BW 003 "Mijumaru! Meguroko! Close Call!!" Review Thread - Page 3

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BW 003 "Mijumaru! Meguroko! Close Call!!" Review Thread

Default Re: BW 003 "Mijumaru! Meguroko! Close Call!!" Review Thread

Welcome to Isshu, where everything is new and different! OH LOOK HOT SPRINGS.

By the way, I don't think Meguroko will be returning. If it does, great, but the little bit at the end is just something they always do (for anyone thinking it means anything). The glasses just helped differentiate it from the others and pinpoint it as the "leader" for the episode.

The best parts have Mijumaru. It's name definitely lends itself to a cute way of talking ("Mee jooooo"). I want more of this Pokemon. It even floats in the water like the early art renditions depict it, just like a real otter!
    V Faction: Bulbatized

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330

Blog Entries

"Mi~ju!"

That thing is freaking adorable (except for the "liquid anime eyes" moment). We knew Ash was going to get it. It's been stalking him very closely since episode 1. Then it threw Pikachu off Ash's shoulder.

But to deflect a Thunderbolt into Ash's face? And later on Bullet Seed? What is that shell-blade-boomerang-shield made of?

Ash and Iris don't seem to get along. Come to think of it, why are they traveling together in the first place? Iris didn't have a bike to wreck, and she's clearly no beginner.

For Miju to follow Ash everywhere, go missing once Ash got his ball, then be found again resting in the sand. I have to ask why.

Once again, TR didn't blast off. In fact, they sorta just disappeared before the geyser incident.

Not the best episode, but Ash has Mijumaru now. Sunglasses Megrocko'll be back, no doubt.
    7/10

Red Gyarados = PWNAGE Mizu Ryuu's Avatar

Alright, that's it. Mijimaru is now the cutest Isshu Pokemon. <3 I loved when it shoved Pikachu off of Satoshi's shoulder. XD Roketto-Dan was awesome, as always. Didn't really care for the Meguroko side-plot, they just seemed kinda there.

Overall, not the best episode, they should of split the Meguroko side-plot off to its own episode, but oh well. 7/10.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Maybe Iris pities n00by Ash? Their chemistry is hilarious, and more entertaining than the other girls xD

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Other than the fact that Ash catches the Mijumaru that was stalking him, this was a true to blue filler. The Meguroko ended up as a leader of wild pokemon who was getting all of the others to safety. It seems to me that it likes pulling pranks on other people, but decided to get serious after noticing the danger involving geysers.

The Rockets haven't used any of their pokemon this episode and James still hadn't caught one. They were using machines.

Hot springs all around, nothing about the "sand battle" taking place in the actual episode. It was just the usual filler plot; people and pokemon working together to survive a natural disaster... Except Mijumaru wasn't returned to its pokeball until the end of the episode.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zorroark View Post
    "Mi~ju!"

That thing is freaking adorable (except for the "liquid anime eyes" moment). We knew Ash was going to get it. It's been stalking him very closely since episode 1. Then it threw Pikachu off Ash's shoulder.

But to deflect a Thunderbolt into Ash's face? And later on Bullet Seed? What is that shell-blade-boomerang-shield made of?

Ash and Iris don't seem to get along. Come to think of it, why are they traveling together in the first place? Iris didn't have a bike to wreck, and she's clearly no beginner.

For Miju to follow Ash everywhere, go missing once Ash got his ball, then be found again resting in the sand. I have to ask why.

Once again, TR didn't blast off. In fact, they sorta just disappeared before the geyser incident.

Not the best episode, but Ash has Mijumaru now. Sunglasses Megrocko'll be back, no doubt.
    7/10
    It's made of Keratin Aka Fingernails

One and Only Slipstream! Slipstream's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zorroark View Post
    "Mi~ju!"

7/10

I knew that shell was overpowered even when I just saw it deflect a bullet seed attack. Now that it blocks pikachu's electric attacks (even if the one pikachu used wasn't particularly strong) I can safely say that this shell is officially HAX.

Either way, I like Miju. Especially when it stopped Pikachu from chasing after Ash because the hot springs are HOT. One of the few Pokemon I've seen using common sense.

In a place.... Where the Rent is Too Damn High
    Blog Entries

Is James even going to capture something? I had my mind set on him getting a Megacroc. Maybe the Rockets have their other three Pokemon with them but havent used them. Its possible you know. Who knows. Anyway I didn't get why the Mamepeto's didn't fly away in the first place. And if they were afraid, why did they fly afterward? I mean rEaLlY

And to Zorroark, when was there Bullet Seed?
    I just ate my breakfastlunchndinner

I can afford a roof over my head

I do not pay rent
    And my Vote Belongs to Jimmy McMillan
    For PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.

BECAUSE THE RENT IS TOO DAMN HIGH!
    AND THE WEATHER IS ALSO TOO DAMN COLD! RITDHP FTW!

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCool708 View Post
    Is James even going to capture something? I had my mind set on him getting a Megacroc. Maybe the Rockets have their other three Pokemon with them but havent used them. Its possible you know. Who knows. Anyway I didn't get why the Mamepeto's didn't fly away in the first place. And if they were afraid, why did they fly afterward? I mean rEaLlY

And to Zorroark, when was there Bullet Seed?
    In episode 2 it was said that Team Rocket left all their Pokémon TR headquarters.

Also, Bullet Seed was seen in a preview of Ash vs Dent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu Shoji View Post
    Also, Bullet Seed was seen in a preview of Ash vs Dent.
    Not to mention that according to another preview the shell might even be strong enough to block a solarbeam.

The best part of this episode IMO was the beginning when Ash and Iris were arguing and Miju just appeared right next to them

Freakin Adorable.

Blog Entries

Where are you guys watching this? (Don't post a direct link, just tell me the website's name, because it's against the rules to post a direct link to the episodes.)

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    Where are you guys watching this? (Don't post a direct link, just tell me the website's name, because it's against the rules to post a direct link to the episodes.)
    Most of us watched it on the day it aired; most likely using Keyhole, if that helps any.

"I'm going to become a Pokémon Master!"
    LJ | ff.net

Blog Entries

Thanx. I guess I'll just wait untill it shows up on Youtube.

Blog Entries

It was a bit of a filler but good anyway. Team rocket not blasting off is a dream come true, actually.

'Mi joooo,' that otter has really passed the cute flag. Its so freaking adorable!

On the topic of the intro; do the siloetes of the pokémon become coloured once the appear in the anime because I think I've seen some that wernt coloured in the first episode...
    Last edited by Yumega; 30th September 2010 at 04:15 PM.

^Credit for thumbnails goes to Instrutilus!^

-Pokémon Rescue Team Series-
    Eternal Flame: Coming Soon!

Miju is sooooooooo cute... I really loved how it just begged Ash to get it XD and how it didn't want Iris to catch it XD
    Also, Ash going all "wtf why are you following me" and Iris "stfu I just happen to get the same way"... LOL it was so funny!
    It was a nice ep, not as good as the first two but it had its good scenes
    I wonder if glasses croc will return since it appeared at the end to laugh at us viewers randomly
    Also, this episode convinced me Mamepato have no brains at all XD

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast