BW 007 Tsutarja - Attracted by Capture!? Review Thread - Page 3

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: BW 007 Tsutarja - Attracted by Capture!? Review Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 007 Tsutarja - Attracted by Capture!? Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    LOL Dento thought Ash knew Mame is female and sent it cause of that, but then Ash was like "oh, it's a female? didn't know that" XD
    Except I honestly can't see how it surprised them, after all Ash did use his other male Pokemon, so I can't see how Mamepato would've been different, especially when Iris/Dento were playing the "waiting for attract to hit" game just like Ash was.

It was funny but still those reactions were kind of insulting towards Ash, since it was plainly obvious Ash didn't really know what he was doing when battling Tsutarja (I mean think about it, Mamepato is super effective against Tsutarja and if Ash knew it was a female, why in the world would he not use Mamepato FIRST and FOREMOST, aside from plot saying to reveal all of Ash's Pokemon's Gender). Then again he did tell Pokabu to avoid attract, so its possible either he knew Pokabu's gender, or he assumed all of them were Male.

I would assume then, that Dento made the observation when Ash wanted to use Mamepato for battle instead of Pikachu. Thus Ash came to the realization that Mamepato was female (given its eagerness to battle Tsutarja). However I think that's a big stretch on Dento's hypothetical observation since they Iris and Dento were worried about attract hitting just like Ash was (and if they actually knew Ash they would've assumed he chose Mamepato over Pikachu due to typing rather than Gender, like any "normal" trainer would've done if the games didn't explicitly put genders on the health bar).

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dude...

Have an episode where Mijumaru and Pokabu battle for Tsutarja's love. Come on, that's an episode just waiting to happen.

Chuck Norris Impersonator Jabberjaw's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So now ash has captured the water starter, fire starter and grass starter in quick succession as well as the Normal/Flying regional bird... doesn't he feel ANY deja vu at all? In the back of his mind he's gotta be like... this has happened before...

Blog Entries

I wasn't expecting Mamepato to be female when he caught it. I like Male Kenhorou slightly better, but the female version is still nice.

Ash's Tsutarja shall now be the source of most of our Gender confirmations, no?

This should be an interesting region.
    Ultimately, I serve only one master... pure logic.
    Fanclub for an underloved Trash Pokemon...
    JP White FC: Joey 5457 5199 6851
    EN Black FC: Lipanda 3825 7876 0484

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Except I honestly can't see how it surprised them, after all Ash did use his other male Pokemon, so I can't see how Mamepato would've been different, especially when Iris/Dento were playing the "waiting for attract to hit" game just like Ash was.
    If you think this is weird, look at Pikachu's "break down" to Satoshi :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberjaw View Post
    ... doesn't he feel ANY deja vu at all? In the back of his mind he's gotta be like... this has happened before...
    He is traveling with a "tomboy who always criticise him" and a "former gym leader who knows cooking"...He doesn't.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

To be honest, I think Dent is the only main character so far who can tell what gender a Pokemon is. Hell, Jessie didn't even know her Yanmega was a girl before that evil Togepi used Attract on it, and she had assumed it was male before.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by watchermark View Post
    To be honest, I think Dent is the only main character so far who can tell what gender a Pokemon is. Hell, Jessie didn't even know her Yanmega was a girl before that evil Togepi used Attract on it, and she had assumed it was male before.
    Except Dento didn't know Mamepato's gender until attract hit, otherwise he would've suggested Ash use it in the first place.

Although that scene was really funny, since it took up until Dento realizing Mamepato was the same gender as Tsutarja for them to realize attract didn't work.

amazing Meron's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Meron On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Grave-E View Post
    Someone should cut Dent out of that eyecatch and paste him onto a photograph of a sunny field full of flowers and butterflies...

I... tried.
    Dogasu likes this.

y team

Blog Entries

Follow Yoshi-san on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Meron View Post

I... tried.
    WIN!

Anyway I wonder if Tsutarja will use Attract more often. Since Ash is dense about love, I wonder how this would work.

Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pff, and I ended up sleeping through and missed the episode completely.

Wasn't too concerned about genders and I thought Mijumaru could go either way, so yeah. Alright. Part of me feels glad Ash's Mamepato is a girl and therefore will never evolve into that awesomesauce that the male one does. For some reason that makes me feel better about the fact that I caught a friggin' shiny Mamepato VERY early on in White... and alas, it was female. That's almost as much of a kick in the nads as it was when I caught my first shiny - the pink Gastrodon. Which... is just a slightly bleached version of the real thing.

Based on what's being said, though, the Isshu-Kanto allusions still freak me out. As does serious Team Rocket, still. Though you'd think James would be more inclined to catch the Grass-type... dude still has a grand total of nothing here.

Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

doesn't ANYONE think female kenhorou is amazing?? i am excited to see her!

beyond that, other than this episode using gender as its key point, i have no idea what is the big deal about what pokemon is what gender. we already got pikachu's confirmed long ago during that crazy togepi episode, and that's basically the only pokemon who's gender would be interesting.

unless it's a plot point, i dunno why it's interesting.

i expected more discussion about how dento said the tsutaaja is possibly one that had been abandoned. ash has another pokemon that's been traumatized and abandoned... do you think they will show whoever abandoned it? shooti flashed in my mind for a second, but that's not at all likely. he was a snobby city boy but not abusive like shinji.

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

I found the episode a bit boring overall, but there were definitely moments that were amusing. I definitely love the fact that all of Satoshi's pokemon have a confirmed gender. I always liked Mamepato, but I like her a lot more now after this episode!

And the new eye-catch is lovely!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I'll probably go with gender ratio on games for a gender, based on other factors. Like neat gender differences that won't be utilized (obviously), or how it acts. However there are some like "Gliscor" I have no idea (I'd go with male, since it doesn't seem to have any female tendencies).
    Pretty much how I go about it is "every Pokémon always has the same gender as their trainer until proven otherwise". Ends up being right a good 90% of the time. xD

Take Ash. You could practically count how many confirmed females he has on one hand. Now for how many males or pretty much who act like them just with no actual confirmation...yeah.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunyshore View Post
    doesn't ANYONE think female kenhorou is amazing?? i am excited to see her!
    I do, I wish more people did :(
    Ultimately, I serve only one master... pure logic.
    Fanclub for an underloved Trash Pokemon...
    JP White FC: Joey 5457 5199 6851
    EN Black FC: Lipanda 3825 7876 0484

Around the time we find out that Ash's bird pokemon is a female, what does Ash say that makes the music stop, has Pikachu do a face fault and makes Iris do a priceless expression?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast