BW 005 "Sanyou Gym! VS Baoppu, Hiyappu and Yanappu!!" Review Thread - Page 4

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: BW 005 "Sanyou Gym! VS Baoppu, Hiyappu and Yanappu!!" Review Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 005 "Sanyou Gym! VS Baoppu, Hiyappu and Yanappu!!" Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyperior View Post
    Seems unlikely if judging by the first five eps only. The grey bird needs screentime.
    Staravia didn't get to fight in the first Gym either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    A lot of people point out that Pikachu beat Regice and is therefore super powerful, but I tend to ignore that because it was such a bullshit victory. That wasn't a showcase of how powerful Pikachu had become; it was simply terrible, terrible writing.

Okay, this episode pretty much amused me from beginning to end. When Ash wanted to go to the gym and he started yelling because it totally was not a gym, but a restaurant, (ha! I thought I'd get something right about the anime, though it was totally obvious), he was pretty pissed. Which ended up him getting a lot of attention, not to mention that Pikachu -- isn't from Isshu. But I am pleased that Mijumaru is, in fact, more entertaining than Piplup was in DP.

Ash is so funny this season, I laugh at his antics! ... Oh and the fact he doesn't get the fangirls amuses me so much. And ... he actually apologized to the three gym leaders, though he's quite excited about battling them and their new Pokemon, so. That's something.

And as a question: was Dento the referee for the first two gym battles? Because that interests me very much. BUT YEAH LOVING THIS GYM ALREADY I'M EXCITED FOR NEXT WEEK :3

"I'm going to become a Pokémon Master!"
    LJ | ff.net

I got a nice chuckle out of Mijumaru hiding behind Ash, and him having to drag its ass out to the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckgon Z View Post
    Staravia didn't get to fight in the first Gym either.
    But it did get decent screentime and an ep focusing on it when compared to the grey bird. The grey bird hasn't appeared since its capture.

Blog Entries

Iris popping out of nowhere like she did kinda reminded me of Conway a bit.

As for the gym battle, it was decent...but I was kinda hoping it be done in this episode.

so has anyone figured out what the water monkey used to disoreniate pikachu during volt tackle yet?

I assumed that it was Ground Leveling/Level Ground.

^the only other ground move it can learn besides dig through Tm, is mud sport through breeding, if it did use level ground then the writers basically haxed it so Pikachu would lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosblazer View Post
    ^the only other ground move it can learn besides dig through Tm, is mud sport through breeding, if it did use level ground then the writers basically haxed it so Pikachu would lose.
    Wow, they really are trying to put a second Kanto here. The hacked move is back!

EDIT: So it is not hacked then.
    Last edited by Rhyperior; 14th October 2010 at 10:12 AM.

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

The move Hiyap used was 'Mud Sport' ('Doro Sabi', as Corn says. I think that's how it's written out in english, anyway).

Ah. That certainly explains the mud. I assumed that it was there because of the Water Gun Hiyap had previously shot at the floor.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Doro Asobi ^^;;

But yes, Grave-E is right; the move was Mud Sport.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 22nd, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

A very good tactic then, Pikachu's loss is justified.

But when was the last time that move was used in the anime, i can't remember.

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Doro Asobi ^^;;
    Ooh, I was so close too. Wikipedia and Babelfish don't make for a particulary good dynamic duo :(

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Well, there's always Bulbapedia :P
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 22nd, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast