Eh, they got a few wrong before. They called Princess Salvia something else if I remember, along with that Magby boy in the 'Elite Coverup' episode. I guess they either changed their mind before, was a mistake, or they were told the wrong info.
Piplup: Oh no, you didn't just hug my trainer! Lol, using Draco Meteor to find the real one. Of course, return the pokemon. And of course Piplup doesn't get returned, how silly to think that. :P Did the dub just say "noob"? This is too embarrassing. I keep expecting to hear Snoop Dog in here. Triple Poison Jab. XD Pretty amusing for a filler. Now it is time for the endgame to begin in the dub.
The waves of history swallow everything until we are all spat back out as flotsam, and then we are gone.
-Chōsokabe Motochika, Samurai Warriors 2 Xtreme Legends
Brock's scream from the triple poison jab was perfect, but it's a shame he's so blind to the women who actually like him. Narissa was actually pretty cute in my opinion.
My highlights from this episode:
- Gotta be how Piplup was found. I don't think that ever gets old.
- Talk of noobs.
- Ditto transforming into Meowth
- Meowth's 'impressions' of the legendary pokemon
- How when Brock actually got quite stern to somebody she started crying.
- Happiny making the dittos go flying into the forest.
- Not only a triple poison jab, but Brock's scream was super and when Narissa stormed off he thought to himself 'Take Care', haha.
I LOVED the BGM when Brock is teaching Narissa...one of the few really good TPCI tracks.
..and YAY for the GS Champion Battle theme (which is now released on CD btw)
Overall, boring episode. It was a more boring version of the Ditto episode back in Kanto with the circus performer.
This feels like an episode that should have been at around the beginning or middle of the series, not one shy away of the Grand Festival.
I didn't feel that this episode could have been done at the beginning of Diamond and Pearl, however. At the end, Narissa was using the group pokemon with attacks and/or type advantages over Team Rockets'. For Seviper (a poison type), the only pokemon that was able to do so was Gible (which was obtained only recently).
The writers seemed to cram in the idea that (for a Ditto trainer), it is important to transform into pokemon with type advantages over the opponent's.
Some may call it a filler, because the episode itself didn't contribute much to the plot as a whole, but I really enjoyed it nevertheless.
This was one of those Pokemon episodes which has countless hilarious mini-aspects and scenes. So, let me just mention my favorite ones:
- Gible using Draco Meteor to find out which Piplup was Dawn's was not only funny but also highly smart and showed once again that Gible lost his initial playfulness (and is far from being clumsy!!), is extremely clever and has developed into a tough battler, just as I've always said it would ;)
- Meowth's Boss Fantasy just cracked me up. I liked the fact that Giratina and Regigigas were involved, but what really made me laugh was when Giovanni and his grunts tried (at least in Mewoth's fantasy) to try to catch huge legendaries with a simple fishing net. Haha, who would ever do that?
- Brock acting like a teacher
- Rissa's outfit and her admiration for the Elite Four. I love it whenever there's a reference to the Elite Four, as they are automatically associated with one certain person... or should I say the angelic Queen of Pokemon? You know who I'm talking about ;) Just the slightest hint of her wonderful existence makes every Pokemon episode something special!
- Ash sweeping Rissa in their battle. Keep it up, Ash!
- The battle against Team Rocket which after last week's battle was great and intense once again.
- Brock not feeling anything for Rissa. Oh dear Brock, finally there's a quite cute girl who admires you (and might even be in love with you) and all you can think of is hitting on a random girl with a miniskirt and seductive boots?? Oh, what a pity...
you know what? you deserved that triple poison jab for being so blind :P
All in all, an awesome and entertaining episode.
To all those who criticized me for not liking last week's episode: See, there can be great and fun plots even in so-called "fillers"
7 out of 10 points
"When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."
Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB
Currently playing BW2.
I wonder how they got to the Lakeside Resort. It must've been the day after the episode's main events or something.
The episode was okay. My only gripe was that "Double Ditto Drama" would've been perfect. Not that lengthy mess.
Maddie Blaustein, 1960-2008
You will be missed.
By the way, it's nostalgic to see the Lakeside Resort. I always love it when the characters revisit a place they've been to a couple of times.
Next episode will be the return of many characters. Super pumped.
Last edited by V Faction; 12th September 2010 at 07:27 AM.
V Faction: Bulbatized
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330