BW 008 "Darumakka and Hihidaruma! The Secret of the Clock Tower!!" Review Thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BW 008 "Darumakka and Hihidaruma! The Secret of the Clock Tower!!" Review Thread

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 008 "Darumakka and Hihidaruma! The Secret of the Clock Tower!!" Review Thread

Ok I watched the episode and I loved it

Hihidaruma is smaller than the previews made it look...

Badass Team Rocket is badass, as usual....

Default Re: BW 008 "Darumakka and Hihidaruma! The Secret of the Clock Tower!!" Review Thread

Can't they come up with something more creative than food stealing and heat-it-up-then-cool-it-down plots? Both these we've seen countless of times. The mere sight of it forced me to fast-forward.

The TR scenes were nice, but what good does it make when their total screentime was around 2 minutes...?

As a whole, this episode was rather flat and unexciting.

Start of this ep is really similar to last episode...
    I like how Satoshi is doing nothing for lunch... -_-
    We need more Team Rocket scenes. Especially their interactions with each other...
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Hey why do any thing for lunch when you have your own waiter who also cooksXD
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

Sentinal of Anistar Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

It was an okay episode, certainly not what I expected. I now want to name my hihidaruma Quasimodo.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

I don't think anyone mentioned this, but it's not the first time Team Rocket members got stuff in food/drink from restaurants - remember Cassidy and Butch in Chronicles?
    Also, that woman they met might be a hint that there are actually at least a few TR members in Isshu...

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by pharaohyami5000
    What puzzled me was Mijumaru's KO as it's hard to see that 2 Flamethrowers can do that much damage to him.
    I think we're meant to assume that it was knocked out due to it being ganged up on. *shrugs* Best Wishes! seems to be playing fast and loose with type advantages.

Quote Originally Posted by Gible
    Seriously... is this gonna be a weekly wangsting thing
    It was a single line in one post. You're the one who took that one line and turned it into paragraphs upon paragraphs of whining. Not me.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on October 21st, 2014

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    It was a single line in one post.
    This week... We're at episode 8 and you've had negative comments about Team Rocket, paragraphs upon paragraphs for 8 weeks... get with the program, they've changed. There's no need to rehash the same comment every week. We get it, you don't like it. Move on or sit and watch where this is going.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

I wrote one sentence in this thread.

I wrote one sentence in the thread for BW 007.

I didn't bring them up at all in the thread for BW 006.

I didn't complain about them at all in the BW 005 thread, either. The only Rocket-Dan related post I made there was translating what Sakaki was telling Musashi and Kojirou.

When it comes to Episode Review threads, I haven't written "paragraph upon paragraph" for about a month now. I've been keeping all my rants to this thread, where it's completely on-topic. And even that hasn't been posted in in over a week.

You're blowing things way out of proportion.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on October 21st, 2014

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Can we not argue please?

Non-perverted Lopunny fan Ground Control's Avatar

As Darumakka and Hihidaruma are two of my favourite Pokemon, I enjoyed this episode. It wasn't spectacular, but Darumakka helped make it memorable. What I really like is how in this episode, ever Pokemon played a part. That actually made me smile, seeing Tsutarja, Pokabu and Mamepato help out as well as the usual Mijumaru. I loved how they incorporated Hihidaruma's Daruma Mode into the actual plot, rather than shoving it in with no rhyme or reason. I also enjoyed seeing Team Rocket set up their next plan, rather than interfering with Ash. I think it makes them much more respectable and serious. I do hope James gets a Pokemon in the next few episodes, though with them not always sending out their Pokemon, I don't think it matters much.

Pokémon Black

This episode confirms it, Darumakka and Hihidaruma are now one of my favourite Gen V Pokémon.

I thought this episode was pretty cool, but did they mention how long that Hihidaruma sat in Daruma Mode for? It seems like it was holding up the bell for a really long time...

Team Rocket isn't the same bunch of clowns that they were in the earlier sagas of the anime, but these little appearences were really cool though.

EDIT: That fried rice dish that Dent made looks delicious...
    Last edited by PDL; 4th November 2010 at 08:33 PM.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    You're blowing things way out of proportion.
    Maybe but after your initial and extensive reaction to the new TR when BW started, it's like we get it, you don't like the new direction. Now what? Are all your reviews from now on gonna contain a little jab at their new attitude?

You've complained a few times about the attitude of this fandom for either loving or hating a character after only a few episodes and now you're doing the exact same thing.

Go ahead, continue to be negative about them and complain everytime they are not doing, in every episode, the exact same stuff that's already been done to death. I'll give them a chance and enjoy this show.

Quote Originally Posted by PDL View Post
    That fried rice dish that Dent made looks delicious...
    It really did... That's another thing that made this episode stand out was the attention to details. The architecture, the detailed food, etc.

Yum, fried rice with eggplant. What does it say about me that I immediately zoomed into that part of pokemon?

...speaking of which, I have to wonder, are people in the world of pokemon mainly vegetarians? Not talking about the games or the special, but I look at dishes like these and it looks they never eat fish or meat.

Non-perverted Lopunny fan Ground Control's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Muku.Bird View Post
    Yum, fried rice with eggplant. What does it say about me that I immediately zoomed into that part of pokemon?

...speaking of which, I have to wonder, are people in the world of pokemon mainly vegetarians? Not talking about the games or the special, but I look at dishes like these and it looks they never eat fish or meat.
    Didn't they eat hamburger in the Pokemon Center? Or is that something else?

Pokémon Black

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast