“Last Call—First Round!” Review Thread

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 67

Thread: “Last Call—First Round!” Review Thread

  1. #1
    Demonic Scraggy Mijumaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    In the grave...
    Posts
    3,712
    Blog Entries
    47

    Default “Last Call—First Round!” Review Thread

    Yeah, yeah, it’s the last call for the first round of the Grand FESTIVAL!!

  2. #2
    Registered User shapps07's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sinnoh
    Posts
    181

    Default Re: “Last Call, First Round!” Review Thread

    Can someone tell me how much Japanese dub music was used?
    Last edited by shapps07; 18th September 2010 at 06:55 AM.

  3. #3
    Demonic Scraggy Mijumaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    In the grave...
    Posts
    3,712
    Blog Entries
    47

    Default Re: “Last Call, First Round!” Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by shapps07 View Post
    Can someone tell me how much Japanese dub music was used?
    You seem to be looking for the same thing every time.
    We did have some dub music.

  4. #4
    Registered User shapps07's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sinnoh
    Posts
    181

    Default Re: “Last Call, First Round!” Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Futachimaru View Post
    You seem to be looking for the same thing every time.
    We did have some dub music.
    Well it's what I'm mainly interested in. So, do you know what was kept?
    Last edited by shapps07; 18th September 2010 at 07:15 AM.

  5. #5
    Registered User Hellwarden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    767

    Default Re: “Last Call-First Round!” Review Thread

    I thought Zoey had the best performance, mainly cause it was nice to see Sinnoh's water pokemon. But while I liked this ep, I think it shows why Contest are probably going away for a bit. None of them were really attention grabbing.

    Nice to see some more of Ursula, Zoey, and Nando. Kenny was boring as always, just my opinion.

    This ep pretty much marks the last time Dawn's Cyndaquil is gonna be used. I do wonder if the writers had something big planned for the little guy, or if he really was just HGSS advertising?

  6. #6
    Registered User mj ike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Comberth Harbor, Ohio
    Posts
    310
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: “Last Call-First Round!” Review Thread

    Way to kick things off!

  7. #7
    Demonic Scraggy Mijumaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    In the grave...
    Posts
    3,712
    Blog Entries
    47

    Default Re: “Last Call, First Round!” Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by shapps07 View Post
    Well it's what I'm mainly interested in. So, do you know what was kept?
    The beginning piece, the last piece, Hikari's theme, Nando's song, the Contest theme, the song when Nando shows off his badges, the music when they announce the proceeding contestants, the Route 206 theme... I think that's it. 8 pieces(?).

    Also, it seems that Kenny got a new voice.

  8. #8
    Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Bath, England
    Posts
    2,364
    Blog Entries
    175

    Follow Froakie on Tumblr

    Default Re: “Last Call-First Round!” Review Thread

    Also, it seems that Kenny got a new voice.
    Seriously? I guess it has been a year since he appeared, and the voice actress doesn't play much else so she might have not been available.

  9. #9
    Registered User shapps07's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sinnoh
    Posts
    181

    Default Re: “Last Call-First Round!” Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bubblewrap View Post
    Seriously? I guess it has been a year since he appeared, and the voice actress doesn't play much else so she might have not been available.
    She's not the only one. Craig Blair left as well.

  10. #10
    Registered User shapps07's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sinnoh
    Posts
    181

    Default Re: “Last Call, First Round!” Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Futachimaru View Post
    The beginning piece, the last piece, Hikari's theme, Nando's song, the Contest theme, the song when Nando shows off his badges, the music when they announce the proceeding contestants, the Route 206 theme... I think that's it. 8 pieces(?).

    Also, it seems that Kenny got a new voice.
    Did Nando's voice change?

  11. #11
    Demonic Scraggy Mijumaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    In the grave...
    Posts
    3,712
    Blog Entries
    47

    Default Re: “Last Call, First Round!” Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by shapps07 View Post
    Did Nando's voice change?
    No. But don't double post next time, click the edit button.

  12. #12
    Registered User shapps07's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sinnoh
    Posts
    181

    Default Re: “Last Call, First Round!” Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Futachimaru View Post
    No. But don't double post next time, click the edit button.
    Oh sorry about that.

  13. #13
    Demonic Scraggy Mijumaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    In the grave...
    Posts
    3,712
    Blog Entries
    47

    Default Re: “Last Call-First Round!” Review Thread

    Well, it's okay.

    Tee-hee at Kenny being the new Piplup.

    Ash ran away? Brock's clueless??

    The interior of the Lakeside Resort looks the same. But the stadium looks completely different.

  14. #14
    Registered User shapps07's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sinnoh
    Posts
    181

    Default Re: “Last Call-First Round!” Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Futachimaru View Post
    Well, it's okay.

    Tee-hee at Kenny being the new Piplup.

    Ash ran away? Brock's clueless??

    The interior of the Lakeside Resort looks the same. But the stadium looks completely different.
    About the dub music, did they play Ursula's entrance music? Team Aqua vs. Team Magma battle theme?

  15. #15
    Demonic Scraggy Mijumaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    In the grave...
    Posts
    3,712
    Blog Entries
    47

    Default Re: “Last Call-First Round!” Review Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by shapps07 View Post
    About the dub music, did they play Ursula's entrance music? Team Aqua vs. Team Magma battle theme?
    No, they didn't.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •