BW 005 "Sanyou Gym! VS Baoppu, Hiyappu and Yanappu!!" Review Thread - Page 3

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: BW 005 "Sanyou Gym! VS Baoppu, Hiyappu and Yanappu!!" Review Thread

Listenin' to Dragons...! LightningKimba's Avatar
    Follow LightningKimba On Twitter Add LightningKimba on Facebook
    Follow LightningKimba on Tumblr Visit LightningKimba's Youtube Channel

Default Re: BW 005 "Sanyou Gym! VS Baoppu, Hiyappu and Yanappu!!" Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    What Mamepato? :P
    Oh come now, Mamepato'll have his time in the spotlight. ... It'll just take a long while, with it being cursed as the beginning bird n'all. I mean, we have Mijumaru to make us laugh until Mamepato fits in somewhere, don't we?

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    I'm not sure what she was saying today.
    Personally, I would think it would have something to do with the gym, no? Should probably re-watch said ep or something to confirm that...

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

I already liked Yanap to begin with, but man, looking over the screens for this ep, he might just have become one of my favourite 5th gen mons. Screen-filling death glare, casually stepping out of the way of a tackle, a Gible-esque blank stare when nomming on Miju's cranium, Solar Beam Kamehameha. TONS of likable stuff here.

Also, one of those cheerleaders on the balcony?
    Erica.
    Guess she got bored of Josh.

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grave-E View Post
    Erica.
    Also, Hikari in there as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    I'm not sure what she was saying today.
    Okay, thanks...
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Blog Entries

^just adorable.

Don't tell God how big your problems are, tell the problems how big your God is..
    The awesome banner is by Blazaking EX.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah, from the pictures I saw (I can't watch the episode due to my laptop freaking out, causing me to use Safe Mode), it looked like Hiyappu's Ground attack slowed Pikachu down, which is what Level Ground does.

It's tasting time! Kasumi's Avatar Former Art Director
    Blog Entries
    Follow Kasumi On Twitter Add Kasumi on Google+
    Follow Kasumi on Tumblr Follow Kasumi on Flickr

Best part of this episode besides Dento, Corn and Pod's awesomeness? Mijumaru's face at the end when Yanappu was going to use Solar Beam on it. XD

Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This series is having the opposite effect on me for its Water-type starter to DP's effect. That is, Mijumaru was easily my least-favorite of the three Isshu starters when they were revealed, but the anime went and gave it some charisma without making it be completely irritating and bam, Mijumaru's quickly climbing the ranks with me. I wonder what Dent's motivation will be for leaving his bros behind in the next episode; they all work so bloody well together.

But for the straightforward nature of the battle so far, pretty nice. Even if it's easy to call for Ash throwing a fit when he gets thrown at a table and asking prepped for a meal, it's entertaining to see. I'd bring up the Seven Stars Lake Restaurant thingy, but... well, that one worked the other way around, ahaha.

Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    I'm not surprised Pikachu lost. It would have been a little too obvious for it to beat the water moneky.
    Well, it would have been obvious for Darkrai to defeat Torkoal and the others too. But it happened. So I don't understand why they make Pikachu lost at the start of a serie again. To worsen the situation, it lost to a Pokémon weak to electricity.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyperior View Post
    Well, it would have been obvious for Darkrai to defeat Torkoal and the others too. But it happened. So I don't understand why they make Pikachu lost at the start of a serie again. To worsen the situation, it lost to a Pokémon weak to electricity.

I haven't seen the episode yet but it does seem to me that in best wishes, Pikachu has actually started to act as if it's stats were the same as a normal Pikachu... And maybe since being struck by Zekrom, he restarted Pikachu, making him weaker and more vulnerable.

I dunno... But I do doubt that what happened on the first episode has nothing to do with Pikachu hitting a wall last week, literally and losing to a water monkey this week...

I will watch the episode later and have a review for it soon...
    Can you hear me?

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

Dent, Corn, and Pod were even more awesome than I thought they would be, especially Corn and Pod! It was great they each had distinct personalities, and it was cute when they said a motto. The cheerleaders were so amusing too! And I am so happy that this is a two-parter, and the battle will continue for a bit next week.

And I loved the rockets, of course, even if they weren't on screen long.

or maybe Pikachu needs to ditch Volt Tackle, that move has not exactly done well for it since the sinnoh league and even before the league it didn't help out much either, think about it unlike Quick Attack once Pikachu initiates Volt Tackle, it can't stop the move so it's opponents can take advantage of this, it happened ALOT during sinnoh and now it's happening again, it might have been good for premotion during AG when the move was discovered but we're not in AG anymore.

As for the water monkey's mystery move, unless the writers hacked it to know something like magnitude, Mud Sport was the only other ground move it could use.

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Rafia View Post

^just adorable.
    I have to thank you for posting this screenshot; I had forgotten how epic that hairflip was XD

Corn is starting to grow on me, even though he is my least favorite, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Grave-E View Post
    I'm glad Pikachu lost. There's always got to be a fall-guy it seems, and I'd much rather see the new monsters get wins anyway. Hell, if they pull a DP and have Pikachu take a backseat again, I won't complain.

I agree, I can't say that I'm too disappointed pika lost. "Power resets" aside, it's about time that his other pokemon get attention (hopefully it'll be more evenly distributed this time...but, whatever)

"seasons change, people change"

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderPigg View Post
    (hopefully it'll be more evenly distributed this time...but, whatever)
    Seems unlikely if judging by the first five eps only. The grey bird needs screentime.

Pikachu's been a failure for most of DP so this is no surprise here, really. Annoying for those of us who actually like him, but far from unexpected.

Strange to have a two part Gym so early. Is there a chance all of them will be two parters?
    "For a bunch of guys on a mission to save the world, you sure do love your detours."--Gig, Soul Nomad and The World Eaters
    Friend Code: 5241-3316-7599, character named Edward. Safari contains Marowak, Diggersby, and Trapinch. PM me if you want to exchange codes.

Blog Entries

Erica.
    Not just Erica but more
    Janet (May's first Pokemon contest), Britney from Johto Igglybuff and Evelyn from that Houen episode about the Relicanth
    There may be another recycled girl there but I don't recognize anymore.
    I find it cool how Pokemon recycles designs.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast