REVIEW: BW 012 "The Yabukuron Squad and the Secret Base!?" Review Thread - Page 5

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: BW 012 "The Yabukuron Squad and the Secret Base!?" Review Thread

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 012 "The Yabukuron Squad and the Secret Base!?" Review Thread

Oh, I agree that Iris avoiding abuse with her jungle girl super abilities while Ash and Dent get stuck winding up black and blue seems like the sort of gag they'd try to get a lot of mileage out of. It's definately something I wouldn't mind seeing more of.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Attract? Really?
    Well...yeah, really. It was constantly shown to be Tsutarja's trump card, how's that not important? Even if Ash didn't get round the move on purpose, y'know...it was still relevent either way.

The same good be said about Snivy's capture, as I mentioned earlier Ash could've realized that Snivy just wasn't the right Pokemon for him since she was so adamant about not being caught, Ash could've just left without Snivy.
    Exactly. 'Could have'.

The thing is, May didn't get Swablu, and as such, it isn't an important character in the grand scheme of things. Ash, on the other hand, did get the pokemon, and as such, Tsutarja herself is now an important character, so everything concerning her in that episode is relevent. And the whole episode was about her. We were introduced to it's personallity, it's abilities and given a little speil about it's history, all of which were a consistant theme throughout the episode. You can't tell me that getting some insight into a character that became part of the main cast isn't important.

Even when the egg hatches, the pokemon itself will have nothing to do with the Yabukuron episode other than the fact that 'Hey! Ash got it's egg right at the end of that one episode!'.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grave-E View Post
    Even when the egg hatches, the pokemon itself will have nothing to do with the Yabukuron episode other than the fact that 'Hey! Ash got it's egg right at the end of that one episode!'.
    You mean even if we find out that SG's Meguroco is the hatched Meguroco's parent, and which was the reason it was in the episode, looking for it's egg but Caretaker lady thought it was an abandoned egg and took it and kept it.

Or what about SG Meguroco using stone edge, what if hatched Meguroco has that move as well.

... But if it ends up being something other than Meguroco, then you win, I'm getting tired of this argument. If you all want to have twisted definitions of filler than be my guest. Just do me a favor, next time an episode is a "filler", don't make it sound like it's the most horrible unnecessary filler in the whole entire anime. Just say "it was a bad episode" I mean is that too much to ask for.

What purpose to have to single out an episode and say it was a bad filler. Is calling it a bad episode some how lessen the impact of calling it bad?

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    You mean even if we find out that SG's Meguroco is the hatched Meguroco's parent, and which was the reason it was in the episode, looking for it's egg but Caretaker lady thought it was an abandoned egg and took it and kept it.
    Yeah, that'd be fair enough I guess. It'd still be a pretty flimsy way to link everything together though, imo.

Though for the record, I never said this was a bad episode, or a bad filler. ^^;

RONALDO!!
    Blog Entries

Wow, IRIS FTW!!!

This eppy was NOT a filler, Ash gets a croc egg and off we go. I can already smell Unova League W for the guy.

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

I still think egg is belong to a Zuruggu. For comparison:

1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    I still think egg is belong to a Zuruggu. For comparison:

I agree.
    the colors match perfectly.

There's not black strips in the egg, so that isn't a croc's egg
    Last edited by Reila; 9th December 2010 at 08:24 PM.

Something I thought of for the whole egg issue was that Ash catches glassesroco AND the egg hatches, but one of them gets Oak'd (or Aragari'd in this case I guess :/) and considering that Meguroco is in a number of art from future episodes it'll probably be the egg for some weird reason.

But it does seem more likely that the egg does hatch into Zuruggu, which if it does, it'll be Togepi all over and I'll be PO'd.
    Visit my DeviantART Page!

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hope if they do turn Meguroc into a reoccurring character, perhaps they can hook him up with some fellow troublemakers. Y'know, a gang of wild Pokemon that torment Ash and Co. Have Nageki and Dageki accompany him as bouncers or something.

Blog Entries

Definitely not the best episode. I was thinking this was going to be the first filler episode until the Satoshi got the egg. I hope Meguroco doesn't blast off in every episode. Of all Pokemon, why did they use sunglasses Meguroco?

By the way, what was the meteorite thing that Team Rocket got for? Did they say what they'll do with it?
    CLAMIMED: Loves to eat!

PDL

Quote Originally Posted by UpbeatFerno View Post
    But it does seem more likely that the egg does hatch into Zuruggu, which if it does, it'll be Togepi all over and I'll be PO'd.
    How so? Zuruggu is certainly not a baby Pokémon like Togepi, plus we've had many of eggs hatched by the main characters over the years after Togepi's debut, and they've all pulled their weight and have been far more useful then Togepi ever was.

If anything, Zuruggu would be like Croagunk.

Anyway, the episode itself... It would have been your standard boring episode had Team Rocket interfered rather then being left out of Ash's antics. Although it was a strange choice to bring Sunglasses Megucroco back and have him as an antagonist. They might explain it's appearence later on though.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Quote Originally Posted by PDL View Post
    How so? Zuruggu is certainly not a baby Pokémon like Togepi, plus we've had many of eggs hatched by the main characters over the years after Togepi's debut, and they've all pulled their weight and have been far more useful then Togepi ever was.
    I was a bit vague. I mean that it'll be the concept of Ash getting an egg but a different character owning it after it hatches. It would be nice to see Iris actually catch a Pokemon to help with character development, but re-using plots from older episodes is what bugs me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou View Post
    I agree.
    the colors match perfectly.

There's not black strips in the egg, so that isn't a croc's egg
    That egg also looks like the generic one from the games, I'm not saying it isn't Zuruggu, but that it could be anything at this point if it is just a normal egg.
    Visit my DeviantART Page!

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If Iris does get that egg similar to Togepi, its just a different way for her to get a new pokemon. Nobody should complain about Ash getting, "cheated" out of a Pokemon the writers never intended for him.

Let's face it, once Ash fills up his team he's probably not going to capture anything else for a long time. I severely doubt this will be like Kanto in terms of captures

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dento View Post
    Whoa, I can't believe I'm saying this, but Yabukuron is really cute. Glad the children got to keep it in the end. <3 Loved the scene where everyone was ogling over Pikachu; Satoshi even called it cute himself, which isn't something we've heard from him in a long time (I believe).

Looks like Iris really will get the Pokemon inside the egg and Satoshi's gonna catch that Meguruco.
    I knew it'd be able to win you over finally, teehee.

I'm surprised no one bugged me or reminded me this episode was out xD;;

I liked the premise of this episode, though it wasn't as enjoyable as I wanted it to be. Yabukuron's VA is so cute D:

I'd like to see Yabu again, though I don't know if we'll be able to see another one, or it's evolution. Time will tell, and hopefully, it's a bit more enjoyable.

Like I said, I liked the premise, just the way it was done could've went out a bit better. It's not horrible to me, but it's okay.

I'm starting to think Zuruggu for the Egg now too...hm..

I guess we'll see, right?

Also, that face from Chaoboo in the preview...

LOL.
    Ultimately, I serve only one master... pure logic.
    Fanclub for an underloved Trash Pokemon...
    JP White FC: Joey 5457 5199 6851
    EN Black FC: Lipanda 3825 7876 0484

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

1.Arrives at Isshu
    2.Iris n Kibago debute
    3.Mijumaru is captured
    4.Pokabu is captured
    5.Dento, Pod, and Corn debut
    6.Dento joins and Ash/Satoshi gets his badge
    7.Tsutarja is captured
    8.Filler
    9.Iris's Doruyuuzuu debuts
    10.Shooti's Hatooboo, Janovy, and Puriruril debut
    11.Dento gets Ishizumai
    12.Ash/Satoshi gets a egg.
    Here you go Filler are fillers non-fillers have important events next episode.
    13.Belle debuts and Satoshi/Ash gets a badge case.

Since Isshu pokes are debutin' I really don't consider these at all fillers but, what ever Floats your boat.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    If Iris does get that egg similar to Togepi, its just a different way for her to get a new pokemon. Nobody should complain about Ash getting, "cheated" out of a Pokemon the writers never intended for him.
    Honestly I would much prefer a Togepi situation then what might happen. For one thing had Ash lucked into the egg, I'd be more willing to let Iris keep the Pokemon inside.

But let's look at what might happen:

BW012 centered around Ash. Because Ash helped out he was given the egg by the Caretaker, it's Ash's egg at this point, he accepted and he owns it. Now a few episodes later it starts glowing in Ash's hands and he gets excited and takes it to Nurse Joy. While it's hatching (Ash is really close), Iris sucker punches Ash and pushes him aside and sits there and the egg hatches and out pops Zuruggu, Zuruggu sees Iris and think Iris is its mommy, then Zuruggu decides to go with that.

I would literally crap bricks if that happened. I would find an interdimensional portal, go through it, grab Iris by her long wild hair and throw her off a cliff (and pray nothing broke her fall except the jagged pointy sharp rocks at the bottom).

You're darn right I'd be pissed if that happen. And how can you blame me?

Just because the writers never intended to give Ash the Pokemon. What the $&&@$&%&$&@&? How does that make any sense? If they never intended Ash to have the Pokemon inside the egg, they would've never given him the Pokemon officially in the first place. They wouldn't make some big deal about this egg, constantly showing Ash receiving it, making a huge deal, only to go "Fuck it, let's just give the Pokemon to Iris."

If Iris does get that egg similar to Togepi, its just a different way for her to get a new pokemon.
    Requoting this as I have a different response. Except how can Iris live as a character with freebies?

Kibago was given to her, golly knows where she got Doryuuzu (which obviously doesn't look like she caught it on her own, since it apparently doesn't respect Iris enough to obey her), and now the supposed Zuruggu which is hatched from Ash's egg and only went with her because Iris was jerk and basically made sure the Pokemon saw her first.

I would dislike Iris quickly if that was the case. And if she doesn't catch Zuruggu as in a wild Pokemon and she bonds with it, and throws a Poke ball, how long until she actually catches a Pokemon? With Zuruggu she has three Pokemon, the writers can't possibly think of giving her a full team.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast