BW 006 "Site of Dreams! Munna and Musharna!!" Review Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BW 006 "Site of Dreams! Munna and Musharna!!" Review Thread

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default BW 006 "Site of Dreams! Munna and Musharna!!" Review Thread

BW 006 Site of Dreams! Munna and Musharna!!
    After the Gym Battle ends, Satoshi takes his pokemon to the Pokemon Center to rest. There, Iris rushes onto the scene with her sleeping Kibago. A faint, pink light is emanting from its chest, and it won't wake up! As everyone worries about her pokemon, a woman holding the "dream eating" pokemon Mun'na appears! Her name is Makomo-Hakase, and she might know the cause of Kibago's problem! Satoshi and his friends rush outside to find a solution only to find an astonishing sight! A pink light is dancing in the sky, causing Junsa-san to call a state of emergency! The city has fallen into a panic...
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on November 24th, 2014

Default Re: BW 006 "Site of Dreams! Munna and Musharna!!" Review Thread

Did anyone hear what Iris said when Ash asked her what her goal is?
    Last edited by pokemon_master2; 21st October 2010 at 05:30 AM.

Ash beat Dento and got the badge
    Munna showed Kibago's dream - to fully evolve... I hope this dream comes true... (it's even a little similar to Caterpie's imagination of becoming Butterfree and it did happen...)
    Dento just randomly decided he wants to travel with Ash and then suggested all three of them travel together, Ash approved and said Dento can do his best as a sommelier, he can work to become a Pokémon Master and Iris... "wait, what's your goal Iris?" and she said it's a secret lol

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon_master2 View Post
    Did anyone hear what Iris said when Ash said her what her goal is?
    She didn't reveal it.

y team

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    Ash beat Dento and got the badge
    Munna showed Kibago's dream - to fully evolve... I hope this dream comes true... (it's even a little similar to Caterpie's imagination of becoming Butterfree and it did happen...)
    If it really does evolve into Ononokusu and Iris does turn out to be the 8th Gym Leader, then it seems more rational. Since it would be strange for the 8th Gym Leader to have an unevolved Pokémon. Ononokusu would be more challenging to Ash.

Blog Entries

Kibago is just too adorable, it wants to evolve, so that's actually surprising.

Piplup didn't want to evolve for whatever reason but Kibago actually does. I think it will evolve. since it actually does. Semi Mascot status be damned.

Gym battle was pretty awesome, I guess, feed wasn't good so it looks like Mijumaru knew Shell Blade already. That's pretty neat.

Munna, and Musharna was fairly short but it was okay. Epic Team Rocket Motto is epic Team Rocket Motto.

And LOL at Iris at the end.

Edit: I find it weird that Iris reluctantly wanted to battle Ash after the gym battle. Looks to me like she is keeping a secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyperior View Post
    If it really does evolve into Ononokusu and Iris does turn out to be the 8th Gym Leader, then it seems more rational. Since it would be strange for the 8th Gym Leader to have an unevolved Pokémon. Ononokusu would be more challenging to Ash.
    Well, Misty did have both Staryu and Starmie... so even if Kiba never evolves, Iris might own its evolutions... but I really hope it will evolve

Also, no Plasma/N in this ep...... I'm really afraid we might not get them in the anime at all and instead they made TRio "serious" to "make up" for this =\ hopefully I'm wrong, but it's best not to expect too much

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The gym battle ended in 6 minutes. Mijumaru defeated Yanappu with an unorthodox combination of using Water Gun on its shell, followed by Shell Blade. Seeing Ash's relationship with his pokemon as a battler, Dent decides to follow him around.

Kibago's dream was for it to evolve into an Ononokusu (giving it a goal and a personality trait). Hopefully this is not forgotten as the episodes continue on.

Pikachu has to wear Ash's cap to protect itself from the effects of the dream energy. It is a powdery substance that causes a pokemon to fall asleep through contact. Pikachu does so to keep its head protected.

Team Rocket uses a machine to harness Musharna's powers for their own. Pikachu and Munna work together to destroy the machine and free Musharna. Musharna then clears away the dream energy in the city and leaves alongside Makomo and Munna.

Dent joins the group (after saying goodbye to his brothers). The episode ends with Ash, Iris, and Dent leaving Sanyou City.

The subject of Oak's Live Caster this time was Mijumaru.

This episode looks promising
    Does Ash have a badge case to store his new badge?

Blog Entries

Also, no Plasma/N in this ep...... I'm really afraid we might not get them in the anime at all and instead they made TRio "serious" to "make up" for this =\ hopefully I'm wrong, but it's best not to expect too much
    It's only been 6 episodes! They may've appeared early in the game, but there's a new cast to establish in the anime... give it time. Considering Genesect's status as an event-only Pokemon with undisputable ties to Plasma, they could be villains in the BW movies.

Anyway, episode itself... there wasn't really much to the plot of this episode alone. The end of the gym battle and Dent joining the group was more of a conclusion to last week's episode that couldn't fit, and the Munna stuff felt a bit tacked on so they could fill in the rest of the 20 minutes.

Kibago's dream made me happy. Although there could be some logistical problems with Iris trying to keep an Ononokus in her hair. I also liked Ash's pause when he realised he had no idea why Iris was following him.

...given that episode 1 had Sakaki say that his reasons for having the trio farting around Isshu was to smoke out "that unidentified team they got there"... yeah, we'll see them.

The episode itself started good, but it could've greatly benefitted from devoting more time to the Dream Site plot arather than spending half the episode on the gym battle. The new motto animation is awesome, though (and Koromori is back, wee!)

Iris was adorable at the end there.
    So.

Quote Originally Posted by Thingamajig View Post
    It's only been 6 episodes! They may've appeared early in the game, but there's a new cast to establish in the anime... give it time.
    Well, they did take their time with Galactic so yeah... but I prefer not to expect too much

undisputable ties to Plasma
    They often ignore things like that with the legendaries... usually they just take some legends and make up a movie plot for them

they could be villains in the BW movies
    I really doubt it... I also think it'd be impossible to properly adapt the Plasma/N plot in the movies... it fits the show much more

I also liked Ash's pause when he realised he had no idea why Iris was following him.
    If you're talking about the last scene, Ash asked about her -goal- and not why she's following him (Ash was happy to approve when Dento suggested all 3 travel together, so I don't think Ash will continue to ask her why she followed him)
    I like how they're keeping Iris' goal a secret... I just hope she still get some focus eps in the near future...

4 Days To Go! Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

If Ash approved of Dent journeying with him, then asked why Iris was, everyone would think that Qsh was some kind of manslut.

I think I seen Team Plasma in this episode. Aren't these shadowy figures who attacked to Musharna is them?
    Last edited by martianmister; 21st October 2010 at 07:04 AM.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

It's tasting time! Kasumi's Avatar Former Art Director
    Blog Entries
    Follow Kasumi On Twitter Add Kasumi on Google+
    Follow Kasumi on Tumblr Follow Kasumi on Flickr

I loved how Satoshi asked Iris what her goal was and she's like:

"ITS A SECRET LOL *runs*"

Also, the Rocket motto was awesomely animated tonight.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast