BW 001-002 "To the Isshu Region! Zekrom's Shadow!!" & "Iris and Kibago!" Review - Page 21

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: BW 001-002 "To the Isshu Region! Zekrom's Shadow!!" & "Iris and Kibago!" Review

Protecting Gotham City Geodude's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Geodude On Twitter
    Follow Geodude on Tumblr

Default Re: BW 001-002 "To the Isshu Region! Zekrom's Shadow!!" & "Iris and Kibago!" Review

Good thing nobody did.

XBL: Shiny Geodude -- PSN: ShinyGeodude

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default Re: BW 001-002 "To the Isshu Region! Zekrom's Shadow!!" & "Iris and Kibago!" Review

Quote Originally Posted by VeggiePopper
    A more Barry-esque rivalry suits better for Shuuti: let Ash win sometimes, let him lose other times, and give him his final victory in the League, something like both having winned the same amount of battles by the time they get to the League, so their league battle breakes the tie.
    I hope Shooty gets treated better than Jun did. Jun only got one on-screen victory his entire run (something that Shooty's already managed to do) and never even faced Satoshi in the League. He was less rival and more comic relief punching bag.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 20th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

PDL

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    I hope Shooty gets treated better than Jun did. Jun only got one on-screen victory his entire run (something that Shooty's already managed to do) and never even faced Satoshi in the League. He was less rival and more comic relief punching bag.
    I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "better treatment". Barry wasn't really ment to be the "serious rival" since that role was already taken over by Paul. It seems like they just added him as an afterthought. However, what he lacked in "seriousness" he made up for it by being a way more amusing, and in my opinion, more interesting, character then Paul.

Shooti has a gimmick going for him right now (photography), but it can go either way right now. I don't see the rivalry as becoming as antagonistic as the one Ash had against Paul though.

Actually, it would be a good thing to have a casual rivalry going now since we've just come from a nasty one and having another one like the one between Ash and Paul would be redundant.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

I think you missed my point. What I really meant in the Barry comparison is that I want a more fullflesshed rivalry where both have their share of wins instead of Ash always losing, therefore both kids feel the rivalry, whereas in Paul's case, he never did see Ash as a rival more than as a pest because he always beat him. This time I want Ash to win sometimes like Barry whom he beat a couple of times.

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by PDL
    I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "better treatment".
    Let me try to rephrase it. Jun only got one on-screen victory and didn't even get to face Satoshi in the League. That's just flat-out terrible, regardless of whether or not the rivalry is meant to be serious.

I agree that Jun as a character was great and funny and all the other good stuff. But as a rival, he flat-out sucked, and I can't fathom why anyone would want Shooty's rivalry to be anything like it.

Urara has the same problems, really. Great as a character, but awful as a rival. And if Harley didn't have that one win back during the Battle Frontier, he'd be in the same boat.

Quote Originally Posted by VeggiePopper
    This time I want Ash to win sometimes like Barry whom he beat a couple of times.
    "A couple of times?" How about "every time they met except for that one time." Their rivalry was just as one-sided as the Satoshi/Shinji rivalry, only in reverse.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 20th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

Sorry if someone already mentioned this, but I was watching the episodes again yesterday and noticed that Satoshi was on flight 151 from Kanto.

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Sorry if someone already mentioned this, but I was watching the episodes again yesterday and noticed that Satoshi was on flight 151 from Kanto.
    LOL awesome!
    I watched the eps again too yesterday and I really love the scene at the end of BW 2 - where Ash let Mamepato stand on his hand and it bows XD so cute!

Blog Entries

Just out of curiosity, do we get any line-by-line translations?

Blog Entries

"A couple of times?" How about "every time they met except for that one time." Their rivalry was just as one-sided as the Satoshi/Shinji rivalry, only in reverse.
    Still, one victory for Jun is very, very different to no victories at all as in Satoshi/Shinji case.

And I think he didn't battle Ash in the League because he was a secondary rival, not the main one, and to be honest, see Ash beat every one in the League (Nando, Conway, Barry and Paul) would have been a bit tedious and one sided (there were so many characters out there, having them intereacting between themselves will always be better than only interacting with Ash). Plus, that was the only way to give him proper closure: his dream was to fight Paul, but there was no viable way to fight both Paul and Ash, so it was much better for him to fight Paul (thus fulfilling his dream and having proper closure to his story) than to fight Ash.

Blog Entries

I'm still sure shooti will be more interesting and more.. realistic.
    I mean, Paul only showing emotion after the battle in the leuge was just bad and cheap. Shooti has already shown some emotions but still remains serious... in a more realistic kind of way.

I still think the camera gimmik is just there for the hell of it and something to for the boy to do and talk about but I really think he will be a decent rival.

^Credit for thumbnails goes to Instrutilus!^

-Pokémon Rescue Team Series-
    Eternal Flame: Coming Soon!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yumega View Post
    I'm still sure shooti will be more interesting and more.. realistic.
    I mean, Paul only showing emotion after the battle in the leuge was just bad and cheap. Shooti has already shown some emotions but still remains serious... in a more realistic kind of way.

I still think the camera gimmik is just there for the hell of it and something to for the boy to do and talk about but I really think he will be a decent rival.
    I know people as cold as Paul, if not even colder. And no, I don't think his camera thing is a mere gimmick (heck, it goes as far as his own name to have such little importance). I don't know how, but that thing will be useful as the series goes on. Mark my words.

Ash seems to be immature one again he appears almost childish too me more so then in advance and diamond and pearl probably cause this time his companion is an equally qualified trainer meaning his experienced side won't get shown unlike in the previous 2 seasons where he had newbie companions i.e May and Dawn... I haven't seen Ash so exited to see new pokemon not even in advance and diamond and pearl.
    Loved the Banner, Made by Princess of Hoenn
    Make the Impossible, Possible
    Fanfiction Account:http://www.fanfiction.net/u/871772/

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Did anyone wonder why Iris only got like 2 minutes of screentime in BW1?

It really is so different compared to how Dawn got the entire first DP episode to herself pretty much. Or how May at least got a decent set of screentime.

Right from the start you can tell Iris won't be that important.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

^1. Good to see you again after your last ban, Gliscor'd (again),
    2. I think Iris got so little screentime just...because. Perhaps the writers wanted to try something original. It could also have just been foreshadowing the next episode and nothing more. Though I do personally think it would have been better if she had just been saved for the next episode just for a more surprise appearance. Then again, they probably didn't want her to be excluded from the first episode because then, no one would be able to say she was in every episode of BW.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Did anyone wonder why Iris only got like 2 minutes of screentime in BW1?
    The first ten or so minutes of the episode was Ash and co. arriving to the region and meeting up with Araragi. The writers decided to place the introduction, legendary interaction/Pikachu crisis, and a rival battle in one episode as opposed to two or three. This is why it seems that Iris got little breathing room here.

It really is so different compared to how Dawn got the entire first DP episode to herself pretty much. Or how May at least got a decent set of screentime.
    That's like saying Ash only got two minutes of screentime in the first episode of Diamond and Pearl. Or Misty got that small cameo in the middle of the first original episode. Are you suggesting tht they weren't "important?"

Right from the start you can tell Iris won't be that important.
    That's a pretty big jump considering that not much has happened yet in the series overall. Iris is going to provide a lot of comic relief down the road, especially with the way that she grabs on to cute pokemon any chance she gets.

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast