“Working on a Right Move!” Review Thread - Page 6

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: “Working on a Right Move!” Review Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: “Working on a Right Move!” Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Well that's all.
    And a few fillers here and there. It had a cool design and a quirky personality, but yeah... few is the operative word.

Its really odd the only representation of Johto in the league is really down to three Pokemon, Heracross, Donphan and Noctowl.
    Well with Gible in play, Totodile would have felt a bit redundant. Both bite and both give off the same vibe of goofy but can kick ass. So in the end, the writers wanted to go for diversity and give more screentime to Gible as opposed to Totodile. So I'm not that bothered it didn't appear I would have loved to see it :P Though Quilava should have gotten Staraptor screentime in the Nando match (and Staraptor/Torterra should have gotten Gliscor's screentime and win in the Paul match). Bayleef, meh I don't care. P

Plus considering how little the Hoenn and Kanto pokes did in the League, I'm sort of glad they didn't take their place. Better to see them just on the sideline than to see them curbstomped.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The difference is the Kanto and Hoenn Pokemon already got so much love from the writers they didn't need anymore, so seeing them was a bonus.

It was really just Muk and Glalie that should have gotten another battle, and oddly didn't.

Why did the writers even have Staraptor in the Nando match? It was a waste of a slot that could have gone to someone else.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    So you guys do realize that TPCI probably doesn't have the rights to 4Kids' old songs anymore and therefore can't use them, right? I'm not 100% of this, but I'm pretty sure they can only use music they've made themselves.
    Well, they did use "Double Trouble" in the dub of DP092 (a Lean Mean Team Rocket Machine), so they at least have access to at least some of the music......at least temporarily.
    GAME OVER
    RETURN OF GANON

Blog Entries

Why did the writers even have Staraptor in the Nando match? It was a waste of a slot that could have gone to someone else.
    I always thought it was to give it the win it wouldn't get in the Paul match, but seeing as they didn't care about that when it came to Torterra >____>

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    I always thought it was to give it the win it wouldn't get in the Paul match, but seeing as they didn't care about that when it came to Torterra >____>
    That's what I originally thought too, but then as you said, Torterra got zero win anyway.

Really odd. They could have had another Johto starter or Muk/Glalie in the Nando match.

The Pokemon choices for this league were really odd. Its like they intentionally shafted some pokemon for no reason, despite hyping them up in the opening.

Blog Entries

Its really odd the only representation of Johto in the league is really down to three Pokemon, Heracross, Donphan and Noctowl.

Quilava's battle was a joke that lasted 10 seconds and it knocked itself out.
    At least Quilava got it's glory moment in An Old Family Blend, and it still, despite knocking itself in the process in an underwhelming battle, still took out it's opponent.

Donphan was shamelessly pummeled to death in this episode. It couldn't even land a single attack on Shuckle or Dusknoir. It was just bad compared to Quilava.
    GAME OVER
    RETURN OF GANON

Blog Entries

I agree with Mukuhawk, Quilava got a better deal than Donphan, Torterra, Torkoal, Swellow and pretty much every reaserve who didn't get use.

Blog Entries

In the first case Cyndaquil evolves 10 years after Johto ended, and its first real battle it does 1 attack and just KO's itself? It did not even use Eruption or any of the attacks it had in the ep before the league.

Donphan may not have done much of anything, but its not like it had anything new to showcase.

I never expected the Johto starters to get much, but I didn't expect them to be treated this poorly either. Sometimes you wonder if the writers really do play favorites.

Grass-type fanatic Frenzy Plant's Avatar
    Follow Frenzy Plant On Twitter
    Follow Frenzy Plant on Tumblr

This is probably the only time in the entire series where Noctowl doesn't suck. Hooray!
    Agreed. Noctowl hasn't shone at all since the episode it was caught in.

I think it really sucks that Torterra just became a useless lump of grass/ground upon its evolution.
    I do regular Pokémon giveaways on Tumblr, click here and come trade with me!

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

I never really found Torterra to be too terribly interesting to begin with, so I didn't mind that it got a terrible battle record :P

I never expected the Johto starters to get much, but I didn't expect them to be treated this poorly either. Sometimes you wonder if the writers really do play favorites.
    I'll admit, at first I was a little mad that the starters didn't get a chance to shine. But yeah, the writers do play favorites. It's understandable, I think people would like to see current pokemon shine a bit more in the battles. Perhaps that's why they slapped a sinnoh pokemon in every single one of Ash's match-up :P

I don't really believe in screen time equality for Ash's pokemon. Usually the ones that are interesting enough get adequate treatment (In my possibly low standard-ish opinion, of course )

"seasons change, people change"

PDL

I swear, I can't wait for the day when people will stop bitching about screentime for Ash's Pokémon or generation bias.

Anyway, it was a pretty interesting fight... I also find it amusing that Barry actually refered to Noctowl as "Shiny" due to it's unique coloration.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Blog Entries

Some people just wanted to see some of Ash's old favorites in battle, since this league was the only time in 4 years, (as well as another 4 years), that we get to see them.

You have to remember the last time some of these Pokemon were used was way back in Battle Frontier. The gap between BF and the Sinnoh league was huge.

And now of course with Best Wishes we won't be seeing any of them at all for another few years.

PDL

Some people just wanted to see some of Ash's old favorites in battle, since this league was the only time in 4 years, (as well as another 4 years), that we get to see them.

You have to remember the last time some of these Pokemon were used was way back in Battle Frontier. The gap between BF and the Sinnoh league was huge.

And now of course with Best Wishes we won't be seeing any of them at all for another few years.
    Well you could:

1. Watch the older episodes when they were the main feature.

or

2. Train them yourself in the games.

Anyway, it's silly to "wait" until leagues to be interested in Ash's progress as a trainer. You're getting so wrapped up in what happened before that you're ignoring what's happening now... Then in a few years you'll be complaining about how "Ash's (insert past region) Pokémon never did anything" when they have.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PDL View Post
    1. Watch the older episodes when they were the main feature.
    I do watch Ash's big old battles again. But I still like to see these Pokemon in new fights, especially ones that only had very few battles like Muk.

2. Train them yourself in the games.
    Not the same feeling as seeing Ash's in the anime.

The Sinnoh league was really badly paced to the point where it feels like the writers had plans for it to be longer but stopped short. There's really no reason Ash brought back so many old Pokemon not to have them used at all.

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

But I'd like to see the current pokemon do well since this is THEIR league. All that training and development would go to waste if they weren't used :/

And really, just seeing the old pokemon is good enough for me; it tells me that the writers haven't completely forgotten about them even though they know that they'll never play a significant role ever again.

I short, I see Ash's old pokemon coming back to the league as pure fanservice.

"seasons change, people change"

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast