BW 011 "Ishizumai! Take Back Your House!!" Review Thread - Page 8

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: BW 011 "Ishizumai! Take Back Your House!!" Review Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 011 "Ishizumai! Take Back Your House!!" Review Thread

Wow! I didn't expect this episode to be little more than a filler, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Ishizumai is utterly adorable and oh-so-sweet. It blamed itself for Yanappu getting sick and stayed by its side until it recovered...aww! I have a huge weakness for Sick Episodes, so even just looking at the screencaps is a real treat for me.

Seeing Dent in his pyjamas doesn't hurt, too. Nice! <3 Won't it be a glorious day if we see him with his shirt off?

Looking forward to seeing more of Ishizumai in action over the course of this adventure.

Dangan Ronpa avatar and sig pic by me. Bases from here.
    3DS Friend Code: 1177-7801-6992. Friend Safari is Psychic with Abra, Espurr and Xatu. If you add me, let me know!
    Me on LiveJournal

@OmigawdMatt
    I think Ishizumai's cute, and I also want one! But I'm not digging its evo yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    I may not have been clear...I meant that the orange glowy special attack might have been Bug Opposition.
    Just wondering, what's the usual color of Bug-type attacks in the anime? Is it red? Fury Cutter and Bug Buzz was red, and X-Scissor in the recent episode had some red.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi
    Because we need to see the TRio do awesome spy stuff reminiscent of "Love and the Origin of Youth!"
    Still, it's kind of odd when you really think about it. I mean, Flint has all the information and equipment needed to pull off the mission, and the fact that he escaped a police chase in the previous episode shows that he's no weakling. Sending an agent to another region to send other agents to steal data just seems like a really roundabout way to do things.

They've been using some old music tracks for a few weeks now. But like Dogasu said, its just been movie stuff.

I find it very refreshing. I was getting sick to death of the same music cues we've been hearing for the past 13 years.
    I don't feel the same. I love the older music and listen to it all the time. I kind of miss some of the music cues, to be honest.

With that said, I'm OK with Best Wishes! being different from its predecessors, musically. As long as we don't have any more episodes like BW 003 (where they played that same Kanto Safari Zone-type piece for like half the episode), I'll be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairyu
    The music variety the show have always had (well, except for the first season or so) is now dead, and that's a big damn deal. I have a hard time getting excited over stuff this series, and thats entirely due to the fact that they play the exact same music to the exact same situation in every episode. Talk about something that gets old.
    ...though I can also see where this is coming from. It's not bothering me as much now as it seems to be bothering you, but who's to say I won't feel the same way six months from now?

One thing that's kind of annoying is the fact that one of the new pieces of music, the Rocket-Dan's Isshu motto music, has only been played like two or three times since the series began.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Drifblim
    I didn't hear any music from the Zorro'ark movie in this episode... Actually, I haven't heard any music from the Zorro'ark movie in Best Wishes at all (Well, at least none of the 46 BGM tracks on the cd). I know they've started using Arceus movie music, but the rest seems to be new music made for Best Wishes.
    I just rewatched the scene I had in mind when typing my original post, and it looks like I was mistaken. But, I'm certain they've played some Zorro'ark movie tracks in this series before.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 20th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Still, it's kind of odd when you really think about it. I mean, Flint has all the information and equipment needed to pull off the mission, and the fact that he escaped a police chase in the previous episode shows that he's no weakling. Sending an agent to another region to send other agents to steal data just seems like a really roundabout way to do things.
    Well remember Team Rocket did use three entrances to get into the facility, maybe the reason why Team Rocket Trio was given the mission was because of numbers. Flint is only one person, so maybe it needed three people to get the job done.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

This ep was cool! Seein' Dento catch Ishizumai made me excited! The battle between the Ishizumai was cool, Shell Breaker was a nice attack. I'm gettin' tired of Dig, and X-Scissors their startin to feel overused kinda. Dento's Yanappu knows Dig too. Wonder what food that was Dento was making, Patato Salad? Glad to see a actual food in the Pokemon universe. Ishizumai's concern over Yanappu sealed the deal for me someone was gonna get it.

Wow, this series everyone has two pokemon at least.I hope Dento battles with it but, doesn't overuse it like with Croagunk.

If Ishizumai will be overused, I expect it to learn more attacks while progressing, unlike Brock's Croagunk. Learning new moves when evolved is nice, but I always favor the weenies learning stronger moves. Whether or not to evolve is their decision.
    People cannot protect their precious ones only with kindness. I am prepared to protect my important friends. Even if I will be called the devil! There's no way you can win, when you don't have bond with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by gotpika View Post
    Wonder what food that was Dento was making, Patato Salad?
    Yep.
    So.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin
    Well remember Team Rocket did use three entrances to get into the facility,
    You must be misremembering things. I just rewatched the scenes, and there's nothing there to suggest that they actually used the three entrances they scope out earlier. The producers only showed us multiple entrances to highlight how much security the place has.

maybe the reason why Team Rocket Trio was given the mission was because of numbers.
    Which doesn't really make any sense, given that it's easier for one person to sneak into a heavily guarded facility than it is for two people and a cat.

Flint is only one person, so maybe it needed three people to get the job done.
    Neither Musashi nor Nyasu really did anything. Kojirou was the one who launched the helicopter robot thing, and Kojirou was the one who operated the computer that got the data. It kind of looks like Nyasu did lookout, but Kojirou could have done the exact same thing if he had just sat closer to the air vent.

I see no reason why Flint couldn't have done all of that himself.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 20th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    You must be misremembering things. I just rewatched the scenes, and there's nothing there to suggest that they actually used the three entrances they scope out earlier. The producers only showed us multiple entrances to highlight how much security the place has.
    Why would the scenery and the lasers be in a different position if they used the same entrance?

Jessie- Lasers right by the wall with shrubs showing.

James- Uses a card with a card slot with lasers around.

Meowth- Crawling on a tiled floor with lasers covering it.

If not three entrances it's obvious that they took two entrances at least. As Meowth's entrance was very different than James, since James had a door with a card slot, that doesn't match the door with the tiled floor the one Meowth took. The door with the tiled floor has two large doors. Which is different than James's door.

Pictures seem to help more than video as they were quick but, looking on Filb.de, Team Rocket Trio did at least take two different entrances at least. It would seem obvious then that they took three.

Blog Entries

I sort of expected Dent to capture Ishizumai, but that expectation wasn't a bad thing. The whole episode I was like "Dent, if you don't capture that Ishizumai, I'm going to hop into the screen, grab one of your Poke Balls, and capture it for you!" XD I was really happy when he caught it. Another great episode for Best Wishes! :D Also, I loved the Team Rocket scene in this episode!

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Why would the scenery and the lasers be in a different position if they used the same entrance?

Jessie- Lasers right by the wall with shrubs showing.

James- Uses a card with a card slot with lasers around.

Meowth- Crawling on a tiled floor with lasers covering it.

If not three entrances it's obvious that they took two entrances at least. As Meowth's entrance was very different than James, since James had a door with a card slot, that doesn't match the door with the tiled floor the one Meowth took. The door with the tiled floor has two large doors. Which is different than James's door.

Pictures seem to help more than video as they were quick but, looking on Filb.de, Team Rocket Trio did at least take two different entrances at least. It would seem obvious then that they took three.
    Probably because it's easier to go unnoticed when you're alone, as opposed to being in a group of three. That's probably why they split up, then regrouped.
    Last edited by Paragon; 11th December 2010 at 01:51 PM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678