything that's not Ash's knows to dodge it (Shooty's Pururiru before, and then this wild Chillarmy. And then it counter-Attracted).
    That's probably why I dislike the whole point of BW007. The whole point was to use a Pokemon that was of the same gender, like Mamepato.

If you can dodge it, then why did the writers throw in all that crap with Mamepato. I mean sure I get it Ash really wanted Snivy and used his whole team at the time, but even still, all these other Pokemon are dodging it like it means nothing.

Probably just even more proof that the writers hate Ash. I mean he even told Mamepato to dodge the attract with quick attack, and Mamepato was still hit with attract, even if it was ineffective.

Was showing Ash's Pokemon genders really that more important? I ask because it is unlikely we'll see the genders of Meguroco or Kurumiru.

Blog Entries

I loved the episode. One of the best I'd seen yet. My favorie part was when Bel got angry and stomped her foot in the ground. Her Chaoboo does the same thing witch made me lol real hard. XD Chaoboo's actions in the episode is making me want to pick Pokabu for my starter even more in my first White playthrogh :} Iam looking forward to see more Bel in the future episodes. Her kluzsyness is something I cant stop thinking about her. 8D

P.S. Is Miju's Shell Blade really like that? 8*
    Last edited by Antlionerd; 21st December 2010 at 12:57 AM.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Well, he's also ten. It'd be more disturbing if he was thinking about that all the time.
    Whenever people try to think about Ash in romantic situations, please, refer to this post.

Like in the edits thread about Dawn's skirt...she's 10. What are people doing thinking about ten year olds in that way anyway?

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd
    She's supposed to be ditsy and somewhat annoying, that's just her character. The clumsy dumb blonde.
    I'm pretty sure Japan doesn't have the "blonde = dumb" stereotype.

Besides that, I don't really think yellow hair is meant to represent blonde hair in Japanese cartoons the way it does in American cartoons. To the animators, yellow is just another primary color.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 20th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Whipping Up a Wind Scar! CrazyYanmega's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gotpika View Post
    Strange ya know with all the dumb yellow hairs like Naruto n Sailor Moon n the optimistic ones like Goku durin' Super Saiyan form(e). I thought Japan's stereotype of a American was a big nosed, blond, blue eyed, FAT person. Seems strange the blonde stereotype aint very relevant there.
    Fix'ed

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    That's probably why I dislike the whole point of BW007. The whole point was to use a Pokemon that was of the same gender, like Mamepato.

If you can dodge it, then why did the writers throw in all that crap with Mamepato. I mean sure I get it Ash really wanted Snivy and used his whole team at the time, but even still, all these other Pokemon are dodging it like it means nothing.

Probably just even more proof that the writers hate Ash. I mean he even told Mamepato to dodge the attract with quick attack, and Mamepato was still hit with attract, even if it was ineffective.

Was showing Ash's Pokemon genders really that more important? I ask because it is unlikely we'll see the genders of Meguroco or Kurumiru.
    It's because Ash doesn't understand love, thus Attract's effectiveness is reduced. Snivy understood it, so it was highly effective.

Really, though, it's possible that the writers don't want every one of Ash's battles to be Attract Spamming.
    MorpheusShipper for all of time!!!

Tsunderes make me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Absolclaw View Post
    Depends if you want the cyber worm, the anti-centipede or the decaying chicken.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyYanmega View Post
    It's because Ash doesn't understand love, thus Attract's effectiveness is reduced. Snivy understood it, so it was highly effective.
    Except though move accuracy and other move related stuff relies heavily on the Pokemon using the move. I would find it hard to believe that Snivy knew the exact moment to use Attract and Ash only properly used it once.

Really, though, it's possible that the writers don't want every one of Ash's battles to be Attract Spamming.
    Well then they shouldn't have Ash use the move constantly (even if he's only ever used it three times), even though if every one of those Diablous Ex Machina things were a strategy then I can't see why Ash can't spam attract? I mean it is a viable strategy then it should work on a regular basis.

I understand that Ash will always be at a disadvantage but I still don't like the fact that in BW007, Ash only beat attract because he had a same gender Pokemon. Though of course it would mean Ash using Pikachu again, so actually I like how Ash caught Snivy using Mamepato just dislike the whole attract premise, and how less effective it has been since the episode outside of Janovy.

And if spamming was an issue have the Pokemon have the same gender. I can already tell Shooti is going to catch a female Pokemon, just to counter Snivy's attract, maybe the vulture looking Pokemon (even though apparently it's a weird looking eagle).

Though I guess the attract thing was for comedic relief.

Whipping Up a Wind Scar! CrazyYanmega's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Except though move accuracy and other move related stuff relies heavily on the Pokemon using the move. I would find it hard to believe that Snivy knew the exact moment to use Attract and Ash only properly used it once.
    I was kidding. I really think that they want to keep this fresh and not over used.
    MorpheusShipper for all of time!!!

Tsunderes make me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Absolclaw View Post
    Depends if you want the cyber worm, the anti-centipede or the decaying chicken.

japan has a lot of stereotypes surrounding foreigners, but belle is not one of them. blond = foreign doesn't fly here anymore. tons of japanese (my husband for example) have bleach blond hair now, and in anime people have all kinds of hair colors, although many anime foreigners will also be blond, the key point to their foreigness is a japanese person doing an imitation of a foreign accent (and it's always nothing like a real foreign accent, hah!). lt. surge is my favourite example!

anyway yeah belle is neither foreign nor a dumb blond, she's just ditzy in general. pokemon has had its share of ditzy blonds (barry and palmer anyone?!) but then there is like, volkner...

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by sunyshore View Post
    japan has a lot of stereotypes surrounding foreigners, but belle is not one of them. blond = foreign doesn't fly here anymore. tons of japanese (my husband for example) have bleach blond hair now, and in anime people have all kinds of hair colors, although many anime foreigners will also be blond, the key point to their foreigness is a japanese person doing an imitation of a foreign accent (and it's always nothing like a real foreign accent, hah!). lt. surge is my favourite example!

anyway yeah belle is neither foreign nor a dumb blond, she's just ditzy in general. pokemon has had its share of ditzy blonds (barry and palmer anyone?!) but then there is like, volkner...
    We didn't mean Belle was a foreigner, we meant she was a ditzy idiot and people associate yellow hair or blond hair with being a idiot like Paris Hilton or Sailor Moon.
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 13th June 2011 at 12:05 AM.

my senior thesis i'm working on is about stereotyping so i think i went off the know-it-all deep end :B

but yeah, like dogasu also said, japan doesn't have that dumb blond thing, it's either coolkids bleaching their hair or occasionally, foreigners. japanese don't associate being blond with being an idiot, but certainly when the episode gets dubbed...XD

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gotpika View Post
    We didn't mean Belle was a foreigner, we meant she was a ditzy idiot and people associate yellow hair or blond hair with bein' a idiot like Paris Hilton or Sailor Moon.
    Hey! Don't be dissin' on Sailor Moon

Quote Originally Posted by sunyshore View Post
    my senior thesis i'm working on is about stereotyping so i think i went off the know-it-all deep end :B

but yeah, like dogasu also said, japan doesn't have that dumb blond thing, it's either coolkids bleaching their hair or occasionally, foreigners. japanese don't associate being blond with being an idiot, but certainly when the episode gets dubbed...XD
    Oh dear god, you're right....

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast