“Working on a Right Move!” Review Thread - Page 2

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: “Working on a Right Move!” Review Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: “Working on a Right Move!” Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by #Daisuke# View Post
    Great episode! Just as good as it was in the original. Now I remember why it was one of my favorite league battles.

It was nice to see Ash's Noctowl, Donphan, and Gliscor again. And it was nice seeing Gible master Draco Meteor, as well as seeing Noctowl's Extrasensory. It was a really interesting battle since each used a little more complex strategies than they usually use in Pokemon. And with "Ultimate Challenge" playing during Dusknoir vs. Gible made it all the more awesome.
    I agree. I loved the battle. I'm glad TPCi used "Ultimate Challenge"... I really like it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miju Miju View Post
    Consider that an ass pull for Ash. Apparently Gible's biting into things isn't affected by Trick Room and outsped shadow punch.
    There are alot of "ass-pulls" in this show. Stop nit-picking people.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Drifblim View Post
    I agree. I loved the battle. I'm glad TPCi used "Ultimate Challenge"... I really like it.
    Tell me more than 4 words you heard from the song and I'll believe you.

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    There are alot of "ass-pulls" in this show. Stop nit-picking people.
    What? I was just pointing something out. There's a difference between observations and complaints. I've been looking forward to this episode, an episode I saw 4 months ago. If I truly wanted to complain about the actual content of the show, I would've done that in the DP 185 thread. Here, I'm going to comment on the dub changes.

I don't get it, if it was the original Pokemon theme, do you mean the opening theme of the season, or the Pokemon theme itself? Doesn't TCPI have that?

The insert song was on channel 2, the vocals on channel 1. It should have been on the same channel.

Quote Originally Posted by cohen View Post
    I don't get it, if it was the original Pokemon theme, do you mean the opening theme of the season, or the Pokemon theme itself? Doesn't TCPI have that?

The insert song was on channel 2, the vocals on channel 1. It should have been on the same channel.
    In the original, they used Aim to be a Pokemon Master, which is the first theme song for the entire show. The equivalent theme for us would be our theme song back in season 1, you know, in 1998? I want to be the very best, like no one ever was.

Blog Entries

Tell me more than 4 words you heard from the song and I'll believe you.
    .....You'll believe that I like the song? What?

I just like the song.... is there something wrong?

Or perhaps just an instrumental of the current opening. Makes you wonder, why does 4kids have instrumentals of all their openings, and use them in show, while TCPI does not. This would have been a perfect chance to do either.

I just don't understand how you can form an opinion of the song of the volume was too low to even acknowledge a song was there.

Blog Entries

I just don't understand how you can form an opinion of the song of the volume was too low to even acknowledge a song was there.
    The song has played twice now and while it was slightly hard to hear in DP177 it wasn't completely incomprehendable. I could see people having an opinion on it quite easily.

Blog Entries

In the original, they used Aim to be a Pokemon Master, which is the first theme song for the entire show. The equivalent theme for us would be our theme song back in season 1, you know, in 1998? I want to be the very best, like no one ever was.
    Well, the version of Aim to Be A Pokemon Master used in this epsiode was the remix from Movie 4 [the 2001 version], right? The dub equivalent to that would be the full version of Born to Be A Winner. I wouldn't mind hearing that song again.

I thought the song was a little catchy too. I just dislike the fact it's so darn hard to hear.

I don't remember who said it, but someone theorized Ash's Infernape was able to use Flare Drive after seeing Flint's Infernape use it. That sounds plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambipom666 View Post
    Well, the version of Aim to Be A Pokemon Master used in this epsiode was the remix from Movie 4 [the 2001 version], right? The dub equivalent to that would be the full version of Born to Be A Winner. I wouldn't mind hearing that song again.

What were really the differences in the Japanese versions between Aim to Be a Pokemon Master and the 2001 remix? In the dub, the original theme and Born to Be A Winner are two different songs, although with similar lyrics. Born to Be A Winner would just seem out of place. Born to Be A Winner gives off the same vibe of "I'll beat everyone" as Unbeatable.

I personally think the original theme would've called back to Ash's promise to himself to become a Pokemon Master. Though, I think I can see how Born to Be A Winner would work if the right lines played as Gible bit into Dusknoir. Like having, "Let's do it!" start it off right after Ash called to Gible to bite into Dusknoir's shadow punch.

Interesting, the original Born to Be A Winner is the right length that if started as Ash commands Gible, ends as Dusknoir falls to the ground fainting.
    Last edited by Miju Miju; 11th December 2010 at 09:11 AM.

Blog Entries

I really enjoyed Gible in this episode. Boy, it should have been extremely tired after battling that Dusknoir.

Blog Entries

What were really the differences in the Japanese versions between Aim to Be a Pokemon Master and the 2001 remix? In the dub, the original theme and Born to Be A Winner are two different songs, although with similar lyrics. Born to Be A Winner would just seem out of place. Born to Be A Winner gives off the same vibe of "I'll beat everyone" as Unbeatable.

I personally think the original theme would've called back to Ash's promise to himself to become a Pokemon Master. Though, I think I can see how Born to Be A Winner would work if the right lines played as Gible bit into Dusknoir. Like having, "Let's do it!" start it off right after Ash called to Gible to bite into Dusknoir's shadow punch.
    You're right. the original and 2001 version of Aim to Be A Pokemon Master are almost exactly the same. So I guess either dub theme would have worked. I like both of them, so no matter.

At least most of the non-Team Rocket dialogue was kept intact, I presume.

Blog Entries

Speaking of Team Rocket, I wonder how they've changed locations every single episode since League Unleashed!. Of course, I thought nothing could get better since Casting a Paul on Barry!'s location. I guess that Familiarity Breeds Strategy! will make them vendors inside the stadium?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of Christmas View Post
    Speaking of Team Rocket, I wonder how they've changed locations every single episode since League Unleashed!. Of course, I thought nothing could get better since Casting a Paul on Barry!'s location. I guess that Familiarity Breeds Strategy! will make them vendors inside the stadium?
    That's pretty much the entire B-plot with TR in this league. They start off with a bad stall location and gradually gets "promoted" to vendors inside the stadium.
    New Track: Going Up

Winner of the Most Creative Host, Fair Hosting & Best Mafia Series Awards for the War Room Awards 2012.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast