BW 010 "Rival Battle! Strong Opponent Pururiru!" Review Thread - Page 2

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: BW 010 "Rival Battle! Strong Opponent Pururiru!" Review Thread

Default Re: BW 010 "Rival Battle! Strong Opponent Pururiru!" Review Thread

LOL at 'there is a Don George that runs a Battle Club in every city in the Isshu region. '

Angry at Ash losing yet again.

The 2nd pokemon master pokemon_master2's Avatar

Someone knows what exactly Shooti said when Ash showed him the badge? Did he say how many badges he got?

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

Are Shooty and Dent knows each other?

Are they in Shippou City or some anime-only town?
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Outcome is no surprise, but annoying. Shooti is like Paul with zero justification for his power, it seems. It's pretty much impossible for me not to find him severely annoying.
    "For a bunch of guys on a mission to save the world, you sure do love your detours."--Gig, Soul Nomad and The World Eaters
    Friend Code: 5241-3316-7599, character named Edward. Safari contains Marowak, Diggersby, and Trapinch. PM me if you want to exchange codes.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

So, a couple of random things:

- Shooty already has the badge from Shippou City.

- Shooty wanted to have a full six on six battle, but Satoshi said he couldn't because he only had five.

- Dent recognizes Shooty from when he went to the Sanyou City Gym, and vice versa. Apparently, Shooty fought against Pod, but I can't remember whether or not Dent said Shooty's Tsutarja was a Janovy by that point.

- At the end of the battle, Shooty says that Pikachu and Tsutarja are "so-so" but that the rest of his pokemon are pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi
    The Rocket scenes just feel more jarring by the week because of how separate the plot lines are becoming. I'm assuming eventually the Rockets and Satoshi will merge back together?
    You would think so. They haven't crossed paths with Satoshi since BW 006, and from what we know about the Ishizumai episode so far, it doesn't look like they'll be interacting with him in that episode either. If that ends up being the case, then that means we will have gone over a month without the two even crossing paths.

I assume they'll have a confrontation with him at the Resort Desert, whenever that is. Maybe mid-December / early January?
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

The 2nd pokemon master pokemon_master2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    So, a couple of random things:

- Shooty already has the badge from Shippou City.
    So by that we can say that he has at least 2 badges, that's why he wasn't surprised seeing Ash's badge.

Blog Entries

I don't find TR's plot jarring. I'm actually more interested to see where their plot is going than seeing Ash lose to the Shooty and his Paul the octopus' ghost (oh the irony).

I mean, is Shooty like a battle child prodigy or something? I find it annoying that he is so strong.

Hatoboh or however it's spelt, is ugly as hell. Janovy vs Tsutarja was pretty funny but that's it.
    FC
    Pearl 5284 5949 8353
    HG 3997 0410 0534

White 3654 0198 4036

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, to be fair, Pokabu, Mijumaru, and Mamepato are all new, so them losing first wasn't that odd. Pikachu and Tsutarja naturally lasted longer because Pikachu is Pikachu, and Tsutarja had a lot of experience already prior to it being captured, so I guess the writers took that into account. It's not that bothersome to me really with that in mind, although I do wish Ash beat 4 of Shooti's Pokemon instead of only 2, but I guess they want to build his team up and didn't want to spoil the other 2. I'm guessing he'll have a Fire-type down the road since he's going for a team similar to Ash's (maybe Kuitaran?), and I'd also like to see him get Emonga to counter Pikachu. Last slot can be a surprise, I guess, to match Meguroc...I dunno, Crimgan? He seems like a cool guy.

Also, Dogasu, did they comment on the fact Shooti has already evolved Tsutarja and Mamepato? I'm wondering if they were going for a "evolve them as soon as possible!" vibe with him, and possibly that may bite him in the butt later on.

Also, apparently Hatoboh was using Super Luck, so that explains why he beat Mijumaru and Pokabu so fast.
    Last edited by Garren; 18th November 2010 at 09:35 AM.

Poor Mijumaru, Mamepato, and Pokabu didn't manage to get a single hit in it. So, maybe it was just me, but I was practically cheering when Pikachu beat that flying buzzard.

I also thought Pururiru was pretty badass.

Blog Entries

Dag, Ash got steamrollered. Either this rival is a prodigy or he has an angle that has not been addressed yet. Well, I have a flimsy excuse at the very least. We already know he likes to take pictures during battle. Perhaps he is just incredibly observant, something we know Ash has not perfected yet. However, it doesn't help that his pokes have hax abilities. This makes me concerned because a lot of fifth gens have hax abilities, or are just incredibly strong. Perhaps this region truly is a different game than the others.

On to the highlights, then. We have a third Nurse Jenny for the mix, TR proceeds to kick more butt, Iris is a hypocrite (we already knew that), and snakey has a hilarious battle with it's evo. On one hand, we find out that the rival's snakey is male, which makes things interesting, but on the other hand, snakey just beat it's evo. In the anime, that is a GUARANTEED not evo. I was afraid this would happen. It matters little since the rival can have the evos even if Ash doesn't. It would also be odd for them to choose the Grass starter for this, since it's always been the one that does evo since Bayleef. This makes the playing field more favorable for otter and piggy, but I'm disappointed that Ash's snakey now has this stigma on it. It has Attract, so I hope it becomes suitably kickbutt to make up for it.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Pikachu really needs to swap out Volt Tackle, i'm sorry but that move is costing it so much more as time goes on.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Shooti is probably the only new character in Best Wishes who is lackluster compared to who came directly before him.

Blog Entries

Ash getting stomped by Shooti was fairly predictable. I don't like how both Mijumaru, Pokabu, and Mamepato all got slaughterd. Tsutarja was cool, and Pikachu was well Pikachu.

I wonder if they are building up a rivaly with Pikachu, and Janovy? Pikachu has now lost to it twice. I hope it get's a chance to redeem itself.

Shooti is fairly boring right now.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    Shooti is fairly boring right now.
    It doesn't help matters that he literally looks like Paul's design with a color swap and different eyes. What were they thinking with just lighter colored hair and similar clothes?

At least if he LOOKED different, he'd be slightly more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    the new guy (I think the credits said Flint)
    Flint, yeah. He also introduced himself as such.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon_master2 View Post
    So by that we can say that he has at least 2 badges, that's why he wasn't surprised seeing Ash's badge.
    That, and the fact that he directly stated he had two badges.

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    Are they in Shippou City or some anime-only town?
    Anime-only. "Current Town", I believe.
    So.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast