BW 005 "Sanyou Gym! VS Baoppu, Hiyappu and Yanappu!!" Review Thread - Page 2

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: BW 005 "Sanyou Gym! VS Baoppu, Hiyappu and Yanappu!!" Review Thread

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default Re: BW 005 "Sanyou Gym! VS Baoppu, Hiyappu and Yanappu!!" Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin
    And I thought this episode would clear it up but no, Satoshi says "Hino-da" which is the new way of saying "Hinoko."
    He's clearly saying "Hinoko" (or, sometimes, "hinoko da"). I don't know why you're the only one who can't seem to hear it.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    And I thought this episode would clear it up but no, Satoshi says "Hino-da" which is the new way of saying "Hinoko." Honestly how Shinji can say "Hinoko" clearly and not Satoshi is beyond me it seems to me Satoshi is just adding stuff to make it sound cooler, while Shinji was more direct and not fooling around.
    I was clearly heared a "Hinoko da!"

Quote Originally Posted by ayotui View Post
    its weird that pikachu still hasnt won a single match in BW.
    No, it's same as Sinnoh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombra29 View Post
    I laugh so much again about how -some- people on this were all like "OMG THIS BATTLE WILL BE RUSHED" and "OMG IM SO SURE THIS IS JUST ONE EPISODE".
    Everyone was thinking it was only one episode. And still, it's only one episode for GL's introducing and majority of battle, contrary to past series...

----

Is there any reason for Iris' being a stalker of Satoshi? It's Zekrom thing again?
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    He's clearly saying "Hinoko" (or, sometimes, "hinoko da"). I don't know why you're the only one who can't seem to hear it.
    Maybe the "ko" part is just too glossed over for me, maybe it needs to be slowed down and turned the volume up but seriously no matter what I can't hear "ko" again I looked up when Shinji commanded Hikozaru to use "Hinoko" and I heard it just fine (it was Ash and Paul's first battle Chimchar vs Aipom), but I guess Satoshi doesn't say the "Ko" part as clearly as Shinji does. It happens a lot in other languages I've noticed, sometimes people speak really quickly in a language you barely understand and it's like "what did you say? Slow down" If you've seen Billy Madison with Adam Sandler the part where gets that guy who speaks Spanish maybe you can understand what I'm talking about. I guess Shinji just talks slower than Satoshi, thus which is why I can hear Shinji commanding "Hinoko" and for some reason Satoshi just glosses over the "ko" part.

I mean I'm not doubting its ember, no other move remotely works with what Pokabu does but still I find it unusual that I can't hear the "ko" part. Maybe this time I can again blame the audio quality I'll have to hear what he says in high audio quality version because while the first time I didn't hear "Ko" I don't quite remember what I heard the second time he order "Hinoko" so maybe in that case he doesn't say "Hinoko da" like you mentioned. Though I do find it weird for something that's supposed to be 4 syllables with the "da" part I can only hear only 3 syllables.

Quote Originally Posted by totodiles choreographer View Post
    Oh shame i missed it, I always enjoy watching them get slammed into walls. Well we've just seen a volt-tackling, legend killing pikachu get beaten by a monkey using water gun so a fairly strong fire-pig getting beaten by a grass-deer is possible. I reckon it was just either a very strong deer or just got lucky with a critical hit. Actually I put every bizarre loss in the anime down to critical hits, it makes the poke-world make sense again.
    Nah, I'm going with Pokabu's original trainer being a moron trainer who doesn't know how to battle, if only because we know nothing of that trainer, but we know Ash's battling style, and Corn did show off some mad skills in his battling. I honestly doubt that particular Shikijika was all that powerful maybe just the trainer was better than Pokabu's trainer.

Water monkey knowns Earthquake?

Earthquake is finally unbanned in the anime?

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Pretty sure that wasn't Earthquake. I'm not familiar with most of the new Generation V moves, so it might have been one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by dman dustin
    I guess Shinji just talks slower than Satoshi, thus which is why I can hear Shinji commanding "Hinoko" and for some reason Satoshi just glosses over the "ko" part.
    Well, Shinji always been a lot more laid back than Satoshi. It's only natural that the hyperactive kid in a new region who loves battles would speak quickly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bangirasu View Post
    Water monkey knowns Earthquake?

Earthquake is finally unbanned in the anime?
    Unfortunately Hiyappu can only legally learn Dig and Mud Sport. So honestly I don't know what the hell it was. I thought it could've been earthquake, but then I remembered a fifth gen move called "Level Ground" or something like that and thought that was it. But weirdly Hiyappu can't learn any decent ground types which makes me wonder just what the hell did it use.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    Is there any reason for Iris' being a stalker of Satoshi? It's Zekrom thing again?
    Zekrom has nothing to do with it. I don't know where people are getting that from.

I was surprised how funny this episode ended up being. The three gym leader brothers being all suave and cool with their little motto and the girls screaming was hilarious. I'm glad BW is continuing from DP with giving all the gym leaders distinct personalities. It would have be easy to gloss over Pod and Corn, but they had great personalities as well.

Dento is awesome so far. I love how he was going crazy over seeing a Pikachu. I can tell this is going to be a fun running gag throughout the series.

The gym battle was pretty straight forward, but also surprisingly exciting. The summery for next week spoiled the battle wouldn't be finished this week, so I was expecting to be bored after Pokabu won since it was obvious Pikachu would lose, but there was some great strategy involved that held my interest. Iris was also hilarious with her reactions to everything. Seems she's warming up to Satoshi more and more.

And the Rockets just get hotter by the week.

Blog Entries

I thought it was earth power. Oh, well... it's only me, or Iris looked happier when Ash was losing?

In general, pokabu was good, pikachu... I admit hiyappu came with a good strategie, but, what a shame. And mijumaru... how the heck Ash plans to win with this guy...? I'm disappointed, miju-chan.
    Man, when you stop to think of it DP did have some crap in it. Its just that when people think about DP, they only remember Paul, Pokehunter J/Galactic and all the Gyms and Contests episodes....basically the good parts.
    And... there are actually a lot of BW episodes that have pissed me off. By this point it'd be easier to just list the ones that I can stand to watch. The more the series progresses, the more the writing of these episodes piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Zekrom has nothing to do with it. I don't know where people are getting that from.
    Is she said anything about her reason for stalking Satoshi?

Quote Originally Posted by DuquÊ? View Post
    it's only me, or Iris looked happier when Ash was losing?
    No, it's contrary...

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

I feel like the reason the writers decided to have Pikachu lose was to mirror what happens in the games. The Gym Leader you go up against has a pokemon that's strong against the starter you picked, but Pikachu winning against Hiyapp wouldn't have showcased that part at all. So, it had to take one for the team.

Makes you wonder why they didn't have Satoshi get Tsutarja before the match so they could really copy what happens in the games, but whatever :/

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

I'm glad Pikachu lost. There's always got to be a fall-guy it seems, and I'd much rather see the new monsters get wins anyway. Hell, if they pull a DP and have Pikachu take a backseat again, I won't complain.

Blog Entries

Is she said anything about her reason for stalking Satoshi?
    In episode three she said she was showing him around or something since he's new to Isshu, but that's really it. Last week she said she was going to check out the Battle Club as if she could leave him at any time, so maybe she hasn't decided she wants to "permanently" stick around yet?

Blog Entries

I just thought why Ash didn't send mamepato instead mijumaru. Helloooo, type advantage? Or mamepato is sooo weak (and ugly)? I was ready for starters super exposition, isn't that surprising (because of the old trailers). Anyway, I hope for Ash's victory next time.
    Man, when you stop to think of it DP did have some crap in it. Its just that when people think about DP, they only remember Paul, Pokehunter J/Galactic and all the Gyms and Contests episodes....basically the good parts.
    And... there are actually a lot of BW episodes that have pissed me off. By this point it'd be easier to just list the ones that I can stand to watch. The more the series progresses, the more the writing of these episodes piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    In episode three she said she was showing him around or something since he's new to Isshu, but that's really it. Last week she said she was going to check out the Battle Club as if she could leave him at any time, so maybe she hasn't decided she wants to "permanently" stick around yet?
    So, her being in this city is just a coincidence? Is she said anything about battling with GL or doing anything in there?

Quote Originally Posted by DuquÊ? View Post
    I just thought why Ash didn't send mamepato instead mijumaru.
    What Mamepato? :P

He's crying in somewhere with Musashi's Koromori...

Blog Entries

So, her being in this city is just a coincidence? Is she said anything about battling with GL or doing anything?
    I'm not sure what she was saying today.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast