BW 001-002 "To the Isshu Region! Zekrom's Shadow!!" & "Iris and Kibago!" Review - Page 2

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: BW 001-002 "To the Isshu Region! Zekrom's Shadow!!" & "Iris and Kibago!" Review

The 2nd pokemon master pokemon_master2's Avatar

Default Re: BW 001-002 "To the Isshu Region! Zekrom's Shadow!!" & "Iris and Kibago!" Review

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    They're all empty.

Musashi used one of them to catch a Koromori. So now she has two left.

Kojirou hasn't used any of his three yet.
    So someone hear thinks that maybe Wobbuffet or Seviper left without showing them leaving?

It's strange.

Default Re: BW 001-002 "To the Isshu Region! Zekrom's Shadow!!" & "Iris and Kibago!" Review

Yeah... The whole Team Rocket losing their Pokemon thing is going to be one of the most annoying (and equally saddening) things about the new series.

But I suppose the key word is "new". Or maybe "clean slate". It had to be done for the greater good of the series? Such a bummer. No explanation yet either.

I get the feeling the series will be a lot of this "get up and go" style. Stuff happening just so it can happen, like cliff notes version of what normally happens in a region.

New Land: Check
    New Characters: Check
    New Pokemon: Check

Everything else? Better hope you had good insurance.
    V Faction: Bulbatized

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330

Blog Entries

These two episodes were amazing.

BW001- Zekrom hits Pikachu, loses its electricity until Zekrom messes with Pikachu again. LOL at Pikachu using its electric attacks on Ash. And Giovanni has a plan. And I loved how Ash was excited about the Isshu starters. And no comment on Shooti, I just don't care, he's really a jerk though. Ash is in a new region with new things but Shooti doesn't care.

BW002- Ash meets Iris. I love that the Pokedex was able to detect Kibago through Iris's hair and that Ash was like "What that's Kibago, I think the Pokedex is broken, because that doesn't look like Kibago, oh well a Pokemon is a Pokemon." And LOL at Ash not catching Shikijika, it looks like the preview didn't lie, Ash did attempt to catch one. But why did it fail, because it was too strong, hmm, that's unlike the games where even if the capture is unlikely it still would go in the Poke ball regardless of strength. Oh well still humorous. And LOL at the whole Mamepato scene and I loved how he caught it.

And darn Team Rocket turned up their level of bad assness, it looks to me like they aren't going to blasted off normally any time soon.

And Mijumaru is ADORABLE!!!!!!!! I just love how it has already bonded with Ash, like checking to see if he's okay like Delia.

Still confused on how Ash is going to catch it with his own Poke ball when it belongs to "Araragi" I guess they'll just conveniently forget that part.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Shooty isn't a jerk. He just thinks that Satoshi is from a hick town and is annoyed at how excited he gets at every little thing.

Iris is kind of similar as well. She keeps referring to Satoshi as a kid because of the way he's acting.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 20th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

So, I really enjoyed these episodes. Enthusiastic Ash is adorable, lots of funny moments, although I hope he doesn't act too noob-ish all of BW. So far it wasn't a problem though, as he still acted capable as a trainer. So, yeah, I'm not going to complain about additional humour xD
    And as if enthusiastic Ash wasn't adorable enough, we have Mijumaru, the beware-the-cute-one stalker, and Iris and her Kibago, too sweet for words. I just hope we get to see Iris and her Kibago in action too some time soon.

Otherwise, loving TR so far, and Shutti seems quite fun. Just wait till you battle Pikachu again, Shutti..
    Knock Knock
    Who's there?
    The Gym leader of Cerulean city
    The Gym leader of Cerulean city who?
    Daisy.

People from Kanto catch Pokemon thiiiis way.

People from Isshu catch Pokemon tHiS way.

Default Re: BW 001-002 "To the Isshu Region! Zekrom's Shadow!!" & "Iris and Kibago!" Review T

Quote Originally Posted by Grave-E View Post
    -I loved the music, but dear lord, that was by far the worst opening visually.
    I'm guessing each pokemon is to be taken out of silhouette once they are revealed in an episode/gradually over time, but stilll...it was unattractive CG. And it was essentially just Pikachu running around. That's not a good recepie as far as I'm concerned. Goes well with whine, though.
    You're kidding, right?

Oh, you're serious? Let me laugh harder!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1285237937303.jpg  
    Bulbagarden Forums: SERIOUS FUCKING BUSINESS!

Default Re: BW 001-002 "To the Isshu Region! Zekrom's Shadow!!" & "Iris and Kibago!" Review T

Quote Originally Posted by The Realist™ View Post
    You're kidding, right?

Oh, you're serious? Let me laugh harder!
    I agree with him. I don't mind CGI, but the way it was used was terribly tame.

By comparison, AG's first opening had me pumped and raring to go with its awesome music and visuals. DP was tamer but I still got into it. BW's sets the throttle to near 0 mph.

It's Pikachu! And he's running! In a black landscape? With obvious silhouettes of Isshu Pokemon all around. Oh boy, my blood is pumpin'!

Blog Entries

I am a little confused, did Jessie and James give up all their older Pokemon or only one or two?
    They sound like great episodes^_^

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Shooty isn't a jerk. He just thinks that Satoshi is from a hick town and is annoyed at how excited he gets at every little thing.
    And there's no word to describe someone like that? You mean Shooti's behavior is actually acceptable?

And I "disagree" on Iris thinking the same, she's actually more friendly to Ash. Since when was Shooti friendly at all. There we go, found the word. Shooti was unfriendly towards Ash.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grave-E View Post
    I'll admit I really didn't like the 'mon when it was first revealed but...what can I say? It's grown on me like a barnacle grows on a clam shell. It's just so freaky and awkward in it's cuteness.
    I feel exactly the same way about Mijumaru. Its hard not to love a Pokemon with those facial expressions xD. Whats more, it's cute, but not an overdone 'look omg so kawaiiii' kind of cute.
    Knock Knock
    Who's there?
    The Gym leader of Cerulean city
    The Gym leader of Cerulean city who?
    Daisy.

Blog Entries

In the preview Miji pushes Pikachu off Ash's shoulder. Looks like we got another jealous Pokemon on our hands.

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Guys, we have a thread for the opening theme. This thread is only for the actual episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin
    And there's no word to describe someone like that? You mean Shooti's behavior is actually acceptable?
    I don't see what's so bad about that. Shooty just doesn't put on a fake smile when confronted with people who annoy him.

And, well, Satoshi can be annoying sometimes.

Besides, "not being friendly," like how Shooty is to Satoshi, and "being unfriendly" are not the same thing.

The 2nd pokemon master pokemon_master2's Avatar

Someone has mentioned when and how Iris started her journey? I mean if she's a gym leader, how come she's not in the gym?

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

It hasn't been brought up yet.

In fact, by the end of the second episode, Satoshi and Iris haven't even decided to start traveling together yet.

Another thing I noticed: Araragi-Hakase has a kind of Kotone-like catchphrase. She says arara alot, which is an expression similar to "oh my!" And her name happens to be Araragi-Hakase...so...yeah.
    Last edited by Dogasu; 23rd September 2010 at 06:59 AM.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast