REVIEW: "The Battle According to Lenora!" Review Thread

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Battle According to Lenora!" Review Thread

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Default "The Battle According to Lenora!" Review Thread

Last Time.
    Ash, Iris, and Cilan made it to Nacrene City. Upon coming to the city Ash is eager to challenge the Nacrene City Gym for a Gym Badge but, soon they all meet a man named, Hawes who's having a problem with something weird going on at the museum he works at. With the help of the group and his wife, the Nacrene City Gym Leader, Lenora they unmask the culprit as a Yamask.

This Time.
    After meeting Lenora, Ash finally has his chance to take on the Nacrene City Gym and attempt to claim a badge. But, Lenora the gym leader and her Pokemon have all types of tricks ready for their opponents. Will Ash be able to beat Lenora and earn his badge?!

Catch Brand-New Episodes of Pokemon Black & White on Saturday mornings at 8AM/9AM only on Cartoon Network!

Catch reruns of Pokemon Black & White! Sunday mornings at 6AM/7AM only on Cartoon Network!

Catch Episodes of Pokemon Sinnoh League Victors Monday-Fridays at 7AM/8AM and 3PM!
    Last edited by Musashi; 24th May 2011 at 06:02 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: "The Battle According to Lenora!" Review Thread

Daggit, I missed the beginning. Oh well, battle time. Wow, what a change of attitude, Iris. -o- Osha Psycho Osha. Oy, why does it have to be segmented like this. Wow, that was fast. Seeing fault in yourself, Ash? I never thought I'd see that. How stylish, TR. To be continued...
    Step into the Fairy circle

I couldn't really see anything because the stream I watched lagged all the time :b

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Goodbye Apron, we'll miss you.

It's too bad Ash lost, though not surprising.

Ash: Why isn't Ember working?

Me: Gee, Ash. I don't know...maybe it has something to do with Ember being one of the weakest fire-type moves?

Blog Entries

From The Parts i seen(i stopped watching)
    .Good Pokemon Voices
    .Not Much Reading To Get Into The Gym(Not Like The Game)
    Last edited by Girly Princess; 14th May 2011 at 08:45 AM.
    I'm not here
    This isn't happening
    I'm not here

Good episode and decent battle. I don't think anyone should make fun of Ash for losing, cause lets be honest, Lenora wupped most of our sorry white asses the first time we took her on.....{Could be projecting a bit too much into that.}

Also Don George at the end....

''FLAME ON!''

Blog Entries

Nice episode. I liked Lenora's voice. There was one line she said near the end of the battle that, to me, really emphasized her.... um... personality. I forgot it already!

lol apron removal

Also, not liking how Ash was unfamiliar with Mean Look, even though Conway sicced it on him just 21 episodes ago.

According to Bulbapedia, Roar hasn't been used since the Battle Frontier arc, so I guess I'll let it slide.

When Don George was revealing the workout area at the end of the episode, why was it so dramatic? Heh heh.
    Kanto's Route 23 doesn't exist in the Johto games!

My ideas for a more game-faithful Best Wishes! series.

The Jewel Party

Blog Entries

Okay, did anyone notice how repetitive the explanations were? The anime showed that Ash was unable to recall his pokemon when Lenora had her pokemon use mean look. She then proceded to explain that mean look makes opponents unable to recall their pokemon. ( geez, thanks for reminding me what mean look does because I would never have figured out it's effect just by watching it being used.) Other than that, it was a great episode.

Kagamine Revolution!!!! FullmetalSuicune's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lillipup was a cutie! X3 I love the episode they totally got Lillipup voice right! ^ ^

Blog Entries

And thus, the Rockets 600+ consecutive episode streak comes to an end. That's always what I'll remember this episode for.

I think you guys are being too hard on the explanations for the moves. This is a new series where the writers can't assume kids know what these moves are.

I thought the gym battle itself was quite nice. Lenora is a really fun character and was interesting to see Ash completely thrown off. Also loved how Lilpup changed personalities when it battled.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    I think you guys are being too hard on the explanations for the moves. This is a new series where the writers can't assume kids know what these moves are.
    I think it's how forced it seems at times. Even for a kids show.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    I think it's how forced it seems at times. Even for a kids show.
    It's not even related to kids... they SHOULD explain stuff like this... some people would probably really do that if it was real... and because it's a cartoon and because you can't assume everyone knows everything and played the games and watched all past eps (and that applies to EVERYONE, not just kids) it IS important to explain these things

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The main purpose of this show is to entertain. The writers cannot assume that the viewers will know what Mean Look or Roar can do. This seems to be an attack on Ash's judgment for "not knowing any better," but in an anime like this, where can we expect logic? I enjoyed this battle for what it was. It showed that Ash's pokemon still needed to improve themselves, and that in time that improvement will be in leaps and bounds.

It is not like Mean Look or Roar are commonly used moves in the anime anyway. (Mean Look was last used 21 episodes ago, in the previous series no less. Roar hasn't been used since the Arcanine episode back in Battle Frontier, which aired more than 5 years ago.)

Other than that, here goes to TRio's 650+ consecutive episode streak. They will make seldom appearances here and there, but it is interesting that the writers feel that TRio's presence is no longer necessary to fill up time in certain episodes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    And thus, the Rockets 600+ consecutive episode streak comes to an end. That's always what I'll remember this episode for.
    Isn't that next episode?
    New Track: Going Up

Winner of the Most Creative Host, Fair Hosting & Best Mafia Series Awards for the War Room Awards 2012.

Blog Entries

I guess I could've phrased that better, but I meant that this is the last episode of the streak.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast