BW 011 "Ishizumai! Take Back Your House!!" Review Thread - Page 7

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: BW 011 "Ishizumai! Take Back Your House!!" Review Thread

Protecting Gotham City Geodude's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Geodude On Twitter
    Follow Geodude on Tumblr

Default Re: BW 011 "Ishizumai! Take Back Your House!!" Review Thread

I may not have been clear...I meant that the orange glowy special attack might have been Bug Opposition.

XBL: Shiny Geodude -- PSN: ShinyGeodude

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

It was Knock Down apparantly

why would it use that move on a non flying type....

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    Four out of the five most recent episodes have had a completely pointless Rocket scene that served no purpose. That was never the case before. And again, I never said they were important in every episode before, just that they never had anywhere near this amount of pointless forced appearances that don't affect the episode in the slightest.

And at least before, their most pointless appearances were at least funny. The ones we get now are mostly just walking in circles around their separate sideplot, for the most part not advancing it in any way.
    The first couple of BW eps had them do many different things. They confronted Ash twice and had the plot with the female professor, and tried to capture the grass starter.

I assume this little subplot with Flint is over for the time being, so next week might be something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Eitaro View Post
    Oops. Yeah, Knock Down. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    The first couple of BW eps had them do many different things. They confronted Ash twice and had the plot with the female professor, and tried to capture the grass starter.
    I know. I said several times that it's these 5 most recent episodes that have been getting on my nerves.

I assume this little subplot with Flint is over for the time being, so next week might be something new.
    I wouldn't count on that. Had they intended for this to be a quick subplot rather than "what they normally do in every episode nowadays", they'd have spent one episode on this "setup", not five. I bet the next episode will have them talk to the boss and being told to go elsewhere, the one after that meet with another agent and have Flint go with him to do offscreen-stuff, the one after that having them contact the boss again and being told to go elsewhere, the NEXT episode having them meet another agent and get a mysterious envelope with info stuff, etc.

zzzz
    So.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    I wouldn't count on that. Had they intended for this to be a quick subplot rather than "what they normally do in every episode nowadays", they'd have spent one episode on this "setup", not five. I bet the next episode will have them talk to the boss and being told to go elsewhere, the one after that meet with another agent and have Flint go with him to do offscreen-stuff, the one after that having them contact the boss again and being told to go elsewhere, the NEXT episode having them meet another agent and get a mysterious envelope with info stuff, etc.
    You really think TR won't meet up with Ash again for another 15-20 episodes? I seriously doubt it.

I agree if things keep on like that it'll be boring, but I'm sure the writers know this too. Otherwise TR might as well have left the series at the end of DP when Brock did, because these aren't the same characters anymore.

It's been going on for 5 episodes now. If this so-called "subplot" ends with this episode and they go back to standard apperances, then four out of these five scenes could've been dropped and/or replaced with "real" appearances. The first two were pointless enough on their own, and there's no point in adding Flint to the mix if all he's going to do before leaving is to have them "obtain more data". That could've been done off-screen.

No, all signs point to this being what we'll see of the Rockets in the next heap of upcoming episodes. The odd "Rocket subplot"-furthering scene like in BW9, and tons and tons of pointless ones to force them to appear.
    So.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As others have said in the past, it is a surprise that the Ishizumai was obtained by a main character. That said, the plot of this episode was very generic; the title sums almost everything.

Usually in the event that a main character obtains a pokemon, he/she bonds with that pokemon beforehand and fight together as a team. However, in this case, the Ishizumai's budding friendship with Dent's Yanappu could very well be the true reason for it wanting to join Dent in particular. I won't expect much out of this pokemon in future appearances, but it is a relief that the main character's rosters in this series have some variety to them.

The TRio subplot is meh. At this rate, it might not even be necessary for them to appear in every episode nowadays. I just hope that something new happens with them next time.

Blog Entries

So far Dento has been battling a bit more than Brock does, although I don't think this will keep up for the rest of the arc. I never really expected Dento to get more screentime than Brock, so I don't think his Pokemon will get used too much.

RONALDO!!
    Blog Entries

So far Dento has been battling a bit more than Brock does, although I don't think this will keep up for the rest of the arc. I never really expected Dento to get more screentime than Brock, so I don't think his Pokemon will get used too much.
    WHAT??? Brock had forever for his screentime, Dentron is not gonna stay forever, so y not give him the mic for a couple of eppys

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees4life View Post
    WHAT??? Brock had forever for his screentime, Dentron is not gonna stay forever, so y not give him the mic for a couple of eppys
    Brock had more screen time cuz he was in the series for along time. Even than he didn't do much battling. Dento is still new, but I do agree even though he's just new he seems to have more battles. Dentron? What is that? A name for haters to call him?
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

RONALDO!!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ashfangirl22 View Post
    Brock had more screen time cuz he was in the series for along time. Even than he didn't do much battling. Dento is still new, but I do agree even though he's just new he seems to have more battles. Dentron? What is that? A name for haters to call him?
    I'm no hater. I just made that name up for him as I hate the name the writers gave him (Dent)

Quote Originally Posted by Eitaro View Post

why would it use that move on a non flying type....
    Knock Down, huh? It's different from what I expected.

It's a rock attack, right? So since its facing a bug... you know.

Regarding Dent, I would think he'll get more battle screen time. Aside from Pokemon Sommelier, he's a fantastic cook so I think he's implementing the Pokemon and their techniques as cooking ingredients. We'll need more Iris so unless they remain in the dull experimentation level, they will give Dento and Iris more screen time and development.
    People cannot protect their precious ones only with kindness. I am prepared to protect my important friends. Even if I will be called the devil! There's no way you can win, when you don't have bond with friends.

Did anybody else like the way Ishizumai spoke up when Ash's group was about to walk away from it at the end? It sounded like "umai" or "imai". It sounded very funny and now I want an Ishizumai of my own because of that. :(

I'm no hater. I just made that name up for him as I hate the name the writers gave him (Dent)
    Oh, its just I've heard that name before by people who bash his character =/
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

Blog Entries

Blame GameFreak for the name. It's not the writers fault he was named that.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast