BW 008 "Darumakka and Hihidaruma! The Secret of the Clock Tower!!" Review Thread

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BW 008 "Darumakka and Hihidaruma! The Secret of the Clock Tower!!" Review Thread

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default BW 008 "Darumakka and Hihidaruma! The Secret of the Clock Tower!!" Review Thread

BW 008 Darumakka and Hihidaruma! The Secret of the Clock Tower!!
    On the way to their next destination, Satoshi and his friends stop at the side of a river to have a lunch break. Suddenly, both Pikachu's and Kibago's Pokemon Food vanishes! As everyone looks around, trying to figure out who took the food, a couple of the "Dharma Doll Pokemon" Darumakka appears! The pokemon use Flamethrower to shake their pursuers off and run away. Satoshi and the others decide to heal their pokemon's wounds before pursuing the fire-types, so they hurry over to the Pokemon Center. When they arrive, however, they learn that the Center's food has also been stolen by a duo of Darumakka. What is the goal of these pokemon?
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 20th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Default Re: BW 008 "Darumakka and Hihidaruma! The Secret of the Clock Tower!!" Review Thread

that episode was really strange but at least it was amusing while be confusing. i love how they just threw that hook in the air and heated, shaped, and cooled it all while it was just hovering there for however long.

hihidaruma's voice was awesome :D

Default Re: BW 008 "Darumakka and Hihidaruma! The Secret of the Clock Tower!!" Review Thread

lol the heat-and-cool thing, they did it a few times in the show by now... but I like it, it's always nice to see them using their Pokémon's attacks for something other than battles
    We also got to see Hihidaruma's other form

BTW Dogasu, you might want to make a new copy-paste post for locking the existing episode thread - you copy-paste the one from the BW 1-2 thread so you always lock the thread saying a new thread will be created after "both episodes" air...

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

We've arrived to our first definite filler in this storyline.

Things got off to a shaky start when the one of the Darumakka pretends to be asleep and distracts Ash and co. so the other one can steal the pokemon food. When Kibago sees the food missing, it grabs Pikachu's face and assuming that it caught it. The trainers turn around and ask Pikachu if he really ate the food, causing Pikachu to point at the real perpetrator. Nostalgic, anyone?

The Darumakka were stealing to feed Hihidaruma, who cannot move in Daruma Mode and must keep the bell on the top of the clock tower from dropping. Hihidaruma cannot place the bell back itself, for the hook used to clinch it in is in a irregular shape.

TRio's endeavors in this episode were, surprisingly, more entertaining for me. I would have never thought that they have so many contacts in Isshu. Giovanni is really serious about this project.

It is the first filler of Pokémon Best Wishes but it is a good filler. I didn't understand all of the episode but I really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    TRio's endeavors in this episode were, surprisingly, more entertaining for me. I would have never thought that they have so many contacts in Isshu. Giovanni is really serious about this project.

i can genuinely say as of this episode, i've not cared about what TR is doing this much in years =\ and it's not even that i care, it's more that, i'm actually curious. which is a lot better than "annoyed by repetitive antics" XD
    Last edited by sunyshore; 4th November 2010 at 05:45 AM.

Blog Entries

If it wasn't for Team Rocket this episode might've been really uninteresting. I'm not going to pretend that I know the symbolism behind the bell in the clock tower, so I'll just leave it at that.

HOWEVER this is how the writers should writer future episodes. Did you see how every single one of Ash's Pokemon got decent screen time in this episode. And Mijumaru got a little more focus. WRITERS, that is HOW you MAKE a balanced episode in regards with screen time. Dear goodness what took you so long?

Of course it isn't going to last and sadly Pikachu will still be used on a constant basis, but if the writers write episodes like this, in terms of screen time for Ash's Pokemon, I don't think anyone will complain if it happens frequently and everyone gets decent screen time, with maybe one of the other Pokemon getting a slight boost in screen time (like Mijumaru in this episode).

Yeah, I really liked the TRio scenes too! I just hope we'll learn more about wtf they're doing in the near future...
    It's weird we didn't even see them in their TR outfits (I think... correct me if I'm wrong) but I sure love this change with them

The 2nd pokemon master pokemon_master2's Avatar

What did the woman that talked with J/J/M say? Something about their new/old pokemon, maybe?

I knew this one was going to be a filler, but unfortunately, it wasn't a very good one.

It's a shame too since I like the Darumakka and Hihidaruma line, I thought there was at least going to be a battle.

The previews made it look a lot better than it actually was.

Blog Entries

The Rocket scenes make this episode not a filler. There was way too much stuff going on with them.

This, for instance. Does anyone have a clue what this symbol is? Is it just the letter E which somehow means something?

The twerp stuff was alright. Like dman said it was great that the Pokemon had more balanced screen time. I also really loved the way Satoshi, Iris and Dento interacted. This group is just so much fun to watch.

I love Hihidaruma, so I'm hoping it gets another episode down the line to shine. This one was really more focused on Darumakka.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Some background information on what Hihidaruma is based on.

Anyway, I really, really liked the backgrounds in this episode. The town they were in felt like the setting of a movie, an impressive feat for a show with a budget like this.

Bla bla, boring Rocket-Dan, bla bla, character assassination, bla bla bla.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon_master2
    What did the woman that talked with J/J/M say? Something about their new/old pokemon, maybe?
    Nope. She told them to head to Shippou City for their next assignment. The briefcase she left behind contains some item that'll be used for their mission.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 20th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Agree with you Musashi, team rocket make this episode not a filler, besides if this episode is a filler, they will make team rocket not to make an appearance since they already became serious, filler episodes in Pokemon anime usually... just a story or trivia or some new debuted pokemon with TR trying to steal them, and then getting blasted off....

Surgeon of Death 捷克羅姆's Avatar Bulbanews WriterBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow 捷克羅姆 On Twitter
    Follow 捷克羅姆 on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    The Rocket scenes make this episode not a filler. There was way too much stuff going on with them.

This, for instance. Does anyone have a clue what this symbol is? Is it just the letter E which somehow means something?
    E? And I thought it was 王 (king). Then again, it could be a gate or a bridge.

Edit:It could be referring to the meeting at the bridge.
    Last edited by 捷克羅姆; 4th November 2010 at 07:33 AM.

The symbol of Geechisu??

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast