REVIEW: BW 013 "Chillarmy is a Neat Freak!?" Review Thread - Page 5

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 119

Thread: BW 013 "Chillarmy is a Neat Freak!?" Review Thread

  1. #61
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: BW 013 "Chillarmy is a Neat Freak!?" Review Thread

    Yeah, seeing Ash's rivals have the second form of the starters really makes me hope Ash gets them too eventually.

    I kinda hope this is the first series where Ash gets 3 fully evolved starters, (since DP had two), but who knows if they will do that.

    Sometimes you have to wonder about Team Rocket and Iris. Each week it seems they get focused on less and less. Wow.

  2. #62
    Easy listening Masurao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,313
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: BW 013 "Chillarmy is a Neat Freak!?" Review Thread

    I like Belle, but I hope she doesn't become the next Ursula or Barry in terms of their battles.

  3. #63
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: BW 013 "Chillarmy is a Neat Freak!?" Review Thread

    Its ironic that Shooti and Bel really seem like expies of Paul and Barry. Its like they've been replaced by seemingly similar characters.

    With Bel they had no choice as she's from the games, but Shooti was an anime-creation so they could have done something totally different for Ash's main rival.

    I don't want a repeat of Paul/Barry though, so I hope Shooti and Bel have some more differences later on.

  4. #64
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    484

    Default Re: BW 013 "Chillarmy is a Neat Freak!?" Review Thread

    By the way, did anyone else find the way Chaoboo used Heat Stamp hilarious? It looked cool, don't get me wrong, but it really did look like a move a wrestler would pull.
    Honestly, I didn't like the way they made the fire pig become one with the sun and go straight down to make Heat Stamp. Then again, DP's Air Slash was retarded too.
    People cannot protect their precious ones only with kindness. I am prepared to protect my important friends. Even if I will be called the devil! There's no way you can win, when you don't have bond with friends.

  5. #65
    Registered User Eneci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Belgrade
    Posts
    1,305

    Default Re: BW 013 "Chillarmy is a Neat Freak!?" Review Thread

    I loved the episode, they made Bel just as I thought, a very simple girl who loves to fight and a little clumsy of course!

    I think that she is going to be a recurring charachter, we must see what happens with Chillarmy!

    This gives me hope that White will appear to! XD LOL
    Last edited by Eneci; 17th December 2010 at 04:50 AM.

  6. #66
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    84

    Default Re: BW 013 "Chillarmy is a Neat Freak!?" Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Its ironic that Shooti and Bel really seem like expies of Paul and Barry. Its like they've been replaced by seemingly similar characters.

    With Bel they had no choice as she's from the games, but Shooti was an anime-creation so they could have done something totally different for Ash's main rival.

    I don't want a repeat of Paul/Barry though, so I hope Shooti and Bel have some more differences later on.
    Shooti = Cheren, or maybe??

  7. #67
    ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    9,831
    Blog Entries
    24
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

    Default Re: BW 013 "Chillarmy is a Neat Freak!?" Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin
    Bel wanted Ash's Pikachu to do something called "Denji Wheel" assuming Bel didn't have too much sugar to eat and it's actually a move, what move is it?
    IIRC, it was Denji Ha, or "Thunder Wave." After Bel ordered Pikachu to use the attack, Satoshi told her that it doesn't know that move.

    Bel also tried to get Mijumaru to use Hydro Pump, but it doesn't know that, either.

    I would have LOL'ed if Bel tried to order Satoshi's Pokabu to use anything other than Ember :P
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

    | My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

  8. #68
    . Ishida's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nah
    Posts
    891
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: BW 013 "Chillarmy is a Neat Freak!?" Review Thread

    So Chaobuu is the same Pokabu from Prof.Araragi's lab? Anyway it was good to see Pikachu actually win a battle for once even though it was kind of cheat since Chaobuu hit Pikachu a couple of times and it only took Pikachu one Volt Tackle to take it out. I hope we see Bel again sometime in the future she seems like a really interesting character Iris needs to start doing something though even Dento seems to be doing more.

  9. #69
    Registered User tawna123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    67

    Default Re: BW 013 "Chillarmy is a Neat Freak!?" Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Its ironic that Shooti and Bel really seem like expies of Paul and Barry. Its like they've been replaced by seemingly similar characters.

    With Bel they had no choice as she's from the games, but Shooti was an anime-creation so they could have done something totally different for Ash's main rival.

    I don't want a repeat of Paul/Barry though, so I hope Shooti and Bel have some more differences later on.
    Which is the reason why I was upset that Belle looks (and acts similar) to Barry. I don't want to ever think of Belle as Barry's replacement. Belle should have been her own unique character but to me she just looks a little bit like a copy of Barry. :/

    Anyways, I hope Belle's character changes later on (if she appears more often)

  10. #70
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    225

    Default Re: BW 013 "Chillarmy is a Neat Freak!?" Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tepig View Post
    So Chaobuu is the same Pokabu from Prof.Araragi's lab? Anyway it was good to see Pikachu actually win a battle for once even though it was kind of cheat since Chaobuu hit Pikachu a couple of times and it only took Pikachu one Volt Tackle to take it out. I hope we see Bel again sometime in the future she seems like a really interesting character Iris needs to start doing something though even Dento seems to be doing more.
    Who says it is? She got Pokabu after episode one and has already evolved it? I mean, Shooti evolved his Tsutarja. We can't assume it was the same one, but I can see your reasoning

    Quote Originally Posted by tawna123 View Post
    Which is the reason why I was upset that Belle looks (and acts similar) to Barry. I don't want to ever think of Belle as Barry's replacement. Belle should have been her own unique character but to me she just looks a little bit like a copy of Barry. :/

    Anyways, I hope Belle's character changes later on (if she appears more often)
    Pay more attention to Barry and Belle. If the anime did bad writing to replicate the two of them, then the game did bad scripting to replicate a character from DP into BW. Hyperactive doesn't mean they're the same. They're just vaguely similar.

    Barry was constantly wanting to be the strongest trainer, finding the strongest Pokemon and switching for the strongest at each chance. Remember his debut episode? He said if Empoleon wasn't the strongest, he'd get something stronger, and if that wasn't the strongest, he'd find something stronger.

    He was going from one thing to another quickly, but that was because of his energy level, not from being scattered. I wouldn't qualify Barry as being ditzy or unorganized at all. He was shown to be a directed and controlled person. He idolized his father, Palmer, and wanted to be a powerful trainer just like him.

    Look at Belle, from what we saw of her. She's hyperactive, and flits from one thing to another. She's unorganized and her bag is a mess. She calls out to other trainer's Pokemon to use attacks regardless of whether she knows it can use it, let alone commanding another trainer's Pokemon. Would Barry have ever commanded another person's Pokemon? It's not about being disrespectful, but rather being a fool. That kind of action is a sign of a ditz. Belle became a trainer just to satisfy her parents and wanted to explore the world, like May.

    This post may seem biased toward Barry, but it's because I've become a big Barry fan, but I'm also a big Belle fan just from her quirks and actions in the game. I can't wait to see more of her. My main point is that people can be hyperactive but have different personalities. Barry is strategic, hyperactive and commanding, while Belle is ditzy, hyperactive and emotional.

    Remember the last hyperactive person we had before Barry?



    Harley was hardly a copy of Barry or Belle. Harley was just as entertaining as the two of them, though. His outfit was a replica of a friggin' Cacturne. Harley's biggest pull was his questionable morals along with his extreme creativity. From using May's Tentacool experience during a contest to dressing up as Mayley, he was a unique rival even with his hyperactive-ness. I watch Harley for entertainment because of how much of a creative trickster he is along with his funny quirks. I watch Barry because of how much he's in everyone's faces while taking the spotlight of the scene. Belle, however, is cute and fun to watch because of how ditzy and flitty she is.
    Last edited by Miju Miju; 17th December 2010 at 10:22 AM.

  11. #71
    Registered User tawna123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    67

    Default Re: BW 013 "Chillarmy is a Neat Freak!?" Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Miju Miju View Post
    Pay more attention to Barry and Belle. If the anime did bad writing to replicate the two of them, then the game did bad scripting to replicate a character from DP into BW. Hyperactive doesn't mean they're the same. They're just vaguely similar.

    Barry was constantly wanting to be the strongest trainer, finding the strongest Pokemon and switching for the strongest at each chance. Remember his debut episode? He said if Empoleon wasn't the strongest, he'd get something stronger, and if that wasn't the strongest, he'd find something stronger.

    He was going from one thing to another quickly, but that was because of his energy level, not from being scattered. I wouldn't qualify Barry as being ditzy or unorganized at all. He was shown to be a directed and controlled person. He idolized his father, Palmer, and wanted to be a powerful trainer just like him.

    Look at Belle, from what we saw of her. She's hyperactive, and flits from one thing to another. She's unorganized and her bag is a mess. She calls out to other trainer's Pokemon to use attacks regardless of whether she knows it can use it, let alone commanding another trainer's Pokemon. Would Barry have ever commanded another person's Pokemon? It's not about being disrespectful, but rather being a fool. That kind of action is a sign of a ditz. Belle became a trainer just to satisfy her parents and wanted to explore the world, like May.

    This post may seem biased toward Barry, but it's because I've become a big Barry fan, but I'm also a big Belle fan just from her quirks and actions in the game. I can't wait to see more of her. My main point is that people can be hyperactive but have different personalities. Barry is strategic, hyperactive and commanding, while Belle is ditzy, hyperactive and emotional.

    Remember the last hyperactive person we had before Barry?



    Harley was hardly a copy of Barry or Belle. Harley was just as entertaining as the two of them, though. His outfit was a replica of a friggin' Cacturne. Harley's biggest pull was his questionable morals along with his extreme creativity. From using May's Tentacool experience during a contest to dressing up as Mayley, he was a unique rival even with his hyperactive-ness. I watch Harley for entertainment because of how much of a creative trickster he is along with his funny quirks. I watch Barry because of how much he's in everyone's faces while taking the spotlight of the scene. Belle, however, is cute and fun to watch because of how ditzy and flitty she is.
    I do get your point ^^
    But everybody can just see things differently. It doesn't mean we're wrong nor it doesn't mean we're right, its just an opinion.

    I haven't played Black and White myself (I take it that you did though) as I want to wait until its out in my country, but I read Belle's profile (game and anime profile) so I do know what she's like.
    I'm trying to say that Barry and Belle are quite similar to each other because of the expressions they do, the way they look and how clumsy they are. Not because of the way they raise their Pokemon, what goals they have, what they do or how organised they are.
    Of course they're different. (:

    I'm a huge Barry fan too, I was just slightly upset to see someone who dresses and acts 'similar' to Barry and be Ash's new rival at the same time. I didn't say she was a complete copy, just 'a bit' and I don't think I mentioned anything about 'hyperness' either, correct me if I'm wrong please XD

    However Barry and Belle seem to both do the 'thud' I don't know if Belle does that in the game, but when I watched the episode, for a minute it screamed 'copy!!!' to me, but now that I think about it Silver did that 'thud' thing before Barry and Belle was even created! XD
    So its more likely that the writers put that in there to show that Belle is clumsy. We'll see if Belle does it again.
    People were even starting to compare her to Barry and saying she's better than him, but all that doesn't matter since its thier own opinion at the end of the day and they're entitled to theirs, as I'm entitled to mine. (: You can be both fans of Belle and Barry, I'll probably start to like Belle especially when I get the game and when she appears more often.

    Yes, Harley was entertaining XD just like Barry and Belle, he was May's rival not Ash's but still, all three of them are similar because they're entertaining and I totally understand that. C:

    But let me just say this,
    if Belle had a different hair colour she probably wouldn't be compared to him in the first place...and maybe if she didn't wear orange and green either XD because even before her anime debut people were saying things like they were related to each other and other things too lol

    But anyway it would be cool if Belle was related to Barry, then that would be a better explanation why they look similar IMO. XD

  12. #72
    Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    10,986
    Blog Entries
    15
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: BW 013 "Chillarmy is a Neat Freak!?" Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Number of comments about May's boob: 2 756 280
    To be fair...

    Also, OCD Chillarmy? Funky.

  13. #73
    A man in love Pesky Bug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Hodomoe City Name: Charles
    Posts
    206

    Default Re: BW 013 "Chillarmy is a Neat Freak!?" Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post
    By the way, did anyone else find the way Chaoboo used Heat Stamp hilarious? It looked cool, don't get me wrong, but it really did look like a move a wrestler would pull.
    I always imagined Heat Stamp to have the Pokémon's hand/paw heat up and... well, stamp the opponent. Anything but turning into a great ball of fire and using its ass. xD

  14. #74
    Ook ook! Eek eek! MonkeyBoy210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Grooseland
    Posts
    2,765
    Blog Entries
    18

    Default Re: BW 013 "Chillarmy is a Neat Freak!?" Review Thread

    -Bel is a very entertaining character!

    -Chaoboo is entertaining as well

    -Nitro Charge finally!

    -Poor Oshawott! Bel distracting him was hilarious and it was adorable seeing him get tickled. Sad he lost though(poor Oshawott!)

    -More entertaining stuff like trying to trap Chillarmy

    -Smugleaf's attract backfires! Haha!

    -LOL!!! Chillarmy's obsession with cleanliness gets him captured! Now that was an awesome way to see a Pokemon get captured!

    -Battle with Bel! Heat Stamp is a cool move and it was awesome to see Pikachu win!

    Definatley one of my favs in BW so far! I can't wait to see Bel in the future!

  15. #75
    illustrator one RamboBabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    24

    Default Re: BW 013 "Chillarmy is a Neat Freak!?" Review Thread

    I can just see all the Bel/Jun fanfictions and art dumping itself onto the internet right now.

    I'm going to be honest with all of you, I didn't like Bel at first. She was annoying as hell, but I guess I'll get used to her. Did anyone else notice that Dento looks a BIT older looking or it's just me?


    Now posting: Rocket Dan Rookie Chapter 1. Goto http://www.Rambobu.deviantart.com to read/comment.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •