“League Unleashed!” Review Thread - Page 7

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: “League Unleashed!” Review Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: “League Unleashed!” Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Delrihuzz View Post
    The league announcer now was Mike Pollock, me thinks. If I'm not mistaken, he also announced for PBR. Even though Ted Lewis has returned to the series. It was probably a case of availability.
    No, no. It was definitely Tom Wayland. And PBR was the (original 4Kids and TPCi) narrator, Ken Gates.

What I found weirder was that Jamie McGonnigal wasn't listed in the credits, even though Barry was there.
    Were you watching the actual episode on Cartoon Network or online? Because there's versions of new episodes floating around that have an old set of credits from a Grand Festival episode tacked on at the end of it. (if the supporting cast you see is Bella Hudson, Mike Pollock, Billy Regan, Kayzie Rogers, Melissa Hope and Hilary Thomas... it's not the right credits)

Of course, TPCi's made mistakes in their credits before. Julian Rebolledo (Paul) not being credited in DP100 and Sean Schemmel not being credited in DP117 are two examples I know of off-hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Thingamajig View Post
    No, no. It was definitely Tom Wayland. And PBR was the (original 4Kids and TPCi) narrator, Ken Gates.

Were you watching the actual episode on Cartoon Network or online? Because there's versions of new episodes floating around that have an old set of credits from a Grand Festival episode tacked on at the end of it. (if the supporting cast you see is Bella Hudson, Mike Pollock, Billy Regan, Kayzie Rogers, Melissa Hope and Hilary Thomas... it's not the right credits)

Of course, TPCi's made mistakes in their credits before. Julian Rebolledo (Paul) not being credited in DP100 and Sean Schemmel not being credited in DP117 are two examples I know of off-hand.
    Ah, I should've known, thinking back, it's even obvious it's Ken Gates.
    Hmm, considering my location, my only option to watch is online. It seemed weird to see Bella Hudson listed in the credits. At first I thought Jamie had left and Hudson voiced Barry ...

Either way, I was wrong, and you were right.

Quote Originally Posted by Oshawott View Post
    Queen Cynthia, did you see what you wanted? Did you see the part when Ash recalled his tough Gym Battles and each side's signature Pokémon?
    Yes, I did and I was really content with the way the writers handled it!
    Though it would have been great if they had shown the gym leaders, too.
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Cynthia View Post
    Yes, I did and I was really content with the way the writers handled it!
    Though it would have been great if they had shown the gym leaders, too.
    Uhh, it wouldn't have made much sense. Ash's conversation with himself was about working with and supporting his Pokemon to get each badge. A montage of each Pokemon only fighting one other gym leader's Pokemon highlights that point. The gym leaders weren't necessary to get that point across.

Blog Entries

For being the opening battle of a major tournament and all, it just plain sucked. Only thing good about it was the animation during Heracross vs Kricketune. But even then the battle wasn't all that great in terms of strategy. Thankfully the battles get better from here.

Have to admit I never really thought much of Kricketune as a species before this but Nando's Kricketune totally changed my mind. That is one kickass bug! Even though Nando as a character wasn't all that great, he'll always be remembered for his Kricketune at least. ^^

That boss lady was hilarious. Too bad she doesn't appear after this.

BackwardsMan, huh? NoodleChefKyle's Avatar

Conway, Conway, Conway. After all this time, you're still just a big ol' ball of creepy, aren't you?

It was a fun match watching Heracross and Kricketune slug it out. It's a shame I didn't get to see more of Quilava's fight though.

Maddie Blaustein, 1960-2008
    You will be missed.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NoodleChefKyle View Post
    It's a shame I didn't get to see more of Quilava's fight though.
    We didn't see ANYTHING of Quilava's match. The Pokemon literally used one attack and knocked itself out.

WTF was even the point of evolving it? It also didn't use Eruption that it learned in the ep where it evolved.

It honestly felt like this episode was a big, "F you" to fans of Quilava and the Johto starters in general.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567