BW 004 "Battle Club! A Mysterious Pokémon Appears!!" Review Thread - Page 3

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BW 004 "Battle Club! A Mysterious Pokémon Appears!!" Review Thread

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default Re: BW 004 "Battle Club! A Mysterious Pokémon Appears!!" Review Thread

Well, either / or. They're interchangeable, really.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 20th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

While I need to see this in motion, does anyone think the series looks odd this time around? I mean just this episode alone, ash searching for Umbreon with what has to be the longest dex ever, to the tied up Pokabu, its just off. But animation aside, the episodes seem to get better as they go, and this is no exception. So far, so good, and I love how team rocket has a motto for its departure, and not for its arrival.

Good episode, I like Pokabu's backstory, as it was well explained
    Does anyone know the move Pokabu performed?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Buizelfan View Post
    Does anyone know the move Pokabu performed?
    Some are saying ember but it didn't sound like "hinoko" to me, of course I had problems hearing Futachimaru's pronunciation so I don't think I can be of much help.

But whatever move it was, it was still pretty epic looking. Seriously a spiralling fire move that was shot from Pokabu's nose, that just reeks of awesomeness.

Blog Entries

Reusing the neglected fire type story again I see. I should have expected as much. Oh well, at least Mijumaru was somewhat entertaining. Iris starting to respect Ash more is nice as well I guess.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Hooray, Pokabu is now the Chimchar/Charmader expy combined.

All in all, it was an okay episode.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

One and Only Slipstream! Slipstream's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Some are saying ember but it didn't sound like "hinoko" to me, of course I had problems hearing Futachimaru's pronunciation so I don't think I can be of much help.

But whatever move it was, it was still pretty epic looking. Seriously a spiralling fire move that was shot from Pokabu's nose, that just reeks of awesomeness.
    I could be wrong, but that sounds almost like fire spin.

Blog Entries

Huh... I didn't think of it 'till now, but Pokabu is like the 3rd regional Fire-Starter that Ash has had that had an abusive Trainer in the past.
    "He just put on 300,000 pounds....I'm SO jealous." Raven, Teen Titans

Have you heard of the saying "opening a can of whoop-ass"? I did that once in a dream.... I opened an aluminum can labled "whoop-ass" on somebody, and they disintegrated.

My favorite Bulbagarden smiley:

The episode was actually okay, in my opinion. Sure, it wasn't what I expected at all, but it was pretty good for a filler. Iris is kind of getting on my nerves, pinching ever single cute Pokémon so far. Really, guys. I liked the Pokabu, snuggling all close to Ash and being all cute. Apparently, Ash is bringing all moe Pokémon this season.

Or ... somewhat-moe. Because Mijumaru is moe, but it's kind of like Chikorita. I actually feel sorry for Pikachu a lot this season, to be honest. Getting pushed around like that and even to the point that it gets KO'd.

Aaah, Team Rocket's escape plans are hilarious, and sure I kind of miss Mamepato now, but it's to be expected this early in the game, I suppose. We never saw Pidgey in the first few episodes after he caught it, right? Oh. And James having a glass of wine amused me for some reason.

I was just glad that Ash has Pokabu! The two of them look so cute together ;u;

"I'm going to become a Pokémon Master!"
    LJ | ff.net

Blog Entries

So ash has piggy now.

Always with the abandoned fire starter. :P Anyway, I don't know what's going on with otter, but it's nice to see a pokemon have a personality here. I don't think Ash has ever been the one to have a poke that randomly pops out of it's ball before. We got to see both snake evo and otter evo battle. I'll come back when things get clarified for me.
    Last edited by Dragon Char; 7th October 2010 at 09:56 AM.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Quote Originally Posted by Pikari View Post
    it was pretty good for a filler.
    Filler?

I considered it a 'filler' just to catch Pokabu. Other than that, it wasn't a 'major' plot episode. And the picture from filb, reuploaded because direct-linking isn't allowed:

"I'm going to become a Pokémon Master!"
    LJ | ff.net

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

Man, as much as I dislike the fact they're relying on the whole 'mistreated fire type' yarn once more, I gotta give these guys props for making it so incredibly easy to feel sympathy for the poor little porker. I felt like reaching into the screen and freeing him from that make-shift muzzle myself, before giving the little guy a hug. Freaking adorable 'mon, that one.

On the Mijumaru side of things, between it being the only new pokemon thus far with a proper personallity (and a funny one! I do like that he's a bit of a needy jerk, but in an innocent kind of way) and the fact that it's apparantly going to pop out of it's pokeball at convinient intervals, they're really not playing it subtle with this guy. He's definately a penguin in otter's clothing.

Speaking of mascot-types, for all the discussion about Mamepato not appearing, Kibago sure as hell isn't leaving much of an impression either. It was firmly rooted in Iris' hair this episode. Hee.

finally, I have to concur with Dogasu's opinions regarding Team Rocket. The sudden change to being serious has been pretty jarring, but aside from that, I don't find the new personas they've adopted to be very entertaining or endearing. I'm hoping we'll be able to get the best of both worlds eventually.

Resident Nympho Princess of Lumas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well...can't say im totally glad he still has the "abandoned fire-starter but at least Iris appears to understand Ash better" oh well at least Pokabu's scream isn't a freaky as Chimchars

im kind of glad Mijimauru is acting like Chikorita. We need a pokemon like that again.
    Ryou Bakura, Yami Bakura, and I live together in Lief's bedroom. Back off

One and Only Slipstream! Slipstream's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    The Pokabu belonged to a trainer at the Battle Club, but after losing a battle (to a Shikijika [grass-type] nonetheless), its mouth was tied up by that trainer and left abandoned.
    Wrong. The trainer didn't do that, it looked like it happened to get rope around it's mouth by accident when it broke free. The trainer only tied it to the post via rope around it's neck.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikari View Post
    Or ... somewhat-moe. Because Mijumaru is moe, but it's kind of like Chikorita. I actually feel sorry for Pikachu a lot this season, to be honest. Getting pushed around like that and even to the point that it gets KO'd.
    Mijumaru is a troll, that much is certain now. Though, to be fair, he did stop Pikachu from going into that hot water. Even so, he's trolled Pikachu alot.

And no offense to Ash, but he's been pretty lazy the last two episodes. Mamepato is the only one he actually caught by battling. Everyone else just came to him. Especially Mijumaru, which was a gimme.
    Last edited by Slipstream; 7th October 2010 at 10:35 AM.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast