REVIEW: BW 012 "The Yabukuron Squad and the Secret Base!?" Review Thread

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BW 012 "The Yabukuron Squad and the Secret Base!?" Review Thread

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default BW 012 "The Yabukuron Squad and the Secret Base!?" Review Thread

BW 012 "The Yabukuron Squad and the Secret Base!?"
    As they continue on their journey, Satoshi and his friends see a group of little kids on tricycles. Without warning, the children begin throwing mud balls at Satoshi! The balls hit and knock Satoshi's beloved cap off his head, so the "trash bag pokemon" who's with the children, Yabukuron, picks it up! Satoshi and the others waste no time chasing after the children and his hat. At that moment, a woman named Yuri calls for the children. It seems that Yuri is the teacher of a kindergarten, and the children are all her students! Satoshi goes toward the school to listen to Yuri's troubles, but an amazing spectacle appears before their eyes! It seems that the kindergarten has been surrounded by a mountain of garbage and turned into a secret base by the children!
    Last edited by Musashi; 24th May 2011 at 06:43 PM.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Default Re: BW 012 "The Yabukuron Squad and the Secret Base!?" Review Thread

yabukuron really is cute after all...

and what's with glassesroko showing up again? someone has a grudge for way too long :P foreshadowing of ash's new pokemon?

Blog Entries

Yuri the teacher or whatever was unlikable up until she allowed Yabukuron to "stay" (well she did save a kid, but otherwise). I seriously don't know what was up with her, even Ash apparently disagreed with her and was willing to fight for the kids.

Yabukuron was pretty cute I guess.

Meguroco well that was weird appearance, but one thing, it seems to have stone edge, seems like a decent move for Ash's Meguroco to have straight off the bat.

Team Rocket, wow, I was wondering if they were going to get anything at all. I really hope an episode real soon is Team Rocket-Centric, because seriously, as nice it was for them to get a sample meteorite (my guess is what that was), their appearance was rather short.

I loved how everyone's Pokemon helped at the end, except Doryuuzu, I really wonder when Iris is going to send it out.

And the egg, really cool. Shame the eggs design didn't change from preview to actual episode, but I guess they decided generic egg designs was better than actual Pokemon designed eggs.

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunyshore View Post
    and what's with glassesroko showing up again?
    He want to be catched by Satoshi...
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

The 2nd pokemon master pokemon_master2's Avatar

Really J/J/M are starting to be boring. They haven't been doing anything significant since BW006.

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    He want to be catched by Satoshi...

i wondered that too, but he saw pikachu and got so angry. and if that's the meguroko with ash in episode 20, then what's in his egg? XD i don't think many were expecting that one to show up again.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

I'm wondering how those kids were able to make that giant trash heap in the first place. How in the world did a bunch of kids, who wouldn't have been older than five or six, make a fort made out of bookcases and other heavy furniture?

They also must be super geniuses for being able to rig a pulley system like that.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    I'm wondering how those kids were able to make that giant trash heap in the first place. How in the world did a bunch of kids, who wouldn't have been older than five or six, make a fort made out of bookcases and other heavy furniture?

They also must be super geniuses for being able to rig a pulley system like that.
    Is that really so hard to believe?

I'm not going to pretend to know how the human brain works in regards to evolving technologies, but the kids should be smarter than our world children of the same age, for the simple fact that the Pokemon World is a bit more advanced than ours.

Granted there is Ash who isn't the brightest, but I can't help but think he was unfortunate to not have very much education when he was younger.

Blog Entries

I found the kid stuff to be rather boring. Another misunderstood Pokemon who gets understood by the end. Blah blah blah.

I guess the Sunglasses Muguroco is the new old Rocket-Dan? I love how it blasted off (with the ding and everything!), but I guess the writers are going to smartly have it blast off every once in awhile instead of turning up in every episode.

Was that the much sought after Meteonite that the Rockets got? At least their plot is still moving along.

I didn't watch it yet, but the sunglasses Meguroco makes me believe my original speculation for Ash's egg when we first saw it - it'll be Zurugu and Iris will somehow get it
    Of course, it might still be a new Meguroco, but I can't see why sunglasses Meguroco will appear again if it wouldn't join Ash... especially since someone here said it wanted Ash to catch it, though I didn't watch it myself so I don't know how right that was...

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    At least their plot is still moving along.
    In a circle, that is. If they're not going to do anything, do they REALLY need to be in every episode?
    So.

Blog Entries

yabukuron really is cute after all...

and what's with glassesroko showing up again? someone has a grudge for way too long :P foreshadowing of ash's new pokemon?
    i wondered that too, but he saw pikachu and got so angry.
    Which seems very out of character for Meguroco. Then again SG Meguroco is Sonada's character so he can do anything he wants with it. But still, unless Meguroco was actually evil and only pretended to be nice for the sake of everything happening in BW003, I can't see why Meguroco attacked.

I found the kid stuff to be rather boring. Another misunderstood Pokemon who gets understood by the end. Blah blah blah.
    I can't help but think if that was the actual case than Yuri shouldn't be a kindergarten teacher since she was being incredibly "stupid" (well okay maybe Stupid isn't the right word, how about prejudice) and stubborn. Since I can't see how Yabukuron was misunderstood if the children were defending it from the get-go.

Looked more like Yuri despised Yabukuron (for it's smell or poison type or garbage-ness) and wouldn't even give it a chance, until the end.

it does seem weird he got angry. maybe the egg really is zuruggu and iris will get it somehow. but if that's the meguroko from episode 20, why is he so scaredycat all of a sudden by that time? i was really surprised to not only see him but see him being so angry. y u mad bro??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    In a circle, that is. If they're not going to do anything, do they REALLY need to be in every episode?
    Fans have been asking the same thing for 13 years. It's not going to change now. But at least they aren't eating up screentime like they used to.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Looked more like Yuri despised Yabukuron (for it's smell or poison type or garbage-ness) and wouldn't even give it a chance, until the end.
    That's what I meant by misunderstood.

And I still don't get why so many people think Iris will get the egg. I would have thought this episode made it rather obvious Satoshi isn't catching the Sunglasses Meguroco.

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

And I still don't get why so many people think Iris will get the egg. I would have thought this episode made it rather obvious Satoshi isn't catching the Sunglasses Meguroco.
    Why? And if he wouldn't catch it, what's the point of its re-appearing?

but if that's the meguroko from episode 20, why is he so scaredycat all of a sudden by that time?
    It's only one scene. Every pokemon in anime had "scaredycat" scenes like this before.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast