REVIEW: ANA Pokemon Short "Pikachu's Big Mysterious Adventure" Review Thread

Thread: ANA Pokemon Short "Pikachu's Big Mysterious Adventure" Review Thread

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default ANA Pokemon Short "Pikachu's Big Mysterious Adventure" Review Thread

Animation -
    Screenplay - Oohashi Yukiyoshi
    Storyboard -
    Assistant director -
    Animation director - Tamagawa Akihiro

In order to help an Unown find its friends, Pikachu and its friends enter a strange dimension where nothing is as it seems! Will they be able to reunite the pokemon with its friends and return home?
    Last edited by Dogasu; 20th October 2011 at 05:43 AM.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on December 18th, 2014

Blog Entries
    Follow Froakie On Twitter Add Froakie on Facebook
    Follow Froakie on Tumblr

Default Re: ANA Pokemon Short "Pikachu's Big Mysterious Adventure" Review Thread

Eh, kinda boring because I couldn't really understand what was going on. What was the lake trio/deoxys bit about?
    Best part of the episode was the song at the end. And I liked seeing croagunk again.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: ANA Pokemon Short "Pikachu's Big Mysterious Adventure" Review Thread

I could've been watching a Maractus Musical instead of this!? Ugh...what a waste...

Oh well, it was nice to see Wobbuffet. And hear Dotchi Nyo again.

Here's a better idea, writers. Make another special that shows the Team Rocket Pokemon that didn't make it in Best Wishes having an adventure.

Dammit, @Croag you broke my first post streak....

As with the dub of Pikachu's Rescue Adventure, you really need the narration to fully understand what's going on.

But I thought this short looked nice. Also, it made me miss a lot of Pokemon... Manene, Sonans, Gureggru, Pochama, Nyarth's personality among others.

Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    Here's a better idea, writers. Make another special that shows the Team Rocket Pokemon that didn't make it in Best Wishes having an adventure.
    ...Habunake and Muskippa aside, isn't that what you just got?
    So.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    ...Habunake and Muskippa aside, isn't that what you just got?
    This is a DP Special.

I'm talking about a Best Wishes special that shows what they're up to without Jessie and James.

Sort of like the Brock and Dawn specials.

Ugh, why did they have to use the version where what the Pokemon say is translated? It just makes it annoying to watch.

Pretty cute special overall, but I think it could've benefited from more Rocket vs. Twerp Pokemon interaction. Those were easily the best parts of this (especially when they became giants).

The only real negative is that stupid fucking Marill. It wasn't funny the first time they used it in these shorts, and it isn't funny now. All it did was waste time that could've been spent doing anything more interesting. I'd rather watch Gureggru taste different berries than see Marill put the Rocket Pokemon to sleep for the millionth time.

It was nice seeing the DP Pokemon for a final time. <3 Shame we didn't see too many of them. And you gotta love Goukazaru on that see-saw. XD

This so much.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

I loved seeing the old gang again. Potchama being confident but clumsy, Greggru not giving a shit, pre-lobotomy Nyasu, Sonan-fucking-su...this was great.

I agree 100% that that cheap Purin clone needs to die, though.

Also, I forgot how much I missed some of the music cues this show used to play so much. I like the music in Best Wishes OK, but it's nice to hear some of these older tracks again. Especially all the ones from the Hide and Seek short.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on December 18th, 2014

They should bring back Jigglypuff, instead of that Pikablu rip-off...
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Blog Entries

Marill will never replace Jigglypuff in our hearts.

Blog Entries

Follow Yoshi-san on Tumblr

That goddamn Marrill need to go away forever. It was never funny and will never be funny. If they wanted to do the joke just bring Jigglypuff back! /rant

Other than that it was nice to see the old DP Pokemon but the short was underwhelming.

This is a DP Special.

I'm talking about a Best Wishes special that shows what they're up to without Jessie and James.

Sort of like the Brock and Dawn specials.
    Probably sitting around in their monster balls. That'll be a fascinating special :P

Anyway, uh... was that Millennium Town, or am I misremembering what it looks like?
    So.

It was so nice to see the DP Poké again!! though sadly most of them didn't do a lot or shown longer than a few seconds... but OMG PIPLUP <3 I missed it so much! and it was just as awesome as always <3
    ANOTHER missed opportunity to showcase the "?" and "!" forms of Unown... -_-
    Also, I have to join the Marill hate XD seriously, Marill are cute and all, but did they have to make it an annoying Jiggly clone?! just bring the Jiggly back or don't do the joke!
    And lol at random legendaries... I didn't like that they didn't match the legendaries to the Pokémon - for example that Mesprit gave apple or whatever to Pika... I'd prefer Azelf to do that for the relation Azelf has to Ash and then Mesprit/Piplup cause Mesprit was related to Dawn