BW 006 "Site of Dreams! Munna and Musharna!!" Review Thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BW 006 "Site of Dreams! Munna and Musharna!!" Review Thread

Default Re: BW 006 "Site of Dreams! Munna and Musharna!!" Review Thread

Well good job Mijumaru. Interesting combination it used there with water gun, and shell blade. Dento joining Ash was fairly quick but oh well.

Iris is kinda weird,other than being the possible 8th gym leader, what could she be hiding?

Pretty good episode. The gym battle had a predictable end, but it was nice to see Mijumau kick some ass. We had some nice foreshadowing with Iris not wanting to battle Satoshi (and keeping her goal a secret) as well as Kibago's dream. Really hope it evolves the whole way.

That Musharna stuff was actually a little scary when we were getting an explanation for it. Hope we get more freaky stuff like that in the future.

Makomo was really cute and awesome. I hope she appears again.

Seeing that picture of all the Joi's was the first time I've actually missed Takeshi. It's so weird seeing that without him.

The rest of the episode was pretty predictable. Twerps destroy the machine, Dento leaves to focus on being a Sommelier, they all decide to travel together. But there were still plenty of enjoyable scenes throughout, and I loved how Iris was hanging upside down and running around at the end. Hope this wild side sticks.

As for the motto...

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r52/Digigirl10/BW006_8.jpg
    http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r52/Digigirl10/BW006_9.jpg

Aww yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    I think I seen Team Plasma in this episode. Aren't these shadowy figures who attacked to Musharna is them?
    Are you sure? keyhole was really bad so I don't know what you're talking about... but I doubt it...

Sharing is Caring! Chosen of Mana's Avatar Archives Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Chosen of Mana On Twitter

Mijimaru was cute and awesome this episode.

I'm pleasantly surprised that Kibago wants to evolve. It gives it a way to set it apart from other Pokémon of its archetype.

Makomo was cute too.

While I do miss Team Rocket being silly, its nice to see them get serious once in a while. Besides, if BW004 is any indicator, our silly TRio is still alive and well.

Big claimin'
    Cresselia (Pokémon)
    Colette Brunel [Tales of Symphonia] and Yuri Lowell [Tales of Vesperia] (Video game characters)

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    Are you sure? keyhole was really bad so I don't know what you're talking about... but I doubt it...
    According to Makomo's story, some shadowy men attacked to the lab which Musharna was living in. That's similar to TP's plot in the games...
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

It's too early to tell. At this point, it's probably safe to assume that it was just a bunch of random nameless guys who we'll never see again.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on August 8th, 2014

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

Iris' goal is to provide the widest range of NFP solutions to suit any size of operation. Duh....?? >.>

Anyway, someone mentioned that the Musharna plot felt like they had to fill in the extra minutes between the gym finale and Dent joining Ash, and I'd have to agree. But it was decent enough material, so it's no biggie. I do wonder if the events that transpired here are going to have any bearing on future developments though. Was the Rocket's main objective here to just collect data again, or was it pivotal to the operation that they actually seize Musharna itself?

In any case, I like how the main group is shaping up this time around. Yeah, Iris hasn't done squat, and we've only just met Dent, but they're definately entertaining characters.

Wow I liked the battle and I knew Dento's reason for following Ash would be cuz of how close he was with his Pokemon, I'm glad it wasXD We still don't know why Iris is following Ash, they will reveal why slowlu I'm sure. I think this time Iris Pokemon will evolve unlike what happened with Pipulp, which is awesome. Majumaru continues to be my favorite Pokemon on Ash's team and the ending was cute. Can't wait for next weeks episode.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

Blog Entries

Comments from some screencaps:

Y'know, I did wonder if Iris had a bow in her hair or just big hairclips. Looks to be the latter.

Dunno if it's just the timing of the screens I'm looking at or what, but Pod and Corn were without aprons when presenting Ash the badge and suddenly have them on after Ash and Iris start talking. Minor continuity error? Or are they just quick at putting their aprons on?

The Abandoned Dream Lot sure lives up to its name. What a mess.

Wow, someone likes flowers. Makomo's room is totally covered with 'em!

I spy the obligatory 'all Joys look the same' joke.

Oh hai Dent. Just overenthusiastic waitering, or a chance to get a good view of his backside? 'Tis a mystery.

This is the first of animé-verse Isshu I've really taken a close look at, and I now notice the Pokédex displays different angles of Pokémon. Nice! And it just so happens to line up well with the game's complete backsprites. Oh Tabunne, you and your cottontail are so cute.

Ooh, found another scene where Dent suddenly has sclera: when Munna releases the smoke to see Kibago's dreams. They make him look more like a Pokémon character and less like Tintin. For goodness' sake, as if the hairstyle wasn't enough!

Aww at dream Kibago running around. And you want to evolve, you say? ...I like you already.

Pikachu, you gotta wear your Trainer's hat more often. Despite the fact that seeing may be a problem.

So that's why the Dream Lot is abandoned. Holy moly, the scenes in the lab were like they came from a horror movie.

White, black and grey in the Rocket motto visuals. Hmm...

Munna has a freaky yet derpy smile.

Huh. We see Giovanni's secretary again. Was BW1 the first time we saw her? 'Cause it seems strange to give him a secretary now of all times.

D'aww, Corn and Pod look so sad that Dent's leaving. Especially Pod.

And Dent's satchel compliments his outfit well. Good.

Oh! Another Dent-with-sclera scene when he's shaking Pod's hand.

My, that's a fancy map machine thingy you got there, Dent.

Haha, nice one, Iris. I had hoped she'd hang upside-down from a tree and surprise someone one eventually. Speaking of surprises, her friends aren't gonna see her Souryuu Gym connections coming.

Dangan Ronpa avatar and sig pic by me. Bases from here.
    My Dangan Ronpa sprites are also available in avatar size!
    3DS Friend Code: 1177-7801-6992. Friend Safari is Psychic with Abra, Espurr and Xatu. If you add me, let me know!

Dento's going to be a interesting character to say the least. Makomo is love.

As for Iris she certainty is quite different from May, and Dawn who always praised Ash for the most part. While Iris is like "Oh you, won...it was meh btw." Nice change I guess from the past two girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysta Blade View Post
    Huh. We see Giovanni's secretary again. Was BW1 the first time we saw her? 'Cause it seems strange to give him a secretary now of all times.
    She's first appeared in DP191, the last Sinnoh episode.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

This episode was pretty interesting, to say the least. Pikachu was just adorable with Ash's hat on and the battle was just as interesting -- though I got to admit that it was obvious that Ash would win (or else he wouldn't have gotten the badge!).

Personally, my favorite part of this episode was Team Rocket's motto, the animation for that was just great. And the Nurse Joys look all the same joke comes back to haunt everyone, though Ash's silly face for it makes me smile.

"I'm going to become a Pokémon Master!"
    LJ | ff.net

Quote Originally Posted by Pikari View Post
    This episode was pretty interesting, to say the least. Pikachu was just adorable with Ash's hat on and the battle was just as interesting -- though I got to admit that it was obvious that Ash would win (or else he wouldn't have gotten the badge!).

Personally, my favorite part of this episode was Team Rocket's motto, the animation for that was just great. And the Nurse Joys look all the same joke comes back to haunt everyone, though Ash's silly face for it makes me smile.
    I knew he'd win, but some people thought he'd loose for some reason at least we know for sure now. Wonder when Ash's next gym will be? I'm really liking both Iris and Dento, hopefully they get some action in the next few episodes. I do agree, Pikachu wearing Ash's hat was too adorable.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

Quote Originally Posted by Ashfangirl22 View Post
    I knew he'd win, but some people thought he'd loose for some reason at least we know for sure now. Wonder when Ash's next gym will be? I'm really liking both Iris and Dento, hopefully they get some action in the next few episodes. I do agree, Pikachu wearing Ash's hat was too adorable.
    That's true, since he didn't win against Brock in the first season, but at the very least, I'm glad we know that he won. And yes, I'm liking Dento a whole lot right now and I believe he won't have his next gym battle for a while, but I'm expecting more action from his new companions!

"I'm going to become a Pokémon Master!"
    LJ | ff.net

It was a good epsiode overall, the whole Team Rocket Intro was awesome.

Now, the gym badge part. Well, all I can say is that shell is hax. It's one thing to hear about it blocking a solar-beam, one of the strongest grass moves in the game, and a whole other thing to see it actually happen. Miju fits that trope, crouching moron, hidden badass to a tee. You can see it act like a moron in gym battles, yet it defeated an opponent that was supposed to be stronger than it.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast