BW 008 "Darumakka and Hihidaruma! The Secret of the Clock Tower!!" Review Thread - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: BW 008 "Darumakka and Hihidaruma! The Secret of the Clock Tower!!" Review Thread

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 008 "Darumakka and Hihidaruma! The Secret of the Clock Tower!!" Review Thread

This episode was all right. I think I liked Ash's obssession for food the best in this ep.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 008 "Darumakka and Hihidaruma! The Secret of the Clock Tower!!" Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kairyu View Post
    Can't they come up with something more creative than food stealing and heat-it-up-then-cool-it-down plots? Both these we've seen countless of times. The mere sight of it forced me to fast-forward.
    If we ever get a season where Ash doesn't use the fire/water/grass starters to break a chain or piece of metal, it isn't Pokemon.

You're right, that same thing has happened in literally every season.

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

To me, it's interesting that they demonstrated Daruma Mode Hihidaruma so early in the series, when in the games they were shown to the player later in the game. I think that's a very nice thing, considering that the anime is allowed to have acceptable differences from the game.

Thanks for reading.

This was a pretty good episode considering it is a filler episode, I actually now think that Ash should of caught a Darumakka instead of Pokabu

Anyway, how about the preview for next week episode?? It seems that Iris own a doryuzu for a time before Ash meets iris, and based on what i saw from the comic it seems this Doryuzu rather disobedient to iris.. and please.. Iris just treated Kibago like a pet, maybe that's just her secret, so she couldnt revealed her position as a gym leader??

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

This is the Review Thread for BW 008, not BW 009. If you want to talk about the next episode, use the speculation thread instead.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

amazing Meron's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Meron On Twitter

Just watched this episode. I was very impressed by the animation, music and other audio-related things.

Every Best Wishes episode has been enjoyable, and this ep was no exception... Even though I didn't get the thing about the bell at all, eh heh.

y team

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

It was going to fall

Blog Entries

Even though I may not be a huge fan of BW Team Rocket, I admit I was really impressed by them in this episode. Stuff like the undercover waiter, exchanging suitcases in the middle of a foggy street...seems like something out of a spy movie.

PDL

Quote Originally Posted by Ground Control View Post
    Didn't they eat hamburger in the Pokemon Center? Or is that something else?
    I think they were croquettes.

Now that I think about it, seeing Ash and Iris pigging out on them was kinda cute to watch.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Team Rocket Agent KatsumiChris1991's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J-J-M View Post
    Even though I may not be a huge fan of BW Team Rocket, I admit I was really impressed by them in this episode. Stuff like the undercover waiter, exchanging suitcases in the middle of a foggy street...seems like something out of a spy movie.
    Looks like THEY are preparing for an all-out war with Team Plasma (IF we get to see them)... And why didn't we see this in Sinnoh with Team Rocket.

Blog Entries

I really liked this episode! If this is what the filler episodes are like, then this is going to be a really great series!

The best screenshots of this episode:

Blog Entries

I have to say, this was a pretty impressive filler. When I saw the screencaps on filb I was meh about it, but now that I've actually watched the episode I am happily impressed. Iris and Ash have an enjoyable chemistry about them and Dent is interesting in himself. I'm glad they three are forming into a good group. I have to give props to Hihidaruma and Darumakka, from just seeing them in the games, they weren't close to being favorites, but the anime has redeemed both in my eyes. I loved everyone's shocked expression when Hihidaruma went into active mode and caught the bell mid-air. Only problem I had with Hihidaruma is that it opened its mouth at the end, which looked wierd to me.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching this episode and I am looking forward to seeing the rest of this season.

Side note: Did anyone else notice the big grin on Dent's face when he had Ash on his shoulders? *wink wink*

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I finally saw this episode, and I'll go right ahead and say I think it's the best BW Episode yet...well, haven't seen 9, so that's not included.

First off, the animation was great, or at least up to standard. All the episodes prior to this looked really bad to me, with choppy animation, off-models, and overall very shitty. I still think it was because they spent all their budget on the OP! But this episode was nice looking, especially the various shading they used for the night scenes, and the lighting they used during the end where the building was on fire. The CG effects, such as the water at the beginning and Darumakka's flamethrowers, also looked rather good.

Second, even if the plot was a bit odd, and there were a few questions that naturally rose up, I thought it was pretty interesting for a filler, and I loved how they incorporated the entire team, bar Kibago, when it came to solving the problem. Quite a few episodes in the past have ignored the group's Pokemon even if they would logically help them achieve the goal they're working towards, but it seemed like Ash and co. were really on their feet this time.

Finally, the music rocked. The BGM that played during the scene with Hihidaruma, for instance, was the perfect mix of suspense and action.

So, overall, best BW episode for me yet...although, I'd say it ain't close to best episode of the show. BW still really hasn't had that episode that "caught me", if you understand my drift, like DP 6 (the Paul vs. Ash episode in the forest...I love that episode, and it's one of my favorite in the show), so I hope future episodes take all the good stuff from episodes like this and add to it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234