BW 004 "Battle Club! A Mysterious Pokémon Appears!!" Review Thread - Page 5

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: BW 004 "Battle Club! A Mysterious Pokémon Appears!!" Review Thread

Blog Entries

Visit Frost's Youtube Channel

Default Re: BW 004 "Battle Club! A Mysterious Pokémon Appears!!" Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pikari View Post
    I kind of miss Mamepato now, but it's to be expected this early in the game, I suppose. We never saw Pidgey in the first few episodes after he caught it, right?
    That could be because Ash never caught a Pidgey. :P His Pidgeotto was caught in episode three and appeared in episode four (to battle Weedle), five (to battle Brock's Geodude), and seven (to battle Misty's Starmie).
    Co-admin at PsyPoke.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gible View Post
    Iris needs a goal, something anything, some plot besides being there. stat. Though she made me lol when she tried to cock block Ash to catch Pokabu. Was Kibago even in this ep?
    She's the last Gym Leader. Until the writers get bored with that, that's probably all that she'll be. And yes, Kibago appeared this episode.

This is my favorite episode so far this season. Hopefully it won't be the center of character development like Infernape was. I mean, at least Paul fed his Pokémon. This guy muzzled and abandoned Pokabu.

Even better than Pokabu was Mijumaru. Now it pops out of its ball on its own, then chickens out when it sees its opponent. Also, smacking Pikachu into some boxes (and a...pan?), rendering him unconcious. Try to cute yourself outta that one, Miju.

Then Team Rocket took him again, lost again, didn't blast off again. I guess they've finally learned that run away when neessary causes much less physical pain. Last comment of TR ever regarding that. Promise.

When is Iris going to get something new? She already has Kibago and likely an Ononox stored somewhere in her hair, but having an Umbreon on the team would have been cool. (except Umbreon wasn't even in this episode)

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

Speaking of Iris being rejected, I thought Pokabu's reaction to her declaration of capture was pretty funny.

*Looks at Iris* "Poka. Poka Poka. Poka" /deep tone
    *Turns to Ash* "KABU! KABU KABU KABU! KABU!" /lighter tone

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I guess its safe to say Iris likely won't be doing much in the way of battling, unfortunately.

She doesn't seem to be a good or active battler. Where have we seen this before?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorroark View Post
    This guy muzzled and abandoned Pokabu.

It wasn't muzzled, really. The rope Pokabu was tied upon, it accidentally wrapped itself to the fire pig's mouth, I believed it happened after it successfully freed itself.

Hoping to see its previous trainer some time soon this series. Will we get another time that 1 of Ash's new monsters disobey him for whatever reason?

I'd like to know what Giovanni has set up during the end of this episode.

Don't be too safe, G. Although I'm also getting that vibe, I'll let it play through it and see how well and awful BW delivers.
    People cannot protect their precious ones only with kindness. I am prepared to protect my important friends. Even if I will be called the devil! There's no way you can win, when you don't have bond with friends.

Wait AT LEAST until ep 10-20 or something like that before you dare complaining about Iris or Dento "not doing anything"
    Also, so far, Iris was a very entertaining character, regardless of how important she seemed to be...

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Watched it again. I'm liking it more and more. No idea what Don George and Meowth were saying the Umbreon cornering scene, but overall I got a sense of what was going on. I think Giovanni told the TRio to go to Sanyou City next, correct?

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Since Giovanni tells TRio to go to Sanyou City at his own request, it could hint as possible Team Plasma involvement soon in the anime (the Munna episode seems to suggest this).

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

I loved this episode. Pokabu's always been my favourite Isshu starter...for good reason.

Mijumaru is pretty darn hilarious though xD

In a place.... Where the Rent is Too Damn High
    Blog Entries

I have a feeling Miju isn't planning on evolving. Ash gets another abandoned fire starter and Giovanni is about to do something. Translations?

Also WTF was up with Don Georges going nuts over fake Umbreon?
    I just ate my breakfastlunchndinner

I can afford a roof over my head

I do not pay rent
    And my Vote Belongs to Jimmy McMillan
    For PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.

BECAUSE THE RENT IS TOO DAMN HIGH!
    AND THE WEATHER IS ALSO TOO DAMN COLD! RITDHP FTW!

The trainer that abandoned the pokabu looks like paul.

I'M SERIOUS!!!

The silhouette looks like his hands in his pockets walking off

I may be wrong but it's my opinion though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    I guess its safe to say Iris likely won't be doing much in the way of battling, unfortunately.

She doesn't seem to be a good or active battler. Where have we seen this before?
    Well, for one I disagree. But, even if you were right, we've seen this before with Swellow in the Sinnoh League :D

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

I do love Ash and Iris' chemistry, but I agree that I'd like to see her do much more.

And we still don't know if Soryu City's gym leader is going to be Iris or Shaga.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

At the end of the episode, Sakaki tells Musashi, Kojirou, and Nyasu to head for Sanyou City for a special assignment.

What interests me the most about that scene is how his female...secretary? ...is standing by his side again. It seems like she's going to be a recurring character, so I'm wondering if they're going to bother telling us anything more about her. Who is she? Where did she come from? Does she even have a name?
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 20th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

They should have just used Domino instead. But I bet they're thinking nobody remembers Domino anymore, so her character has been, "retconned."

After all, aside from Butch/Cassidy and Prof. Namba, what other old Rocket agents ever appeared frequently?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast