REVIEW: BW 012 "The Yabukuron Squad and the Secret Base!?" Review Thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BW 012 "The Yabukuron Squad and the Secret Base!?" Review Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 012 "The Yabukuron Squad and the Secret Base!?" Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    Why? And if he wouldn't catch it, what's the point of its re-appearing?
    What's the point of any Pokemon re-appearing?

Jigglypuff, Snubbull, Spoink, Hippopotas.....

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    Why? And if he wouldn't catch it, what's the point of its re-appearing?
    Like I said before, I think it's the new goofy Rocket-Dan. Except this thing wont be blasted off every week.

They need to complete 191 episodes, that's why so many pokemons re-appears, so luck Shudo left the pokemon production, imagine DP AND BW with two hundred episodes, that would be alot of re-appearing. lol
    Last edited by the_zero; 9th December 2010 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Running Gags...

"COTD"s with unexpectedly appeared in "two" episodes...An they are not even really follow Satoshi.

There is nothing funny about his reappering and he is not going to appeared in only two episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Like I said before, I think it's the new goofy Rocket-Dan. Except this thing wont be blasted off every week.
    Then, what is its reason for attacking Satoshi and Pikachu? In its first episode, Megoroco is revealed as a good pokemon. Sudden change of its character doesn't make any sense.
    Last edited by martianmister; 9th December 2010 at 06:45 AM.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I was wondering if Meguroco knew something that the other characters didn't, like in BW 4, perhaps that Yabukuron was secretly a jerk (that would've been a twist is the teacher was RIGHT), and was trying to protect the kids...but no.

Although, I wouldn't say it's a completely 180 character change. Meguroco was still kind of a jerk in its original episode considering how rough it had to act to warn the humans, so I assume here, where no one was in trouble, it could be a jerk without feeling bad or something.
    Yu-Gi-Oh!
    Duel Monsters Sengoku!

An original Yu-Gi-Oh Fanfic! Join Yuto Masamune and his Imperial Monster Patch-Eye Dragon as they take on Sengoku Academy!

Current Chapter -Turn 2: One-Eyed Duelist, One-Eyed Dragon! Impress Summon, [Patch-Eye Dragon]!

Yuto continues his Duel against Shisa, a delinquent who calls himself a "Chain Duelist!". Just then, as Shisa's strong offense and defense overwhelms Yuto, a new type of summon occurs!

Rusty Shackleford (Or Dale Gribble, which I believe is your real name.)

Watching it again, I noticed that Meguroco was only focused on Ash. Of course, it was also willing to attack the children who were in the line of fire. Sure, the kids threw mud at it, obviously pissing it off and making it attack them as well, but I don't know why Meguroco is so pissed off? I thought they parted on good terms in BW 03? Now it spots Ash and Pikachu, and immediately whips out a goddamn stone edge, without provocation at all.

You know... maybe it's trying to steal Pikachu, like old Team Rocket.

Meh episode was meh. At least Meguroco was interesting. Don't know what it's deal with Pikachu is though. It's realy starting to look like Ash will catch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    Meh episode was meh. At least Meguroco was interesting. Don't know what it's deal with Pikachu is though. It's realy starting to look like Ash will catch it.
    Only three things I can think of. A. It wants revenge. B. It wants to steal Pikachu, or C. It's jealous of Pikachu a'la Mijumaru.

Blog Entries

One thing I notice is that we're not the only ones. Even Pika seemed befuddled that sandcroc was angry. I want to know what it was doing there to begin with. It's not following Ash, because it looked like it was minding it's own business.
    Last edited by Dragon Char; 9th December 2010 at 09:44 AM.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Quote Originally Posted by Slipstream View Post
    Only three things I can think of. A. It wants revenge. B. It wants to steal Pikachu, or C. It's jealous of Pikachu a'la Mijumaru.
    D. It wants to be catched by Satoshi. Like wild pokemon who attacks you in the games...
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    Meh episode was meh.
    That pretty much sums up my thoughts. I just wasn't feeling sorry for Yabukuron and quite frankly asked myself why did the school teacher not hit those kids, that's how annoying they were. It's annoying when you have to get through a bad filler plot just to get to the non-filler part of the episode which is the egg.

For all the criticism the Rockets are getting for their lack of screentime, at least they met up with another agent and got a meteorite sample. What did Iris do in this episode? Nothing again. Thank you writers for turning her into a useless lump! Cause we just didn't have enough of that with Misty and Brock...

Nice scene at the end with the pokémon helping clean up. Too bad we saw next to zero personality from them.

Bad filler plots, useless main girl and pokémon with no personality... This really is Kanto all over isn't it? Thank whoever put Dento in the anime and changed Team Rocket. They're the only things still making me care at this point.

I still hop the croc is the new Jiggly/Snubbull and doesn't get caught by Ash. Give him a more unique and interesting pokémon than that please...

Yeah, a lot of these eps would be throw-away fillers if it weren't for important parts tacked on in the end like the egg.

What's going on? Best Wishes feels like a step down in quality from DP.

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

I didn't think this was too bad, though it's definately not a 'good' episode. I liked that they went out of their way to present Yabukuron in a positive light by making it cute and appealing, and that was kind of enough for me to be honest.

I just don't like it that the generic filler plots have returned. Tagging an egg to the tail-end of an episode is a cheap way to make something non-filler.

I'm also getting concerned about Iris. She really isn't doing much in most episodes. This is really odd to see them shaft a main girl like this especially now.

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

Eh, it's nothing new. D/P pulled that shit all the time and it seemed to be enough to please people, and BW started as early as the third episode. At least here it wasn't randomly shoe-horning in irrelevent pokemon like Ditto.

As for Iris and the group's mons? Yeah, it's a bummer they're not really doing much with them yet, but there's another 4 years worth of stuff left. For the moment, I'm not too worried.

And the lack of Rocket screen time? I'm sure it will only be a brief case.
    *rimshot*

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast