"Bucking the Treasure Trend!" Review Thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Bucking the Treasure Trend!" Review Thread

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: "Bucking the Treasure Trend!" Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Cynthia View Post
    Well that's what I said ;)
    I believe you with regard to what you said about that quiz book, but I'm wondering if we should really consider a rather unknown book as the authority here, given the fact that the relationship was neither mentioned in the Anime nor in the games
    It's rather unknown because the English fandom doesn't give a shit about that kind of stuff, and the book itself is only in Japanese.

As for the games, its been heavily implied through his dialogue, though most of the incredibly conservative fans choose to believe he was talking about some other male red-headed gym leader.

I mean the hint between Silver and Giovanni was pretty obvious, and people would go around arguing it could be Misty.

Freakin funny episode, I loved the Pipulp abuse that never gets old for me.
    Team Rocket, I kind of miss these comical moments of theres but it did get annoying at times too. Fun episode really, now on to the league right?
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

Both Baltoy and Claydoll episodes from AG were better than this one.

Sentinal of Anistar Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

this does raise a question about education in the Pokemon world. Buck seemed impressed Ash knew so much about type matchups, even though you'd think this would be basic stuff taught at a really young age.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Outrage View Post
    It's rather unknown because the English fandom doesn't give a shit about that kind of stuff,
    ...have you MET the English fandom? We LOVE that kind of stuff.

Although yeah, the book only being in Japanese is a stumbling block.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Decent episode, overall. Glad to have an "adventure" feel to the series if you know what I mean. And, glad we got to see Buck as well.

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Mitsumi View Post
    ...have you MET the English fandom? We LOVE that kind of stuff.

Although yeah, the book only being in Japanese is a stumbling block.
    Well fine, the translators think we don't give a shit about that kind of stuff, and hey, for giving a shit about that kind of stuff, the underwater ruins in B/W weren't talked about much, but that's too off-topic.

Really, it only seems like a few people, and I wouldn't call an internet forum a representative sample of Pokemon fans.

this does raise a question about education in the Pokemon world. Buck seemed impressed Ash knew so much about type matchups, even though you'd think this would be basic stuff taught at a really young age.
    I'd really say this is more of an issue of not having many topics to talk about in Pokemon that are actually difficult, since you know, they try to make the game accessible to children, therefore the anime would show that simplicity.

I dno, i was mixed about this episode. It was entertaining at the very least. But a baltoy really, defeating a claydoll yea i dont wanna cuase an argument on the whole experience and all that i was just a bit surprised, but I guess its personal opinion.

How many times did Piplup get attacked/abused in this ep? Its like the writers were whoring out Piplup as much as possible before DP concluded.

I have to admit seeing eps like this feels nostalgic now, if only because Best Wishes does away with all this. No more comedic TR, Dawn, Piplup or Brock...its really something.

Blog Entries

TR was unusually funny in this episode for some reason. Taking a sneak peek at the map when everyone else was talking, making a break for it through the Glooms were just priceless. XD

Piplup abuse was a bit...much. Did we have to see that again and again?

Stark Mountain...looks like the Charon plot is gonna happen off-screen!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by J-J-M View Post
    Stark Mountain...looks like the Charon plot is gonna happen off-screen!
    It would have been better if it was shown, it could have shown some character development.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkfire View Post
    You're right! Buck was impressed by the simple fact that Ash and co. could name the types of Pokemon like Graveler, Vileplume, Voltorb and Pineco or that they knew which Pokemon have type advantages against others... oh well, saying that this kind of knowledge doesn't knock your socks off is putting it mildly.
    What's next? Ash being awarded a medal for knowing that you have to weaken a Pokemon before you want to catch it?
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

I liked this episode, despite having thought it would be complete Filler when I first heard about it. Buck was an interesting character and even though he didn't get a set of episodes like some of the other Stat Trainers, I still appreciate his character in this wacky treasure hunting episode. The best part of the episode was when Ash and the others wondered how they would find Piplup and Buck and then seeing Gible use Draco Meteor to track Piplup down! Hahaha, that was so freakin' funny since it worked and they found Piplup once Draco Meteor collided with it. Classic. I loved the funny bits in this episode.

Blog Entries

Something hilarious in retrospect: sure, pottery would be priceless when it's ancient and all but it's practically worthless back then. So why would anyone go to all that trouble to protect a bunch of worthless pottery? Did they have a vision or something that it's gonna be extra valuable hundred years down the line so they decided to store it and sell it later on?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast