BW 001-002 "To the Isshu Region! Zekrom's Shadow!!" & "Iris and Kibago!" Review - Page 13

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: BW 001-002 "To the Isshu Region! Zekrom's Shadow!!" & "Iris and Kibago!" Review

Blog Entries

Follow Yoshi-san on Tumblr

Default Re: BW 001-002 "To the Isshu Region! Zekrom's Shadow!!" & "Iris and Kibago!" Review

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Cynthia View Post
    So what? lovers gonna love. It's exactly the same and equally ridiculous if you insist on calling my "hatred" ridiculous
    It IS ridiculous. You looking way too hard that you can't see the logic. Ash is acting like a newb because this is a NEW region with NEW Pokemon that he NEVER SEEN BEFORE. You know, I would be excited like him that I'll make stupid mistakes also. Plus he just got over the trauma of Pikachu not being able to use his attacks.

Give Best Wishes a chance to build up before you cry RUINED FOREVER. I remember DP starting slow also so....

Default Re: BW 001-002 "To the Isshu Region! Zekrom's Shadow!!" & "Iris and Kibago!" Review

It is not Ash's fault for making silly mistakes, it is the writers' fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
    Wait wait wait...people WANT Team Rocket to be serious all the time?

I agree with you. TR being serious all the time would mean trouble for Ash and his companion.

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

As much as I think Mamepato and pigeons in general are awesome, I can't disagree with fact the regional normal type bird pattern really is a bit of a hinderence, at least as far as creative writing is concerned.

That said, the argument concerning the bird being weak is a bit non-sensical, since when Mamepato went up against Koromori, it had already been severely weakened due to being KO'd by Pikachu before hand. And it put up one hell of a fight against the electric mouse when it was fighting fit, which doesn't exactly scream 'weakling'.
    Using Starly as an example doesn't really make a whole lot of sense either, given that a.) it wasn't KO'd or even weakened that much before it was caught, and b.) it wasn't forced to fight any battles soon after.
    And even then, it lost it's first battle pretty quickly :/

Quote Originally Posted by Grave-E View Post
    That said, the argument concerning the bird being weak is a bit non-sensical, since when Mamepato went up against Koromori, it had already been severely weakened after being KO'd by Pikachu before hand. And it put up one hell of a fight against the electric mouse when it was fighting fit, which doesn't exactly scream 'weakling'.
    True, in comparison, the bat wasn't weakened so it is not fair to the grey brid.

Blog Entries

So what? lovers gonna love. It's exactly the same and equally ridiculous if you insist on calling my "hatred" ridiculous
    It's not hating these two episodes (not "series", two episodes) that's ridiculous, it's you. I mean, do you seriously believe that Cynthia is a real person? Did you expect Ash to continue using Infernape, Torterra, Buizel, Gible and Staraptor when starting fresh after each region is what he does? Do you honestly think that Cynthia would chastise him for that considering how calmly she dealt with Paul? Can you honestly say that Swellow and Staraptor at least haven't had some truly brilliant fights and other moments? Come to think of it, even Noctowl kicked ass in that battle with Morty and Pidgeotto was capable of holding its own when it was used for battle (which was somewhat more often that people give it credit).

If you can honestly say yes to any of these questions, I want to know just what reality you are living in. It sounds like fun there!
    no moar sig 4 u D=<

Quote Originally Posted by The Realist™ View Post
    I didn't think we had people like THAT on this forum, jesus.

Anyway. Ash didn't take any Pokemon with him because originally he was on VACATION, all he needs is Pikachu. Once he decided to go, why WOULD he take any of his Pokemon? Gible and the others don't need to rest for their hard work? Ash can't start fresh and make NEW friends? Dude, get a grip.

YES I MAD, YES I'M FEEDING THE TROLL.
    Hey, if "discussing an episode" meant 12 pages where everybody basically just repeats what the guy before him already posted, then this would not be a DISCUSSION forum.
    If I didn't like the episodes and can give well thought-out reasons for my decision, then you've got to accept it, just as I accept (albeit reluctantly) the current "Isshu-hype".

It IS ridiculous. You looking way too hard that you can't see the logic. Ash is acting like a newb because this is a NEW region with NEW Pokemon that he NEVER SEEN BEFORE. You know, I would be excited like him that I'll make stupid mistakes also.
    Sure... After 13 years(!!) of training Pokemon one still makes stupid mistakes. "OMG a brand new Pokemon! What shall I do?? I defeated the Battle Frontier and won against Paul, but HELP, I'm absolutely clueless when I see a new Pokemon!! Waaaa..." *drops his Pokeball*
    To be honest that's the weakest argument I've ever heard.

D/P HAS ENDED, IT IS TIME FOR YOU TO MOVE ON!
    What are you going to do when Cynthia eventually doesn't get mentioned ever again,
    To me that would be the absolute end of Pokemon. I would see no need anymore to watch Ash starting all over again for the next 50 years or so.
    Btw. Thank God we still have the DUB. It's not over until it's over. And from now on I'll cherish every minute of the DUB even more
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

Sure... After 13 years(!!) of training Pokemon one still makes stupid mistakes.
    The narrator had already confirmed that Ash is still 10 years old!

Blog Entries

Hey, if "discussing an episode" meant 12 pages where everybody basically just repeats what the guy before him already posted, then this would not be a DISCUSSION forum.
    If I didn't like the episodes and can give well thought-out reasons for my decision, then you've got to accept it, just as I accept (albeit reluctantly) the current "Isshu-hype".

Sure... After 13 years(!!) of training Pokemon one still makes stupid mistakes. "OMG a brand new Pokemon! What shall I do?? I defeated the Battle Frontier and won against Paul, but HELP, I'm absolutely clueless when I see a new Pokemon!! Waaaa..." *drops his Pokeball*
    To be honest that's the weakest argument I've ever heard.

To me that would be the absolute end of Pokemon. I would see no need anymore to watch Ash starting all over again for the next 50 years or so.
    Btw. Thank God we still have the DUB. It's not over until it's over. And from now on I'll cherish every minute of the DUB even more
    Thats really sad, are you only a fan because of one character, a character who may not ever appear again and has only got a few episodes she has appeared in?
    Weren't you a fan before she appeared, did you only become a fan because of her?
    You know Cynthia isn't a real person, you act like she exists in the real world as well?

There's a difference between discussing an episode of Pokemon, and then there's "being ignorant". You're being ignorant right now, severely.

Also: Cynthia isn't real. :)
    Bulbagarden Forums: SERIOUS FUCKING BUSINESS!

Quote Originally Posted by koolhk View Post
    Thats really sad, are you only a fan because of one character, a character who may not ever appear again and has only got a few episodes she has appeared in?
    Weren't you a fan before she appeared, did you only become a fan because of her?
    You know Cynthia isn't a real person, you act like she exists in the real world as well?
    You know you remind me of what? I am an Antwerp fan because of Dong Fangzhuo.

Blog Entries

And even if real time was the same as anime time, 13 years might make you experienced, but it doesn't make you absolutely flawless. Ash is still a hot-blooded guy who acts before thinking, which is what led to his "cluelessness".
    no moar sig 4 u D=<

Protecting Gotham City Geodude's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Geodude On Twitter
    Follow Geodude on Tumblr

Lay off the Cynthia discussion. Now. I've got a good mind to infract the lot of you. You all KNOW it's off-topic.

XBL: Shiny Geodude -- PSN: ShinyGeodude

Blog Entries

I have to say I really like the BGM that starts to play when Satoshi scans the first Mamepato on his Zukan.

Avatar loading... 23% Missingno. Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyperior View Post
    True, in comparison, the bat wasn't weakened so it is not fair to the grey brid.
    Yeah, but this is Team Rocket we're talking about here. They're not supposed to be fair.

With a mustache.

Quote Originally Posted by PanicAttack View Post
    Did you expect Ash to continue using Infernape, Torterra, Buizel, Gible and Staraptor when starting fresh after each region is what he does?
    Yes :P
    I did expect him to take Gible with him and that's not even a far-fetched expectation considering that he did the same with Phanpy during the Battle Frontier and also allowed Aipom to accompany him in Sinnoh.
    So what's wrong about wanting Ash to take Gible with him??
    He has MORE THAN ENOUGH standard Bird-Pokemon. His previous ones had a FEW good fights, but were mostly used as navigation system.
    So why another region-specific Flying-type once again? It's my legitimate right to be upset about that boring plot line!

Why IN THE WORLD can't Ash just keep his old Pokemon and train them over many years? The writers could still give the new Pokemon to the new characters. By doing so they'd hit two birds with one stone: Ash would really get stronger and would eventually win a league for a change and they could still showcase the new generation.
    It's so easy... I just don't get it why it can't be that way and this upsets me more and more. I can only repeat that if I were the writers, I'd create the perfect Pokemon...

And yes, I could also give comprehensive answers to all your other questions and I'd love to do do so, but this would be offtopic.
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast