BW 010 "Rival Battle! Strong Opponent Pururiru!" Review Thread - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: BW 010 "Rival Battle! Strong Opponent Pururiru!" Review Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 010 "Rival Battle! Strong Opponent Pururiru!" Review Thread

Oh well, Ash lost another battle, as everyone had predicted (one of the reasons is that we don't see much of his roster). But if Shooti loses to Ash in the future, it would be funny if he threw a tantrum because he lost to Ash after all the times he beat him (technically two as of now).

Thanks for reading.
    “Detachment does not consist in setting fire to one's house, or becoming bankrupt or throwing one's fortune out of the window, or even giving away all of one's possessions. Detachment consists in refraining from letting our possessions possess us.”

Bonus article: Ice-type Reviews - Generation 2 (Selected TCG Art) (01/12/2014)

with all the talk there use to be of paul and his facual expressions. i am suprised no ones talking about how creepy shooti looked when he was talking about the evil eye attck. it was soo awesome and i guess i am one of the few that loved shooti.

i like him better then paul to tell the truth paul was great but it took to long for me to like him. i pretty much hated him till the grottle torterra eisode. while shooti i like alot right from the bigening so that puts him ahead of paul in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Chosen of Mana View Post
    Please, it's much too early to give up on this installment of the series. Shooti is much more boring than Paul, but this is fucking Paul we're talking about.
    IMHO we should be glad we even got a rival in this region, despite the rivalry being kinda 'forced'. It's a hell lot better than there being no rival at all a'la Advanced Generation.

And here we go again... Ash loses to some novice rival, and again, and again, and again. The rival gets cocky and thinks that this young champion of Orange League and Battle Frontier, who fights Legendaries and saves the world on weekly basis, is nothing more but a pathetic noob. Then comes the League tournament, and Ash defeats the cocky rival. And then they are big friends forever!

Not Paul, not Paul, not Paul.
    I wonder if we see some friendly rivals like Barry. How about Bel?

On a side note, I liked BGM for the battle. If I'm not mistaken, there even was a part of Ash/Red's Champion theme.

And, of course, Team Rocket was good, even though their part was really small. Apparently, Giovanni's order about not bringing suspicious Pokemon doesn't make too much sense. The police already knows about Team Rocket acting in the region (how, by the way?).

So, if I understand correctly, the next episode is a Pokedex-showcase filler.

Sentinal of Anistar Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Well, I wasn't a fan of the curb stomp battle that went on there, but it wasn't a bad episode and the attract-vine whip thing was pure gold. But yeah, Shooti is like a junior Paul to me. He's like some stuck up brat.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Kir View Post
    And, of course, Team Rocket was good, even though their part was really small. Apparently, Giovanni's order about not bringing suspicious Pokemon doesn't make too much sense. The police already knows about Team Rocket acting in the region (how, by the way?).
    Sanyou's Officer Jenny heard about Team Rocket's activities in Kanto, and she wondered why they were in Isshu (BW006).

Now here's the thing. Was Team Rocket at the abandoned site of dreams or wherever it was because then it would make perfect sense why there was Officer Jenny and all those police officers since she encountered them last in BW006. Plus it looked like the same setting.

Very unusual to apparently be in Shippou one minute, backtrack to the Abandoned Lot of Dreams, and then go back forward and head to Resort Desert. They must be using jet packs and or rocket powered balloons, if they keep "lapping" Ash and co, who have yet to reach Shippou.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Now here's the thing. Was Team Rocket at the abandoned site of dreams or wherever it was because then it would make perfect sense why there was Officer Jenny and all those police officers since she encountered them last in BW006. Plus it looked like the same setting.
    It's look like a junkyard to me. Not the same place...
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Admin Iteru's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Kir View Post
    On a side note, I liked BGM for the battle. If I'm not mistaken, there even was a part of Ash/Red's Champion theme.
    I think you are mistaken. I re-watched the battle to see if I could catch it but never heard it. May I ask in what scene it starts to play?

Somewhat related, I also really liked the BGM though the Low HP music that plays when Pururiru is sent out actually infuriates my ears. Thank god for the Zukan at that part.

All I remember from this episode is the fucking FLYING TRUCK AND EXPLOSION OMG WTF YES

Seriously, they should just make an action movie about the Rockets. It would do well.

y team

...that Rocket scene was the most memorable scene in this episode. Truck falls down and BAM, explosion. <3 Epic.

Loved Tsutarja vs. Janovy - very glad Satoshi managed to get a few Attracts in, otherwise I would've begun to question why she had that in her movepool to begin with.
    New Member's Guide to BMGf
    icon by twilightblade

Quote Originally Posted by magicallypuzzled View Post
    with all the talk there use to be of paul and his facual expressions. i am suprised no ones talking about how creepy shooti looked when he was talking about the evil eye attck. it was soo awesome and i guess i am one of the few that loved shooti.

i like him better then paul to tell the truth paul was great but it took to long for me to like him. i pretty much hated him till the grottle torterra eisode. while shooti i like alot right from the bigening so that puts him ahead of paul in my mind.
    No way, I like Shooti so far too, I think he should develope nicley as the series goes on. If any thing I look forward to the leagues, I'm sure as it goes Shooti will get impressed with Ash. Lets see, ask for the episode, I don't care if Ash lost, there were many reasons why he did, two evolved starters on Shooti's team for one thing. Ask for if Ash will gain another rival like what happened with Barry? Will Barry was popular, I assume they'll do that again.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

I'm sorry, I'm just not buying this rivalry.

When Ash got demolished by Paul, it was understandable since they were on equal footing. But Shooti is a BRAND NEW TRAINER, so I can't help but feel bothered by that. The battle was pretty lackluster with only Pikachu and Tsutarja putting up a fight, while Pokabu, Mijumaru, and Mamepato were just complete embarrassments.I was hoping that this battle would make me like Shooti a little more, but it didn't.

And the TR highway chase was good up until the jet packs...

So far, BW has yet to impress me. I really want to like it, but I can't honestly say that I do at this point.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rocket dude is named Flint, right? At first I was like "wait a minute" until I remembered that this is the original and not the dub.

Anyway, Gravy, your post got me wondering...we're all expecting Team Rocket to deal with the Reshiram and Zekrom plot, but what if Genesect turns out to be the main plot they're investigating? I certainly think Giovanni would be more interested in a genetically altered ubermon as opposed to some dragons. Plus, I really think Genesect is meant to be set up as a rival to Mewtwo, especially as Mewtwo has a new move himself at Lv. 100, so I'm wondering if they may try for incorporation of the series into the movie when Genesect's rolls around.

Also, on the note of rivals, I've been thinking...what do they have left to do when it comes to rivals? They've used all the character types pretty much, although I do think it would be interesting if they had a rival group as opposed to simply a single rival.
    Yu-Gi-Oh!
    Duel Monsters Sengoku!

An original Yu-Gi-Oh Fanfic! Join Yuto Masamune and his Imperial Monster Patch-Eye Dragon as they take on Sengoku Academy!

Current Chapter -Turn 2: One-Eyed Duelist, One-Eyed Dragon! Impress Summon, [Patch-Eye Dragon]!

Yuto continues his Duel against Shisa, a delinquent who calls himself a "Chain Duelist!". Just then, as Shisa's strong offense and defense overwhelms Yuto, a new type of summon occurs!

Admin Iteru's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
    although I do think it would be interesting if they had a rival group as opposed to simply a single rival.
    Like, a gang or a possé? Yes please.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't mean they have to be jerks, but I always thought it'd be neat if they developed another group of trainers who were reoccurring rivals. Kind of tired of all these loner rivals.
    Yu-Gi-Oh!
    Duel Monsters Sengoku!

An original Yu-Gi-Oh Fanfic! Join Yuto Masamune and his Imperial Monster Patch-Eye Dragon as they take on Sengoku Academy!

Current Chapter -Turn 2: One-Eyed Duelist, One-Eyed Dragon! Impress Summon, [Patch-Eye Dragon]!

Yuto continues his Duel against Shisa, a delinquent who calls himself a "Chain Duelist!". Just then, as Shisa's strong offense and defense overwhelms Yuto, a new type of summon occurs!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast