BW 007 Tsutarja - Attracted by Capture!? Review Thread - Page 2

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: BW 007 Tsutarja - Attracted by Capture!? Review Thread

Inside a blue box that is bigger on the inside
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 007 Tsutarja - Attracted by Capture!? Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by watchermark View Post
    So Tsutarja's attacks... she has Vine Whip and Attract, but what attack is it when she shoots the leaves into the air? I'm guessing it's Grass Oath, but it could easily be the new Leaf Storm to
    I think it is grass mixer,not completely sure.

Blog Entries

And its official Ash is never going to have a gimmicky feature Pokemon ever. So those who say Shikijika might be caught, female Kenhorou SAYS HI!!!!

But I'm sort of letting this one slide because it did redeem the heck out of Mamepato. Still I hope you people are okay with the ugly as sin Kenhorou.

As for Tsutarja, looks like it was Grass Oath after all since I don't remember hearing "Leaf Storm" or "Vine Whip" at all and that only could only mean Grass Oath (of course the audio kind of "crapped" out at that part for at least 2-3 seconds there's also the possibility the attack wasn't mentioned). Not to mention it didn't look like leaf storm at all. It's one thing to have a different color it's another to be completely redone in the anime, as in Leaf Storm was a spiral, this was a pretty much a beam canon of leaves (but still possible I suppose).

And everyone who doesn't have an ugly gender difference or is named Tsutarja is male. LOL I don't think anyone really should've expected Ash's other starters to be male, it's already hard to get female starters in the game, so Ash already has one hard to get Pokemon gender, he doesn't need two or possibly three.

And back to Tsutarja, something's seems off on her. I can't really understand what she's all about. I mean one would think she's seductive or something but in this episode, she seemed kind of dark in the "loneliness" side, and yet she's not sure what she wants, it really is sad when you think it like that. So it kind of seems like she's more of a loner than Ash's Sceptile was. I'm foreseeing a potential storyline where Tsutarja doesn't want to open up to anyone, but eventually does and becomes more like Buizel (the seemingly loner type who actually eats with the group), but yeah Tsutarja is pretty extreme in the lonely. Hopefully she'll cheer up later and not seem so dark.

And LOL at Team Rocket's appearance. They only showed up because the episode focused heavily on Tsutarja and Tsutarja saw them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombra29 View Post
    I think it is grass mixer,not completely sure.
    Except Shooti's Tsutarja's grass mixer was your typical "bright" green and mostly involve its tail. This was dark/forest green and was animated completely different.

It's either Grass Oath or Leaf Storm (epically redone).

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Boring Rocket trio, bla bla bla. They did allude to there being another group in the Isshu region that even the Rocket-Dan has no information about, so it looks like the Plasma-Dan foreshadowing has begun.
    They alluded to that in BW1, too, so we didn't get anything really new here.

Liked the episode, though. Quite predictable, but fun nontheless.
    So.

Blog Entries

And Junki Takegami gives us another dull episode. What a shock. And naturally he has Musashi try and catch Tsutarja. Kinda weird to see Musashi use Nyasu instead of Koromori, but it's better than Nyasu just being scenery like he always seems to be. I had to laugh at what happened after Tsutarja got away. They just stare at it and... that's it. I didn't really expect them to go after it, but it just seems like such a strange reaction. You'd think the Plasma-Dan had just escaped or something.

Over on the twerp side of things, I wasn't surprised by any of the genders revealed. I had a hunch Iris and Dent would be added to the eyecatch once they officially joined the party. Speaking of, they have a really great dynamic so far. Looking forward to see where this goes. Iris is especially awesome, but not as awesome as Megumi Tsutarja is. She's going to be a fun Pokemon to have on the cast.

Blog Entries

Follow Yoshi-san on Tumblr

I'm just wondering where the hell Dent's stuff came from? His bag is smaller than Brock's!

I like how Ash's Pokemon all have confirmed genders now.

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    It's basically what Gravy said:
    There is a difference between state your personal opinion and saying "its obviously male! IN YOUR FACE OTHERS!"

What the hell was female-ish about Miju? just because it liked Ash? just because it was cute and wanted a trainer to pick it up? I saw nothing girly about that
    "What the hell was female-ish" about Mamepato, Yanmega and Aipom?

For me, everyone is 99% male until proved they're female... it's just easier for some reason to see the "unknown" as male rather than female...
    Oh, sorry for thinking different then. Next time I'll be sure to remember that...
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Kinda weird to see Musashi use Nyasu instead of Koromori, but it's better than Nyasu just being scenery like he always seems to be.
    Another beneficial thing about Team Rocket's change, Meowth appears to be getting in on the action more. Before it was just rare to see Meowth use fury swipes (in comparison to the ones he doesn't), the last time I remember this happening (besides BW002) was the Meowth-Glameow episode and before that, possibly the James Contest episode?

Anyway I think that was great, although I agree, Jessie commanding Meowth is strange. You already have a Pokemon Jessie, use it, unlike poor James who doesn't have jack, but then again wasn't Jessie always the more "competitive" one? As in if there's a wild Pokemon, Jessie would be the one more likely to want it?

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    "What the hell was female-ish" about Mamepato, Yanmega and Aipom?
    I'll give you Mamepato (since I wanted it to be male) and Yanmega (has a demonic voice, should be curious though how more feminine its voice got after it was confirmed or I just never noticed the feminine tone to its voice until confirmation), but Aipom is a really horrible example. It was confirmed to be female the episode after its capture and this is the original too and that's not to mention all the hints. Like getting in a dress in that boat episode in DP.

I'll probably go with gender ratio on games for a gender, based on other factors. Like neat gender differences that won't be utilized (obviously), or how it acts. However there are some like "Gliscor" I have no idea (I'd go with male, since it doesn't seem to have any female tendencies).
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 28th October 2010 at 06:22 AM.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Take that all who said Miju was female

Blog Entries

Miju is a boy? Oh..I'd have liked a female Mijumaru. I still don't think Pikachu's male though

Nevertheless..Isshu is definitely interesting.

Don
    Blog Entries

Follow Don on Tumblr

I am so glad a Pokemon with Attract is on the main team. Now we won't have does pointless arguements/debates on what gender a Pokemon is.

I knew they'll add Iris and Dent to the eyecatch. I especially love the 2nd part-

Oh lol Dent. He is really enjoying himself. In the first eyecatch Satoshi and Iris were the ones jumping around while Dent was standing and looking fabulous.

I know, it's bad quality. Maybe someone else will post a better one.
    Last edited by Don; 28th October 2010 at 06:57 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi12370 View Post
    I'm just wondering where the hell Dent's stuff came from? His bag is smaller than Brock's!
    Ahahaha! *wipes away tear* Oh MAN. That's just...wow, and I thought nothing could beat Brock's TARDIS bag!

Now, Mijumaru being male doesn't surprise me - I thought it could easily go either way - but Mamepato being female? Cool! First time Ash has had two female Pokémon at the same time. Though I suppose it's lucky his newest bird is a girl.

Jessie trying to catch Tsutaaja was a nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup
    LOL Dento thought Ash knew Mame is female and sent it cause of that, but then Ash was like "oh, it's a female? didn't know that" XD
    Oh Dent, you have no idea how much you're overestimating Ash's intelligence. =P

That is one fine-lookin' eyecatch! *thumbs up*

Dangan Ronpa avatar and sig pic by me. Bases from here.
    3DS Friend Code: 1177-7801-6992. Friend Safari is Psychic with Abra, Espurr and Xatu. If you add me, let me know!
    Me on LiveJournal

Blog Entries

Follow Yoshi-san on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Somari View Post
    Miju is a boy? Oh..I'd have liked a female Mijumaru. I still don't think Pikachu's male though

Nevertheless..Isshu is definitely interesting.
    I'm pretty sure Pikachu gender been confirmed twice as male.

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    ...but Aipom is a really horrible example. It was confirmed to be female the episode after its capture and this is the original too and that's not to mention all the hints. Like getting in a dress in that boat episode in DP.
    You missed the point. Piplup said Mijumaru is obviously male because he's not girly enough. Personality wise, I can't see how Piplup, Mijumaru, Gliscor or Aipom is more "girly" or "manly" than others.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

Someone should cut Dent out of that eyecatch and paste him onto a photograph of a sunny field full of flowers and butterflies...

Blog Entries

Here's some better quality shots of the eyecatch.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast