"Bucking the Treasure Trend!" Review Thread - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Bucking the Treasure Trend!" Review Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: "Bucking the Treasure Trend!" Review Thread

Oh Oohashi, you and your Piplup abuse.

I really loved this episode. There were so many hilarious moments from the Piplup abuse, to the various Pokemon attacking the twerps and the TRio, to that great moment when Meowth was climbing on Onix. Adventure episodes like these are really fun.

The end of the episode dragged when TR appeared to steal the treasure. Glad we don't have to put up with many moments like those anymore.

Blog Entries

It would have really been cool to see Buck in the league, rather than just in some filler episode. That being said, it was a okay episode I guess. There was some last minute Piplup humor with Gible, and this was the trio's last real adventure together.

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post

I really loved this episode. There were so many hilarious moments from the Piplup abuse, to the various Pokemon attacking the twerps and the TRio, to that great moment when Meowth was climbing on Onix. Adventure episodes like these are really fun.

The end of the episode dragged when TR appeared to steal the treasure. Glad we don't have to put up with many moments like those anymore.
    This episode was seriously perfectly timed for me as I found serious Team Rocket to be a bit grating. I mean when they get funny Team Rocket right, they really get it right.

I thought the final battle between Baltoy and Claydol was really good too.

Blog Entries

Ah, DP's final filler, and the last time Piplup gets beaned by Draco Meteor. "No gold or silver?" Nope, Dawn. HG/SS is old news by now, but we still have Johto goodness left to go.
    Step into the Fairy circle

cheese! Insanish Danish's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Insanish Danish on Tumblr

I must be the only person who was bored to tears by this episode. The Piplup abuse got old really fast and Team Rocket really got on my nerves. I give it a big fat zero. :/
    back to being a non-edible pastry

Blog Entries

I thought the episode was pretty entertaining. Not the best filler, but the whole treasure hunting thing was pretty interesting.

It was nice to see Buck for one thing. Even though it was so hilarious, I felt so sorry for Piplup constantly being the butt monkey of the group. Also, awesome Claydol is awesome.

And LOL at the end when Dawn said, "No gold or silver?" I love her...

AdvanceShipper Dawn Fan HeatTagShipper

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

I found this episode really amusing! Team Rocket was funny in the beginning of the episode, when they were trying to sneak a peek at the map.

Buck is a cute character. I found him likable. Love his career choice, that kid has ambitions :p

And poor Piplup, I felt sorry for him, but Piplup abuse never gets old IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Agreed! Seeing them interrupt Ash was actually kind of annoying. It makes me like BW Rockets even better because it doesn't happen as often.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

This episode reminds me of how the gang loves to get into other peoples' business. Going to an island and helping someone you just met find a treasure no biggy for Ash and co.

What I liked about this episode is how type advantages were brought into play with those pokemon.

Buck is a pretty likable character he looks younger in the anime, though. The whole battling an ancient Claydol(Hoenn Did it) with Buck's Baltoy being the star was nice. So far he's the most likable tag character for me. Poor Piplup the peiguin went through hell this episode. Dawn comment about no gold or silver was a nice in show promo reminds me of ''Diamond Dandruff''. 8.5/10

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

I enjoyed this episode, especially Buck's comment at the beginning.

Ash: I'm going to enter the Sinnoh League.
    Buck: I think I've heard of that.
    Ash: Ya think?

cracked me up. But yeah, a fun episode. And so nice to see Buck too. Told you he'd be in somewhere.

EDIT: LOL at the obvious beer in the background.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Not a bad episode. Much better than it sounds anyway, and Buck's portrayal was spot on here. Bonus points for having him catch the Claydol protecting the treasure.

I had a good laugh at Ash using Gible's Draco Meteor to find Piplup. Dawn's reaction to that was gold too.

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

Brock foreshadow?

I liked this episode. Buck and his baltoy were cool, too. Baltoooyy~
    Shame it's the last adventure Ash/Brock/Dawn will have. (especially...)

Anyway, yeah I liked it. A nice filler just before the league and some nice piplup/gible action.

A very entertaining episode with nothing to complain about.

It began with some hilarious scenes when Team Rocket pretended to be waiters while peeking over the twerps' shoulders to get a glimpse of the treasure map. Those poses sure cracked me up!
    Then I couldn't help but feel pity for poor little Piplup being blasted through the air again and again.
    Today's episode also once again made me think that Infernape is one of the coolest Pokemon ever and that it would definitely be part of my team if Pokemon was real. For some reason I thought that him standing on the rock in that crouching position looked so heroic and just super cool.

Admittedly, something just came to my mind which I guess is worth complaining about: After being attacked by the Graveler, Ash and co. fell down that ravine, but, surprise surprise, stayed completely uninjured. How in the world can something like that happen? Surviving THAT fall without even one scratch was pretty unrealistic if you ask me.

And last but not least, the final part when they found the treasure was really really well done!
    First we got an exciting and well thought-out battle between Baltoy and Claydol, then we saw a clever solution of the riddle surrounding the whole treasure hunt. While the treasure chest (which to be honest rather reminded me of a refrigerator made of stone) was opening, I was wondering how they would resolve it all. Having it be full of actual gold and silver would have been too predictable, so from my point of view the writers did a great job by filling the chest with ancient pots that only mean something to archeology experts, the true treasure hunters so to speak. (You see, I can indeed praise the writers if they deserve praise!)

One last thing that's been on my mind for two hours now: In the episode, Buck was not referred to as Flint's younger brother. Does anybody happen to recall if or where this relationship was explicitly stated in DPPt? If he really was Flint's relative, why wasn't it mentioned in the Anime? Considering Flint's dominant role in the the DP series as well as the fact that he had just appeared last week, the least you could expect is that he's briefly mentioned

Anyways, it was a great "filler" and I enjoyed every minute of it.

7 out of 10 points
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

Blog Entries

It was never mentioned in the animé, but there is some Pokémon quiz book that confirms the relationship.

Blog Entries

Well, I thought this episode was kinda boring. TR were funny though! xD
    I lol'd when they tried to take a peek on the map, and it was also fun when they thought that the Pokémon were going to welcome them! xD
    But the trio were boring, as usual, but it was a bit fun to see Buck though. Can't wait for this season to end! I want to hear the english voices for Dento and Iris! xD
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru Chinka View Post
    It was never mentioned in the animé, but there is some Pokémon quiz book that confirms the relationship.
    Well that's what I said ;)
    I believe you with regard to what you said about that quiz book, but I'm wondering if we should really consider a rather unknown book as the authority here, given the fact that the relationship was neither mentioned in the Anime nor in the games
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast