BW 011 "Ishizumai! Take Back Your House!!" Review Thread - Page 5

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: BW 011 "Ishizumai! Take Back Your House!!" Review Thread

Default Re: BW 011 "Ishizumai! Take Back Your House!!" Review Thread

@PDL
    It looks more like a rectangular bucket of sand to me ><

Speaking of moves, what was that orange ball of energy fired by the boss Ishizumai? I am thinking Power Gem, but Ishizumai can't learn that. Maybe Hidden Power?

Awesome Shell Break BTW!

Quote Originally Posted by pharaohyami5000 View Post
    Fantastic episode. I'm grateful BW continues DP's unexpected scenes as Dent catches this walking mini-mountain at the very last scene. Now to look forward to Iris's phrase when she catches one.

Why isn't Ash training at least 1 of his Pokemon this episode? He just lay on the table waiting for food. Unsure if his complaining of not getting food yet has stopped or not, but at least a small tidbit of him training would suffice. Seems his loss to Shooti wasn't enough motivation.

I love the different meals Dent cooks. Most of the time, Brock cooks some stew so this was pretty refreshing to see. Iris making medicine was another sight to see. This episode focuses more on the sidekicks which is a nice welcome.

It was pretty brave for Ishizumai to get its home back by himself with a little help from the field, seem to be Ash's specials. Slash, Scissor Cross, Withdraw/Protect (if it carries the rock), Dig and Shell Break. Unsure of what the 3rd Ishizumai's flame orb attack was.
    I think it will take another loss for Ash's training to kick in. Maybe the second gym battle? Or a new rival?
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Emeros View Post
    @PDL
    It looks more like a rectangular bucket of sand to me ><

Speaking of moves, what was that orange ball of energy fired by the boss Ishizumai? I am thinking Power Gem, but Ishizumai can't learn that. Maybe Hidden Power?

Awesome Shell Break BTW!
    It was Rock Wrecker apparently...

Registered User KamenRider Kirikizan's Avatar

Deep down, I had a hunch that Dent would catch Ishizumai from watching the preview a couple weeks ago. I'm glad that it actually happened.

Also, Shell break was awesome to see animated.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This means Dento could capture possibly any Pokemon in Isshu, since there's no theme at all.

I hope he doesn't just stay at 3 Pokemon the entire arc like Brock did in DP.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ah Dento gets screentime and a capture. Very nice. And an unexpected capture as well.

Blog Entries

Whoa, how could I not mention those badass Rocket Gang scenes? Slipping through the security lasers (....forgot what they were called) gets a big thumbs-up from me!
    New Member's Guide to BMGf
    icon by twilightblade

Quote Originally Posted by KamenRider Kirikizan View Post
    Also, Shell break was awesome to see animated.
    When I first read about Shell Break I thought the anime will show the Pokemon actually breaking its shell (like Ishizumai's rock) or removing it (Abagoura's shell looks like a backpack to me...). I hope an Abagoura in the anime will use it in the future <3

@Eitaro
    I guess from Ishizumai's moveset, that's the best bet. I was expecting Rock Wrecker to be more physical, and I was kinda hoping for a large boulder lol. Thanks :)

Protecting Gotham City Geodude's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Geodude On Twitter
    Follow Geodude on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Eitaro View Post
    It was Rock Wrecker apparently...
    According to a few people on Serebii, it was indeed Shell Break.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Every week I dread that Best Wishes will go back to the filler formula of Johto. So far they've managed to do well, but god forbid Isshu be another 3-year arc with almost all filler.
    You just won't shut up about Johto will you? I'm beginning to think it was actually your favorite region, since you think about it so much. (Take the hint.)
    Last edited by Geodude; 3rd December 2010 at 02:34 AM.

XBL: Shiny Geodude -- PSN: ShinyGeodude

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    According to a few people on Serebii, it was indeed Shell Break.
    He didn't mean what Dento's used, he meant the boss.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rock-wrecker-bw.png  

It looks like Ishizumai has 5 moves instead of 4. Does this mean they have stopped limiting pokemon to 4?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    They played major roles in all those 4 episodes.
    But they were in no way essential to the plot. The writers could have taken them out of the episode and it wouldn't have changed the narrative structure of it.

And again, I never said they were important to the plot in every episode, just that they never were disconnected from everything else to such a degree as they are now before.
    They aren't disconnected from everything, but from Ash. They are connected to the Team Rocket agenda, that is what keeps them going.

And again, unless we actually see their plot being furthered, this isn't buildup. Seeing them steal some info off a computer isn't buildup.
    Isn't it? So far their appearances have led to something in the following episodes. Right now they are building up to the meteorite plot.

That's just pointless time wasting in order to force in an appearance.
    And that's different from what happened before how? I mean, how many episodes have ended with Team Rocket interacting with the twerps in the last 2 minutes, attack with a mecha, blasting off and that was it. That served the exact same purpose, ie give them an appearance. Except that was even more of a waste of time since it didn't lead anywhere, rarely contributed to anything.

The arguments you're using apply to both old and new Team Rocket, so be consequent with yourself at least.

I hope he doesn't just stay at 3 Pokemon the entire arc like Brock did in DP.
    I actually hope he and Iris don't catch that many pokemon. Without an actual quest, 3 pokémon is more than enough. That being said, they need to be developped a lot more than Brock's pokémon were. 99% of Croagunk's appearances had nothing to do with developping Croagunk as a character. Sudowoodoo was done by DP014 and Happiny nothing really happened with Happiny until the second to last DP episode.

Same number of pokémon as Brock but a whole lot more screentime for them is the way to go in my opinion.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I can see Iris getting a full team by BW's end, or at least having more, "secret" Pokemon like the mole that she already has.

I agree Dento may only stay at 3 pokemon. I never really pegged this as a capture for him.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

At least this wasn't a filler episode.

Every week I dread that Best Wishes will go back to the filler formula of Johto. So far they've managed to do well, but god forbid Isshu be another 3-year arc with almost all filler.
    We're not outta the water yet, we have at least another 3 years, and we're going for badge 2 by next month. Who knows where they're going with it, but we'll see in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Music post!

Other than the movie stuff, it seems like the show isn't using any of the old music anymore.
    Which is the most stupid decision ever made on this show. The music variety the show have always had (well, except for the first season or so) is now dead, and that's a big damn deal. I have a hard time getting excited over stuff this series, and thats entirely due to the fact that they play the exact same music to the exact same situation in every episode. Talk about something that gets old.

When watching new D/P episodes, a notably big part of the new-episode-excitement was the music played, because, you know, they had four generations of game music and a dozen of movie soundtracks to choose from. The way the music is handled nowadays is totally a step in the wrong direction.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast