BW 008 "Darumakka and Hihidaruma! The Secret of the Clock Tower!!" Review Thread - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BW 008 "Darumakka and Hihidaruma! The Secret of the Clock Tower!!" Review Thread

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 008 "Darumakka and Hihidaruma! The Secret of the Clock Tower!!" Review Thread

The episodes have been looking pretty scrappy lately, perhaps because they spent their budget on the CG Opening or something but, from the pictures, the drawing and, going by the preview, animation looks pretty good. Probably the best looking BW Episode by far.

Also, I agree with Dman, nice to see how they incorporated each of Ash's Pokemon into this episode in different ways.

Default Re: BW 008 "Darumakka and Hihidaruma! The Secret of the Clock Tower!!" Review Thread

Because I am at school, and they've blocked certain sites, I could only see the screenshots, but I have to say, it sounds and looks promising, based on the Rockets alone. IMO, the Rockets, as well as the graphics are the best thing about Best Wishes. I agree with Musashi, according to the pics, it looks like no ordinary filler. Team Rocket is doing their thing this saga, and I'm not mad at them, because it definitely makes for good televison.

Ash using all of his pokemon was a big step up, too. Miju got a tad bit more, but I guess that's ok. Its funny.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I thought this ep was alright, if only for the backdrops and I like those Pokemon.

Dento helping out was nice, would Brock have done the same? I see they're now keeping TR away from Ash and co. so they don't have to fail in every ep.

Blog Entries

I really liked this episode. Twerps get funny scenes, everyone of Ash's pokemon and Yanappu contribute to the resolution of the problem (I get the feeling that there's a pokemon the writers are forgetting... Oh yeah... Kibago...) and can I just take a moment to say... Beautiful scenery!!!! It had a European, almost Tuscan feel to it as they were in Florence or Siena.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Bla bla, boring Rocket-Dan, bla bla, character assassination developpement, bla bla bla.
    Fixed. Seriously... is this gonna be a weekly wangsting thing or are you gonna give them a chance to see where the writers are taking them?

Nope. She told them to head to Shippou City for their next assignment. The briefcase she left behind contains some item that'll be used for their mission.
    That's what I love about Team Rocket. Before there was just no plan regarding them, no purpose other than be blasted off. They took the focus and the plot they gave Jessie in DP and applied it to Team Rocket as a whole and especially the TRio. They are now intriguing, unppredictable and finally interesting.

I am not missing the days of "capture Pikachu and get blown off to lalaland" every episode without any grand plan, without any originality. DP broke that trend a bit with Jessie's contests, BW takes it to other levels.

Also first episode without Giovanni if I'm not mistaking.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gible View Post

Also first episode without Giovanni if I'm not mistaking.
    Giovanni wasn't in the third ep, I don't think. Doesn't matter though, we don't need to see them call him every ep. Hopefully Giovanni appears in person in Isshu later on.

I am loving the trios interactions, its just been so much fun. While Team Rockets plot was ok, I'm still curious what there planning at least. Animation again wonderful, I mean I loved it.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post

This, for instance. Does anyone have a clue what this symbol is? Is it just the letter E which somehow means something?

definitely the bridge they met on. see the little diamondy designs on top of the posts? "E" makes no sense, and neither does "王" (king, on the back of palmer's jacket, fun trivia!) and i don't think it looks enough like those anyway.

anyway. bridge!

Hmm. So it seems there are already members of Team Rocket already In Isshu. Small appearances again though as they're now as mysterious as Iris. Since Giovanni discovered another Team in Isshu from last week's episode, they're taking preparations.

This episode was pretty enjoyable. Loved how even Tsutarja cooperated in the team. What puzzled me was Mijumaru's KO as it's hard to see that 2 Flamethrowers can do that much damage to him.
    People cannot protect their precious ones only with kindness. I am prepared to protect my important friends. Even if I will be called the devil! There's no way you can win, when you don't have bond with friends.

Blog Entries

Wow, this is probably my favorite Isshu episode to date. Lots of things I loved in the episode.

The Rocket Gang's scene at the cafe was amazing. Man, at first I was skeptical about these three being more serious but I'm loving them! That and the whole plot with Hihidaruma holding up the bell using its powers was really good. The episode was a bit eerie and I got goosebumps when the trio were all running up the tower to find out what was going on; that and the backgrounds was amazing, like Dogasu said. The Rocket meet-up with another one of the gang members was awesome.

Satoshi and Iris yelling at Dento was pretty awesome too. XD
    New Member's Guide to BMGf
    icon by twilightblade

One and Only Slipstream! Slipstream's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pharaohyami5000 View Post
    Hmm. So it seems there are already members of Team Rocket already In Isshu. Small appearances again though as they're now as mysterious as Iris. Since Giovanni discovered another Team in Isshu from last week's episode, they're taking preparations.

This episode was pretty enjoyable. Loved how even Tsutarja cooperated in the team. What puzzled me was Mijumaru's KO as it's hard to see that 2 Flamethrowers can do that much damage to him.
    Then again, Mijumaru defeated Yanappu, who is obviously quite strong due to the fact that it knows solarbeam. ((Ironically, Yanappu is supposed to know vine whip as well, yet that hasn't been seen.)) It's also, as of episode 8, shown to be quite good with bullet seed, as it takes quite a bit of skill to mold hot metal into anything.

And let's not forget, Mijumaru was double teamed by two obviously decently strong fire types who used a combined flamethrower. I'll give him a pass this time, but I see where you're going with this. Not as though you could use your shell to block fire. Then again, didn't think you could block solarbeam either but there you go.

And props to Team Rocket for entering the world of Cloak and Dagger.
    Last edited by Slipstream; 4th November 2010 at 12:19 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gible View Post
    Fixed. Seriously... is this gonna be a weekly wangsting thing or are you gonna give them a chance to see where the writers are taking them?
    I at least agree with Dogasu on this one. I'm watching them...and they act nothing like the same people in DP. I don't think he would be as upset if this was actually built up, like the last few episodes of DP showed them being upset about not being taken seriously then Giovanni gave them an assignment and they said that this is how they'll be taken seriously.

But instead, we get jokey joke Team Rocket all the way to the end, and all of a sudden Jessie and James are super serious guys now (of course the dub will rewrite them to make them assholes to each other like always, but that's not for 5 months). All I think he wanted was some build up and some funny moments, we got neither. So I can see why it would be just a tiny bit jarring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    A lot of people point out that Pikachu beat Regice and is therefore super powerful, but I tend to ignore that because it was such a bullshit victory. That wasn't a showcase of how powerful Pikachu had become; it was simply terrible, terrible writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipstream View Post
    Then again, Mijumaru defeated Yanappu, who is obviously quite strong due to the fact that it knows solarbeam. ((Ironically, Yanappu is supposed to know vine whip as well, yet that hasn't been seen.)) It's also, as of episode 8, shown to be quite good with bullet seed, as it takes quite a bit of skill to mold hot metal into anything.

And let's not forget, Mijumaru was double teamed by two obviously decently strong fire types who used a combined flamethrower. I'll give him a pass this time, but I see where you're going with this. Not as though you could use your shell to block fire. Then again, didn't think you could block solarbeam either but there you go.

And props to Team Rocket for entering the world of Cloak and Dagger.
    True, but the major concern was that Mijumaru seem to have evaded a bit and 2 clean hits still occurred. It would be satisfactory if they showed the Flamethrowers actually damaged him, but it looked rushed.

I wonder if both Iris and Dent can ease Ash's patience level, especially in the matter of hunger.
    People cannot protect their precious ones only with kindness. I am prepared to protect my important friends. Even if I will be called the devil! There's no way you can win, when you don't have bond with friends.

Seeing the interactions with other Team Rocket members makes me wonder how much Team Rocket spans in Isshu. And even if Mijumaru got hit by two Flamethrowers he is a Water type that shouldn't be that effective as to KO him like that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Duckgon Z View Post
    I'm watching them...and they act nothing like the same people in DP.
    I'm not missing them arguing about crackers, it's been done to death. I don't miss them capturing Pikachu and then getting blown off, it's been done to death. I don't miss them failing at everything, it's been done to death. If someone's missing that then there's 600+ episodes to rewatch where they do just that. In my opinion the things that used to make them funny were so overdone that the characters themselves had become very static and sort of shadows of themselves. Outside of Jessie's contest arc, the Rocket-centric episodes and a few other episodes, in DP they didn't really rock my world to be honest.

Now it's all new, they're intriguing, when I see them appear on screen, I'm actually happy to see them. What's gonna happen? I don't know and I like that. A lot of what made Team Rocket funny was their interactions with the twerps and if you haven't noticed, they only interact in episodes 1, 2 and 6. Right now, Team Rocket feels like they have a storyline all to themselves, a path that is theirs and I'm interested to see where this is going. I want them to be badasses.

For crying out loud, we're not even 10 episodes in BW and there's already so much bitching... Can we have a living in the past moratorium? Misty's gone, deal with it. Brock's gone, deal with it. The Rockets are now badass serious spies, deal with it. Accept the show is changing, accept that the characters are evolving and if you don't feel you can do that, then don't watch the show or rewatch the old episodes. Simple as that.

Complaining about Team Rocket now is futile when A- They've had more focus plotwise then they ever had before this early in a region and B- We haven't even had an episode that focuses on them yet that really hinges on their interactions with each other and with their pokémon.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Duckgon Z View Post
    I at least agree with Dogasu on this one. I'm watching them...and they act nothing like the same people in DP. I don't think he would be as upset if this was actually built up, like the last few episodes of DP showed them being upset about not being taken seriously then Giovanni gave them an assignment and they said that this is how they'll be taken seriously.
    They've been foreshadowing this since the end of the GF, and DP191 is exactly what you just described.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast