BW 004 "Battle Club! A Mysterious Pokémon Appears!!" Review Thread - Page 2

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BW 004 "Battle Club! A Mysterious Pokémon Appears!!" Review Thread

Default Re: BW 004 "Battle Club! A Mysterious Pokémon Appears!!" Review Thread

They really shouldn't have bothered with Mamepato, could have just left two slots open for later. Also I'm starting to think a lot of these 10 year olds aren't ready for the responsibilty of taking care of pets. I mean what do their mums say over the video calls. "Hi sweety how's that cute little fire pokemon you got off the professor doing?" "Yeahhh about that things weren't working out so I ditched it, its probably dead by now" "Oh...ok"

When I was that age I had a hamster that kept taking huge chunks out of me and still took decent care of it. Anime kids these days, they don't know how lucky they are!

I'm sure Mamepato will do more later... give it some time, it's just 4 eps so far, the main cast isn't even formed yet, not all starters are in the main cast yet... it's only from around ep 10 that stuff will start to really happen, since by then, Ash will have all starters and the group would already form and travel together for a few eps...

The 2nd pokemon master pokemon_master2's Avatar

I wonder how many ways the writers will think about of making TR escape without eventually blasting off?
    The kites thing is nice.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

woocha! Another abused fire type? that's his fourth one (everyone except quilava who was saved from being captured by an abusive trainer)

Yes! Tsutarja is next

Blog Entries

I still can't get over how adorable Pokabu was in this episode, it was really cute so much more than Mijumaru, I guess its because Mijumaru doesn't have the cutest design. I disliked the shots with Pokabu being skinny even though it made sense. Sort of plump Pokabu wagging its tail is a lot better.

I especially liked how Ash carried it while it was sleeping. And how Pokabu put its foot on Ash's leg indicating how much it really liked him.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

I'm still not happy with the Rocket-Dan. Nyasu remains the only member who's actually acting somewhat in-character, but even he's mellowed out too much.

Musashi and Kojirou are still boring. If the show wanted serious villains, why didn't they just make up a new trio instead of sucking all the life out of the existing one?

I realize that we're still very early in the series and I'm trying to remain hopeful that they'll snap out of it. I just hope we don't have to wait much longer.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Eh, I thought them being so serious about such a corny plan was quite amusing.

Really liking Iris so far, though I hope she gets a somewhat more active role soon.

And Don George's manly tears were manly.
    So.

Blog Entries

I was very impressed with this episode. Takegami must be as inspired as the rest of the Rocket fans, because you could feel there was just a spark compared to his usual episodes. I hope the other writers payed attention, because this is exactly how the Rockets should be written every week. I like the balance of Nyasu being the "goofy" one while Musashi and Kojiro get to be serious. It opens up so many new plots for them.

The other half of the episode was great too. I know we've seen the abused fire pokemon plot before, but this was still different enough that i really liked it. I also love how Iris is slowly starting to respect Satoshi more.

Those battle club guys were hilarious. I didn't fully understand what was going on, but their scene with Nyasu was pure gold.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon_master2 View Post
    I wonder how many ways the writers will think about of making TR escape without eventually blasting off?
    The kites thing is nice.
    That's now one of my favorite things to do every week. Play "Guess how the Rocket-Dan will escape without blasting off!".

Every week there's some new awesome thing to love about the motto. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Musashi and Kojirou are still boring. If the show wanted serious villains, why didn't they just make up a new trio instead of sucking all the life out of the existing one?
    There is no doubt that Team Plasma will be serious. I don't want two serious teams.

Blog Entries

How in the world was Futachimaru pronounced, nothing I heard even remotely sounded like anything I ever thought of. It may have been the horrible quality audio but wow, I didn't hear anything that sounded familiar in its name pronunciation, I don't think I really heard the -maru part of its name. For me it was just a noise.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I loved the scene where Mijumaru chickened out and had Pikachu fight Futachimaru, especially when it curved its arms like it was giving Pikachu the honor of fighting for the great Mijumaru.

Definitely liking it the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    woocha! Another abused fire type? that's his fourth one (everyone except quilava who was saved from being captured by an abusive trainer)
    fourth?

Charmander and Chimchar were mistreated yes, but who else?

I hope your not referring to Torkoal, that was different as it was more of a territory issue than being abused by a human.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin
    How in the world was Futachimaru pronounced
    Foo-tah-chee-mah-roo
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

Foo-tah-chee-mah-roo
    So it was pronounced like I thought, wow bad audio quality is bad audio quality.

Oh and Rusty Shuckleford, that really was a funny scene, I agree, hopefully it won't do that often though, I really would like to see Mijumaru fighting a bigger Pokemon than it and being fine with it. Right now I'm just chalking it up to Mijumaru seeing its evolved form and freaked out.

Foo-tah-chee-mah-roo
    Isn't the 'r' pronounce as 'l' in Japanese?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast