BW 007 Tsutarja - Attracted by Capture!? Review Thread - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 155

Thread: BW 007 Tsutarja - Attracted by Capture!? Review Thread

  1. #61
    MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Olivine Lighthouse
    Posts
    5,249
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: BW 007 Tsutarja - Attracted by Capture!? Review Thread

    To me, Tsutarja carries both traits of Ash's Treecko and the Tyrogue from Johto. For obvious reasons, the Tsutarja does not trust humans and was surprised to see humans put themselves in risk for pokemon. At the end of the episode, she doesn't even warm up to Ash. We can assume that for now Tsutarja will keep this demeanor.

    Also was this attack really Grass Oath? If so, damn I hope that the other two starters learn their oath attacks so we can finally get to combination attacks.

  2. #62
    BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,288
    Blog Entries
    19

    Default Re: BW 007 Tsutarja - Attracted by Capture!? Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Slipstream View Post
    Well, let's be fair to Ash, it isn't like he goes looking underneath his pokemon to check their gender. I mean, I wouldn't.

    Anyways, Tsutaja looks strong, very strong. Ash spent more time trying to catch this pokemon, than any pokemon prior. I guess he was due one long capture, since post Mamepato, he hadn't battled for Miju or Pokabu. In fact, Miju was a gimme, same with Pokabu.
    The Pokedex can't tell the gender?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    To me, Tsutarja carries both traits of Ash's Treecko and the Tyrogue from Johto. For obvious reasons, the Tsutarja does not trust humans and was surprised to see humans put themselves in risk for pokemon. At the end of the episode, she doesn't even warm up to Ash. We can assume that for now Tsutarja will keep this demeanor.

    Also was this attack really Grass Oath? If so, damn I hope that the other two starters learn their oath attacks so we can finally get to combination attacks.
    Actually she kind of did at the end of the episode

    if you look right before Ash throws the Pokeball that captured her, she smiles

  3. #63
    Whipping Up a Wind Scar! CrazyYanmega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Earth, I think
    Posts
    664
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: BW 007 Tsutarja - Attracted by Capture!? Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Slipstream View Post
    Well, let's be fair to Ash, it isn't like he goes looking underneath his pokemon to check their gender. I mean, I wouldn't.
    Okay, Thanks. You just got a creepy image in my mind of Ash as a veterinarian.
    MorpheusShipper for all of time!!!

    Tsunderes make me smile.

    Quote Originally Posted by Absolclaw View Post
    Depends if you want the cyber worm, the anti-centipede or the decaying chicken.

  4. #64

    Default Re: BW 007 Tsutarja - Attracted by Capture!? Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    To me, Tsutarja carries both traits of Ash's Treecko and the Tyrogue from Johto. For obvious reasons, the Tsutarja does not trust humans and was surprised to see humans put themselves in risk for pokemon. At the end of the episode, she doesn't even warm up to Ash. We can assume that for now Tsutarja will keep this demeanor.

    Also was this attack really Grass Oath? If so, damn I hope that the other two starters learn their oath attacks so we can finally get to combination attacks.
    I disagree. I think she warmed up to him a little, with that little smirk. However, She's easily a loner, like Ash's Treecko like you said. Actually, I disagree, she's more like Bulbasaur than Treecko.

  5. #65
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Kairyu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    herpderp
    Posts
    1,155

    Default Re: BW 007 Tsutarja - Attracted by Capture!? Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    I have to say, when Dento started cooking I started to laugh. What better way to replace Brock than with another cook! :D
    Dent aka Brock 2.0. Awaiting the 5v5 Shooti battle so we can hear Dent comment on type advantages, moves, special abilities, and say "It's evolving!".

    Mamepato is female which sucks since its final form becomes dull. Not very fond of its moveset either. To hell with all those ranged attacks, they're not funny! Birds are supposed to crash into things with Aerial Ace, Brave Bird and Sky Attack with severe brain damage as a result.

    The animation was downright awful.

    The music was incredibly one-sided as usual. Are we gonna be stuck with this music for years now? I don't know if I can endure that.

    The final shot... the term "a generic team" comes to mind.

    Oh BW... Up to this point, I am not impressed.

  6. #66

    Default Re: BW 007 Tsutarja - Attracted by Capture!? Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kairyu View Post
    Dent aka Brock 2.0. Awaiting the 5v5 Shooti battle so we can hear Dent comment on type advantages, moves, special abilities, and say "It's evolving!".

    Mamepato is female which sucks since its final form becomes dull. Not very fond of its moveset either. To hell with all those ranged attacks, they're not funny! Birds are supposed to crash into things with Aerial Ace, Brave Bird and Sky Attack with severe brain damage as a result.

    The animation was downright awful.

    The music was incredibly one-sided as usual. Are we gonna be stuck with this music for years now? I don't know if I can endure that.

    The final shot... the term "a generic team" comes to mind.

    Oh BW... Up to this point, I am not impressed.

  7. #67
    MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Olivine Lighthouse
    Posts
    5,249
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: BW 007 Tsutarja - Attracted by Capture!? Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Slipstream View Post
    I disagree. I think she warmed up to him a little, with that little smirk. However, She's easily a loner, like Ash's Treecko like you said. Actually, I disagree, she's more like Bulbasaur than Treecko.
    Oh yeah. Bulbasaur also disliked humans at first, but not for the same reasons.

  8. #68

    Default Re: BW 007 Tsutarja - Attracted by Capture!? Review Thread

    i really hope Ash and Jessie somehow swap thier flying pokemon now--; kudos to the bird for kicking the plants behind in which is always a joy to watch but even so..

  9. #69
    MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Olivine Lighthouse
    Posts
    5,249
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: BW 007 Tsutarja - Attracted by Capture!? Review Thread

    Now that Mamepato finally got some screentime, people are wishing that Ash gets rid of it?

    If she reaches her final stage, I hope the writers don't goof up and make it a male Kenhorou (forgetting everything that transpired in this episode).

    Quote Originally Posted by Kairyu View Post
    Not very fond of its moveset either. To hell with all those ranged attacks, they're not funny! Birds are supposed to crash into things with Aerial Ace, Brave Bird and Sky Attack with severe brain damage as a result.
    Wouldn't people be complaining that Mamepato would be too similar to Starly or Taillow? Why give it attacks that Staraptor and Swellow know, especially this early in the series?

    At least the writers gave it a flying-type attack that none of the birds in the past used.

  10. #70

    Default Re: BW 007 Tsutarja - Attracted by Capture!? Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    If she reaches her final stage, I hope the writers don't goof up and make it a male Kenhorou (forgetting everything that transpired in this episode).
    How can they make it male when it was blantantly confirmed to be a female before our eyes? Their not gonna gender swap a pokemon dude.

  11. #71

    Default Re: BW 007 Tsutarja - Attracted by Capture!? Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    I wonder if it'll turn out that Mamepato is a girl as well? That would give it the best shot at battling Tsutarja while depriving it of that crazy mask the boys get...
    Called it!

  12. #72

    Default Re: BW 007 Tsutarja - Attracted by Capture!? Review Thread

    I find the pink mask on male Kenhorou to be hideous, so I'm glad Mame is a girl and will be spared the extreme fruitiness.

  13. #73
    SEX SEX SEX Jeshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Kojiro's pants
    Posts
    1,785
    Blog Entries
    6
    Follow Jeshi On Twitter
    Follow Jeshi on Tumblr

    Default Re: BW 007 Tsutarja - Attracted by Capture!? Review Thread

    Maybe the Rockets got a really poor ammount of screentime this week, but it's not like they showed up for nothing. Sakaki warned them that "secret organisation" started to move and that they should be careful. No specific info is given, as the HQ didn't gather enough informations about them yet. Kojiro says how they need to strenghten their "war potential" in that case, that is, to catch more Pokemon.

    Team Plasma will appear eventually and I guess that's when TR's plot would get more exciting.
    My sci-fi comic DREAMVERSE
    Updated weekly!

  14. #74

    Default Re: BW 007 Tsutarja - Attracted by Capture!? Review Thread

    First (i bet many have pointed this out ) but this was the 666th episode in the pokemon series.

    Anyways i loved the episode, 1 thing that was confusing was how did dento pull out a portable kitchen (Basically thats what i thought it of). It had a working "stove" and a dishwasher. I can understand how he could fit the stove in but that dishwasher is huge !(if that was a dishwasher that is)
    And how did he start the stove? he needed some kind of source to start it up may it be electricity or just gas he still needed some external source to start it.(and don't say they just used pokubu because he was adjusting the dial on the stove meaning he had to have had some source of gas or electricity to do that )

    What ever happen to using a good old skillet and starting up a fire ?

  15. #75
    Flower Arranging Time Don's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    The place I'm now in.
    Posts
    1,313
    Blog Entries
    9

    Follow Don on Tumblr

    Default Re: BW 007 Tsutarja - Attracted by Capture!? Review Thread

    It was great to see Mamepato do something worthwhile. Isn't sad that I kept on forgetting Satoshi had her on his team? And we'll be seeing her again next week. And Mamepato being female, didn't expect it, and I really like it. It's like the first time Satoshi has had two female Pokemon on his team though we don't know this as not all of his past Pokemon's genders were confirmed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kairyu View Post
    Dent aka Brock 2.0.
    Oh some people. You know it should have been obvious Dent can cook, he works in a restaurant after all. In fact, I wonder if his cooking is better than Brock's.

    At least Dent doesn't go crazy over girls and his personality is way different from Brock's. I mean Brock doesn't twirl about with sparkles behind him and cause girls to scream in delight (the last part is like his dream). If Dent also referees a battle, then he referees a battle. It's two similar to what Brock did, but it does not automatically make him a 2nd Brock. Only if Dent did the former and had a similar personality to Brock would make him so.

    And no, I am not saying this as a fan of Dent. In fact I'll say something like this about a character I don't really care about.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •