BW 003 "Mijumaru! Meguroko! Close Call!!" Review Thread - Page 2

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BW 003 "Mijumaru! Meguroko! Close Call!!" Review Thread

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

Default Re: BW 003 "Mijumaru! Meguroko! Close Call!!" Review Thread

Something interesting, seems no one noticed:

It's first time in anime history, Satoshi is the only human in eyecatches, even after main girl's debut and second episode!
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

Rockets look spectacular, as usual <3

This episode was pretty cute! I like how Mijumaru tried to sit on Satoshi's shoulder. And Meguroko is so great. I look forward to seeing it in future episodes.

I also like how Iris helped Satoshi climb over the bridge of Megurokos. They are going to be great friends

Quote Originally Posted by Meron View Post
    Guess Mamepato are dumber than real pidgeons... They just stayed on the rock, and after everyone worked hard to get them to safety, they just flew away. XD
    TBH, this was my favorite part of the episode, it was so funny!

Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Even in my delirious, sleep-deprived state I was thinking that Mamepato was stupid since it could've just flown away. I mean sure, there were friggin' geysers, but they couldn't be that hard to dodge. I usually never catch on to things like that.

Meguroko in sunglasses was pretty fun and I liked the hot sand scene (though it gave me eerie flashbacks of Lavaridge Town in Hoenn...). Overall though, it came off as pretty bland. It almost felt like the hot springs episode in Diamond & Pearl... which was also bland and quite terrible. I enjoyed the Mijumaru gags (this thing is so much freaking better than Piplup already... double for Kibago), though Team Rocket's "serious business" evolution is still making me WTF since I'm not used to it.

I do find it odd that they're... kinda not addressing why Iris is sticking around with Ash since they're already not getting along and Iris keeps patronizing Ash like crazy (not that it isn't amusing). Unless she's just looking after him for kicks, so when Ash gets to Souryuu City 150+ episodes later, Iris is all "SURPRISE, BITCH! I'M YOUR ULTIMATE CHALLENGE!" unless they just... use Shaga instead. But that would be cool. Iunno. Guess it's fresh considering there has yet to be a bike casualty so far. 3 episodes without it is already a record for this series, aha.

Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Looks like Megaglasses will come back again. I guess that would make it the squirtle replacement.

Pretty nice episode. Loved Miju in it.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

So they remembered it was from the lab after all. That wasn't so hard. I don't know, but I found it rather odd to see Pika get so cheesed off from being pushed off Ash's shoulder. Then, in another screenie, he looks sad. Why was that? I was confused as to what motives sandcroc had until I came here. I'm not sure if it being on the to be continued screen means anything. Anyway, hooray for Ash officially having otter, even if all he had to do was return it to it's pokeball.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

Mijumaru is freaking adorable. It sounded like a little kid begging to be picked up by it's parent. Going to be real intersting to see how it develops. Hiopefully it fully evolves.

Also, why exactly is Iris traveling with Ash? I mean she just seems to be getting on his nerves. He appeared to attempt to leave her, and she still followed him. I'm guessing it has something to do with Zerkom, or w/e it's called.

So, it's obvious now that Mijumaru is Satoshi's new, shiny version of his Chikorita/Bayleaf in Isshu. I loved how Mijumaru just pushed Pikachu off Satoshi's shoulder and Pikachu got pissed off and retaliated with a Thunderbolt. It was also pretty interesting to see that Pikachu's Thunderbolt actually got reflected and hit Satoshi instead, to be honest. Really interesting episode.

The sandbathing scene made me laugh a bit, and in parts of the episode, I personally, knew that there were going to be some very awkward shots while watching the scene, especially when they hardly showed Ash wearing his boxers in some parts. Though it does remind me of the Hoenn days, if you want me to tell the truth.

Also, Team Rocket using a crane interested me. I still love their new motto and even though it still irks me a bit that they don't blast off - hey, holding their ground is actually making this anime more life-like and that amuses me - but where's their funny scenes? At the very least, I'm glad they're not the butt of the jokes in this season.

... I believe, though, that Iris is still going with Satoshi because of the whole Zekrom incident -- though I highly doubt that she knows that he was actually involved in that whole thing. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that he's a foreigner and is actually a quite interesting/amusing person? Just my two cents on that.

Oh, and I squealed at the fact that Satoshi's the only one in the eyecatches, even after Iris became a part of the main team.

"I'm going to become a Pokémon Master!"
    LJ | ff.net

Roles change sometimes!

Ash&Iris: awkardly fall into a trap and get hit.
    Jessie&James: while falling into a trap change their position and land like some spy agents without any harm.

What show am I watching? 0_0

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    but I think everyone is forgetting the best shot of the episode.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r52/Digigirl10/1285843057908.jpg
    Not to be offensive, but I personally think that the best shot is the 'to be continue' shot with the leader focused.

8D

Quote Originally Posted by -Ryuutakeshi- View Post
    Looks like Megaglasses will come back again. I guess that would make it the squirtle replacement.

Pretty nice episode. Loved Miju in it.
    Wow, that just made my Meguroko for Ash possible again! Unless it turns out like that evil Togepi episode where we didn't see it again.

Loved Mijumaru! Glad to see it with Ash now. Kibago's a fun pokemon too. Pretty nice episode although I wonder why the Mamepato were just sitting there when the could've just flown away.

Regardless, another pretty good episode and it's great to see Mijumaru officially caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Kir View Post
    Roles change sometimes!

Ash&Iris: awkardly fall into a trap and get hit.
    Jessie&James: while falling into a trap change their position and land like some spy agents without any harm.

What show am I watching? 0_0
    Hmm interesting this actually makes seance if you think about it. The two experienced criminals dodge a trap. The two ten year old's can't.

I'm beginning to get the impression that Iris is based off of some kind of ADHD and Autistic stereotype. Maybe it's just me but as an Autistic myself I don't mean this to be offensive.

new ending was so much better than the opening.

rather surprised that Ash figured out who Mijumaru belonged to though. Team Rocket still making badass escapes instead of blasting off XD.

overall it was a decent episode.

Hmm interesting this actually makes seance if you think about it. The two experienced criminals dodge a trap. The two ten year old's can't.
    Right! J&J are kind of secret agents, they are supposed to be dodgy.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Does anyone have a .gif of Mijumaru throwing Pikachu off Ash's shoulder? =3

I loved this episode. It featured my favourite Gen V Pokémon - Meguroko! How strong are they?!

Iris is also quickly growing on me. I prefer the Ash-Iris dynamic than Ash and any of the other girls.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

3 episodes in and we already have Iris is a swimsuit

a new record!
    Last edited by Eitarou; 30th September 2010 at 01:04 PM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast