BW 001-002 "To the Isshu Region! Zekrom's Shadow!!" & "Iris and Kibago!" Review - Page 5

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: BW 001-002 "To the Isshu Region! Zekrom's Shadow!!" & "Iris and Kibago!" Review

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default Re: BW 001-002 "To the Isshu Region! Zekrom's Shadow!!" & "Iris and Kibago!" Review

BW 001-002 "To the Isshu Region! Zekrom's Shadow!!" & "Iris and Kibago!" Review

Quote Originally Posted by me
    It hasn't been brought up yet.

In fact, by the end of the second episode, Satoshi and Iris haven't even decided to start traveling together yet.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 20th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Default Re: BW 001-002 "To the Isshu Region! Zekrom's Shadow!!" & "Iris and Kibago!" Review

Shooti seems interesting. Mijumaru seems nice too, a little Piplup esque..but oh well. TRio seem...interesting. I guess we'll see how they play out. I'm liking Iris actually.

Okay, so I've only seen the first episode, but...
    SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! <3
    x3

I think I'm going to love BW. I've seen about 2 seconds of Iris, but she looks GREAT! And Satoshi was so lovable!! This Shooty (what a shit name That alone prevents me from taking him seriously!) seems a bit lame compared to Shinji, but I guess time will tell. I'm feeling a bit split about the whole TR-srsness thing - it's nice to see them not being clowns, but where've they put their... normal selves?! - but I doubt it will last anyway.

However, I am not split about them losing their pokemon. I'm heartbroken ;_; Sonansuuuuuuuuu! Where have you gooooooooone *sob*

Easily the best introduction episode in the series. :3

Is Episode 2 up yet on Youtube? I haven't been able to find part 1 or part 2 :( If anyone could be so kind as to give me a link if one exists, I'd be much obliged.

Thanks!

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Why did Ash's mom and Professor Oak go with him? If Ash's mom is moving to Isshu, wheres all their stuff? and why did Ash suddenly forget about all his Pokemon? it seemed like they left out alot of stuff and it was very rushed. Ash should have caught Mijumaru right then and there after he saved Pikachu and Kibago.

1) Professor Oak wanted to attend a congress taking place in the Isshu region. Ash and Delia tagged along because they wanted to take a vacation together. So Ash hadn't originally planned to actually travel through Isshu.

2) Ash's Pokémon are at Oak's laboratory. Yes, I know it's a really sudden way to get rid of them, but it makes sense that Ash left them if he had planned to go on holiday and take a break from battling and stuff. Plus, we knew it'd happen anyways.

3) Iris urged him to go to the Pokémon Center since Kibago and Pikachu were injured after the fight. It'd have been kinda nasty of him to say, "Oh no, Pikachu! I'll get you to a Pokémon Center... AFTER I CAPTURED THIS COOL POKÉMON LULZ"

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

I'm watching it right now (can sort of understand it) and oh my, poor Miju. He looked so distraught Shooti didn't pick him.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

Nice pair of episode though it would have been better if Brock was in it.

I don't like the fact TR have lost all their pokemon at all. Wobbuffet has been around for so long and it's such a shame just to see them scrap them.
    I like mamepato and mijimaru, and of course Iris. Though I'll reserve judgment on the series until I see a bit more.

Found a link on Youtube. I just love how Episode 2 ended with Miju creepin' in the window; gotta love that Pokemon. I also loved his little happy dance after shell blading Team Rocket's balloon. He's easily my favorite Isshu Pokemon :3

Avatar loading... 23% Missingno. Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wait a second, is it really confirmed that TR lost their old Pokemon? Or is this just people jumping to wild conclusions?

With a mustache.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    No, they were definitely out of character. Pre-BW Rocket-Dan would be ultra serious when talking to Sakaki but would loosen up once the video phones were off. But we didn't see any of that here. Just serious, serious, serious.

You can argue that they're trying harder now, for some reason, but "trying harder" is not the same thing as "acting like a completely different person."
    Considering what happened in DP191 I don't see how they were out of character.

Remember Giovanni only just noticed them in that episode and ordered that they go an a special mission (before that they were fairly ignored by the boss) and they really seemed kind of competent. I mean after all Pre DP191 Meowth would've actually been sincere about being sad that Pikachu and Piplup were "splitting" up (after all this is Meowth who was upset about Chimchar's treatment by Paul), but in the episode he was lying for the purposes of catching them.

I don't see how that's anything other than Character Development. We always say something like immature Ash transforms into mature Ash is called character development. But when something similar happens to Team Rocket, suddenly it's out of character?

Edit: I think you also have to remember this is the first time ever in the series Giovanni has been this active towards Jessie, James and Meowth.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 23rd September 2010 at 11:55 AM.

Snivy don't give a ffffff Abaddon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panthera View Post
    Is Episode 2 up yet on Youtube? I haven't been able to find part 1 or part 2 :( If anyone could be so kind as to give me a link if one exists, I'd be much obliged.

Thanks!
    Not yet, nope. I just watched Episode 1.

Good stuff. It is very different. I liked how Quick Attack looks now, and Zekrom got one hell of an awesome debut.

Blog Entries

Ok, here's my thoughts. It was neat to see the new rival choose his starter. It pretty much confirms there is more than one snakey in this series, as this one is different from the one that uses Attract on Pika. Piggy is left unanswered. We'll have to see it again sometime. Otter for now stalks Ash. The pall of how Ash will fare against his new rival will linger since he only beat him when Pika couldn't use it's power. Ash tries to catch Iris's hair because the pokedex detected Larvitar alike in there. Now for the big thing: TR. Talk about something completely different. We haven't seen this since early Kanto, and even then, they weren't this much of a presence. They were in inches of winning until otter saves the day. Ash seems to have reset himself along with his pokemon, but I think I said before they have to get in "How to play Pokemon" somehow. :P I don't mind anything that's happened, and I am greatly intrigued. How will Ash get otter? Will TR remain to be so intimidating? What is the fate of piggy? To be continued...
    Step into the Fairy circle

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    Wait a second, is it really confirmed that TR lost their old Pokemon? Or is this just people jumping to wild conclusions?

With a mustache.
    We only saw Jessie capturing Koromori (offscreen)

and yes they do not have their others

no more Wobbufet...wah..

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast