BW 007 Tsutarja - Attracted by Capture!? Review Thread - Page 11

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: BW 007 Tsutarja - Attracted by Capture!? Review Thread

Default Re: BW 007 Tsutarja - Attracted by Capture!? Review Thread

It was great when Misty did it because it was when Ash/Satoshi first started his journey, but now he has competed in 4 leagues and a frontier, so it's not as good or funny with Iris IMO. But then again Ash is alot like he was in the original series, which is actually nice, but i do miss some of his more serious attitude from Hoenn and DP. Most likely he or Iris will change over time.
    Visit my DeviantART Page!

Blog Entries

Iris doesn't really know anything about Ash. She knows nothing about his Leagues, BF, or any of his powerhouses. Plus his behavoir is a bit questionalbe at times due to how easily he gets excited. Ash has a tendancy to battle with type disadvantaged Pokemon as well. I doubt Ash will change at all.

If I was Iris i would make fun of Ash aswell, the noob mistakes he still makes are unbelievable.
    4 Times.
    92, 06, 09, 11.
    Wembly, Paris, Rome, Wembly.
    Sampdoria, Arsenal, Manchester United, Manchester United.
    Johan Cruyff, Frank Rijkaard, Josep Guardiola.

We Conquered Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    Iris doesn't really know anything about Ash. She knows nothing about his Leagues, BF, or any of his powerhouses. Plus his behavoir is a bit questionalbe at times due to how easily he gets excited. Ash has a tendancy to battle with type disadvantaged Pokemon as well. I doubt Ash will change at all.
    This ^

An experienced trainer makes far fewer mistakes, but we have to keep in mind Ash's personality. As much as we want him to act like the hardcore trainer that takes into consideration every aspect of an attack, a pokemon's stats, types, and calculates the best course of action, he isn't. He's still the same Ash that values supporting his Pokemon over going directly for a win. If the show keeps on, he'll still be the same Ash in 5 years that does little preparation, but shows his strengths in his ability to adapt with creative strategies and connect with his Pokemon.

However, I can't stand Iris' comments about Ash either. Granted, she doesn't know much about what he's done. She doesn't know that he had a battle with a Darkrai and Latios 4 episodes before she met him, likely. Even May and Dawn got a chance to see Ash's large amount of Pokemon when he reunited with the Oak'd ones. I doubt she's aware of his 30+ Pokemon he's personally trained very extensively with. Even in AG, it took until Tactics Theatrics in the Battle Frontier for Ash's past achievements to be recognized. Personally, I think like others that the montage of Ash's leagues in that episodes should've gotten a more surprised look from Max and May, but oh well.

If he had came to Isshu with Pikachu, Torterra, Infernape, Staraptor, Buizel and Gliscor, I doubt she'd view him as a child. His Sinnoh team really saw the most amount of evolutions out of any league. But this argument is less about his strong Pokemon, but his ability as a trainer. This is why he starts over at the beginning of each journey since AG. It's for marketing to have a show that's fresh for current young audiences, but it also keeps Ash on his toes being able to handle new Pokemon.

Misty's comments about him were warranted all throughout Kanto as he was an amateur. But, also, I don't believe most of her comments post-Indigo were to intentionally criticize him. They were friends. Friends pick on each other and laugh at each others weaknesses while also supporting each other. Plus, there's the Pokeshipping, which leads to more passive aggressive teasing. :) Even during the Pallet reunion episode at the end of Hoenn, Misty *still* picked on Ash saying "Pokemon tend to act like their trainer, and I know a trainer that has been running wild lately." There are just several reasons to disregard Misty's picking on Ash. Even though she did pick on him, did you see her belittling him at the end of a gym or league battle in Johto? She did it in Kanto because he was an amateur, but it was much toned down in Johto because of the time that had passed.
    Last edited by Miju Miju; 2nd November 2010 at 08:00 AM.

Grass-type fanatic Frenzy Plant's Avatar
    Follow Frenzy Plant On Twitter
    Follow Frenzy Plant on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Pokabu View Post
    So Mamepato is a female? Wow I didn't see that one coming I guess Ash won't be getting the pink mask Kenhouru. But anyway it was good to see Ash capture Tsutarja in this episode it looked shocked after seeing Ash's concern for Pikachu so maybe it'll have some back story.

Oh yeah did anyone else find that little dance thing Mijumaru did after it came out of it's Pokeball weird???
    I can't remember where I read it, maybe Bulbapedia, but isn't there something about female Kenhouru being better at flying than male Kenhouru? Maybe Ash's Mamepato being female will have something to do with that later on in the series.
    Last edited by Frenzy Plant; 4th November 2010 at 05:32 AM.
    I do regular Pokémon giveaways on Tumblr, click here and come trade with me!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011