BW 006 "Site of Dreams! Munna and Musharna!!" Review Thread - Page 4

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: BW 006 "Site of Dreams! Munna and Musharna!!" Review Thread

Default Re: BW 006 "Site of Dreams! Munna and Musharna!!" Review Thread

Hmm. No Plasma arrival yet. Officer Junsa did mention she heard of Team Rocket from Kanto and wonders what brings them to Isshu. Let's see how much damage Jessie, James and Meowth can really do here. So far they seem to be collecting data and not another new Pokemon they've captured yet. What has Giovanni provided for the 3's next mission?

I knew Mijumaru would deflect Solar Beam with his shell, but even with it being solar energy, there's not a crack from any of the sunroof windows. Which makes me wonder how it can deal damage to opposing Pokemon and not break the sunroof. Is it anything to do with controlling the force?
    People cannot protect their precious ones only with kindness. I am prepared to protect my important friends. Even if I will be called the devil! There's no way you can win, when you don't have bond with friends.

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

OK episode, I liked Team Rocket in this (cool new motto) and the whole Munna/Musharna plot. Including Makomo was good too.

I am likening towards Iris so far. Still not sure on Dento, and the reason he joined Ash is weird (there -was- no reason..) and seriously, what IS a dream to be a Pokemon Sommelier? Having that map thing and the vague dream seems to just point to him being another Brock. Having Brock absent from that Joy/picture thing, and not to pull it out from his bag makes me sad.

Bubblewrap honestly, your going to be one of those fans who keep comparing characters to your favorite, like Scott with May and Dawn aren't you? Dento's only been in two episodes. He has a way different personality than Brocko, doesn't go all crazy around girls like Brock did, seems more err um crazy about Ash.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

Bubblewrap honestly, your going to be one of those fans who keep comparing characters to your favorite, like Scott with May and Dawn aren't you? Dento's only been in two episodes. He has a way different personality than Brocko, doesn't go all crazy around girls like Brock did, seems more err um crazy about Ash.
    No I won't. After a while I'll probably get used to him, but at the moment I'll throw my hands up and admit I'm still butt-hurt over it.

All I was saying, is what actually is a Pokemon Sommelier? & how will he achieve that dream by following Ash?

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblewrap View Post
    No I won't. After a while I'll probably get used to him, but at the moment I'll throw my hands up and admit I'm still butt-hurt over it.

All I was saying, is what actually is a Pokemon Sommelier? & how will he achieve that dream by following Ash?
    Ash, like most young boys in anime, can never eat enough food. It's a perfect opportunity for Dent to learn how to make a lot of food, and fast.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    But yeah, I really want to see Iris battle. From the looks of it she may not battle for a while.
    If she's not the 8th gym leader, then....well I hope there's some tournament of some kind down the line so we can see her battle. All we see her do now is switch between being impressed/downplaying Ash and randomly appearing out of nowhere. That will get really old after a while, so hopefully she can back up all her smack.

They are really keeping her under wraps, so I hope it's a pleasant so surprise, and not "Oh, hey I'm a gym leader but left it because I was bored."
    Last edited by Masurao; 21st October 2010 at 03:23 PM.

Blog Entries

Just watched the episode. I absolutely loved Musharna before, and love it even more.

Iris is quickly growing to be one of my favourite characters. Kibago's dream was so cute!

Blog Entries

Loved the episode. Gym battle was epic and I liked how Ash used the field and the defining characteristics of his pokemon to win instead of just calling attacks over and over. It had movement, it had a flow, it kept me riveted.

Dento was hilarious during the first part of this episode. Just hilarious. Makomo was okay bit silly but I could have used more. Joy and Jenny were bland. Munna and Musharna looked like crap, but... that's their design... Loved Team Rocket in this episode. Definitely not comic relief but still awesome and the motto was gold.

I also like Iris. You can tell the writers have a plan with her which already means we're not regressing to the original series day, but still... Kibago is not gonna evolve by standing in the background while Ash saves the day... She has a secret goal, but that doesn't mean she can't take part in fights from time. But at least, when she bitches Ash, you actually feel like she can back it up unlike a certain other character.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblewrap View Post
    I am likening towards Iris so far. Still not sure on Dento, and the reason he joined Ash is weird (there -was- no reason..) and seriously, what IS a dream to be a Pokemon Sommelier? Having that map thing and the vague dream seems to just point to him being another Brock. Having Brock absent from that Joy/picture thing, and not to pull it out from his bag makes me sad.
    Seriously? Is this gonna be a weekly thing?

We get it, you're mad that Dento showed more personality in 2 episodes than Brock showed in the last 2 sagas but please let's not compare apples and oranges. Those are two characters with two totally different personalities, goals and that's that.

Blog Entries

Besides, Dent looks awesome in a waiter's outfit. Brock wouldn't have.

Blog Entries

I gotta admit, I was a little freaked out by Musharna's face since I've never seen it not curled up in a ball like that. Munna's actually very cute to me though, and I never thought I'd say that. XD Personally felt the Yanappu vs. Mijumaru battle ended quickly, but like Gible said, I'm very glad Satoshi started using the field rather than spam commanding attacks like he did for Pikachu. Dento sure winks a lot (mainly to Satoshi).

And yeah, I figured Pikachu had to wear Satoshi's hat to protect him from the Dream Smoke; another very adorable little scene. I wonder if Dento will start keeping his Yanappu out of its Monster Ball like Satoshi and Iris do for Pikachu and Kibago?

Once again, loving the Rocket Gang's motto. Black, white, and gray theme was awesome! <3
    New Member's Guide to BMGf
    icon by twilightblade

Blog Entries

I kinda wonder why Iris refused to battle Ash. She seems like the kind of person that would want show him up based on how she acts, but she seemed reluctant rather than having the "not wanting to waste my time with you" persona.

Speaking of Ash, something about his personality this season I really like.

I'm curious as to what Dento was asking Ash at the table with the notepad too. He seemed kinda fan boyish.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    I kinda wonder why Iris refused to battle Ash. She seems like the kind of person that would want show him up based on how she acts, but she seemed reluctant rather than having the "not wanting to waste my time with you" persona.
    I'm curious about that too. Maybe it's about being reluctant to show what she can really do (maybe she had more pokemon? Maybe she's stronger than she appears?) Maybe she is unsure of herself, doubting her skills as a trainer. May be a combination of the two.

As I said before... at least the writers seem to have a plan with her. I was afraid that wasn't gonna be the case, but they really seem to have a storyline all planned out for her and I can't wait to see what it is :D

Speaking of Ash, something about his personality this season I really like.
    Me too... I think it's because he has that look, like everything is new for him, that he's discovering thing for the first time.

I'm curious as to what Dento was asking Ash at the table with the notepad too. He seemed kinda fan boyish.
    That made me laugh :D

Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

you're mad that Dento showed more personality in 2 episodes than Brock showed in the last 2 sagas
    This isn't the reason, no.
    (And... no he didn't...)

Anyway, I'll stop complaining for the mo. I was merely pointing out I was confused why he left his post, and what his dream entails.

I was also only mentioning that it was sad Brock wasn't there with that picture of the Joy's too. Nothing too serious considering that exact same thing was mentioned a few pages back.

Anyway, I did enjoy the episode. It was nice to see Kibago dream to evolve. I hope they follow up.
    Last edited by Froakie; 22nd October 2010 at 01:26 AM.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

At least our fears of the writers pulling another, "Piplup" with Kibago were put to rest.

Although I agree, how is Kibago going to evolve if Iris doesn't battle or do much at all?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    At least our fears of the writers pulling another, "Piplup" with Kibago were put to rest.

Although I agree, how is Kibago going to evolve if Iris doesn't battle or do much at all?
    Yeah that's gonna be tricky. I mean they'll probably be stuff like Triple battles and battle arcs, but how will they handle Iris solo episodes.

I knew they had a plan for her, see guys?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    A lot of people point out that Pikachu beat Regice and is therefore super powerful, but I tend to ignore that because it was such a bullshit victory. That wasn't a showcase of how powerful Pikachu had become; it was simply terrible, terrible writing.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast