“Dawn of a Royal Day!” Review Thread - Page 3

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: “Dawn of a Royal Day!” Review Thread

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default Re: “Dawn of a Royal Day!” Review Thread

4Kids did, yes, but not TPCI. Only a very, very small handful of the Generation IV pokemon have kept their Japanese voices.

So the official site says that the dubbed name for Katakuri Town is "Arrowroot Town." Is that accurate?
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 22nd, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Yeah Dogasu

it's Arrowroot Town

Quote Originally Posted by Rafia View Post
    Bulbapedia says they have the same VA but it could be wrong.
    yeah I added that...and it is true though

Charizard Lover Extreme charizardman's Avatar

I liked this episode... when I saw Salvia had a Togekiss, I was like gee, what if Dawn had a Togekiss?

9.5 out of 10 points

Blog Entries

This was a really good episode. Dawn acting as Princess Salvia was hilarious. And I liked it when Jessalina was like, "WHY ARE YOU CHEERING FOR HER?!"

And I like that Togekiss kept her Japanese voice, it would've been somewhat pointless to change it.

The contest was amazing especially for a bit of a rushed one; I liked the rainbow effect during Togekiss's appeal.

Hopefully they do well with the remainder of the DP series. They have done excellent so far! :D
    Last edited by The Puppetmaster; 28th August 2010 at 10:02 AM.

Blog Entries

"Go Jess... a lina!"

What's this? I actually prefer a line from James over a line from Kojiro?! What a wacky world I awoke to!

To answer the Rocket dialouge question for everyone... it was actually mostly accirate! Meowth had two "Jessie is going to hit us" lines, but James was so cute! And dubbed accurately!

I liked the episode as a whole, though it still bugs me everyone was ok with Salvia taking a win from someone who still needs it. I don't even mean Jessie in this case either. The Grand Festival is just a few episodes away and this was most likely the last Contest before it, but the twerps think it's ok for Salvia to take a ribbon from someone who still needs it?!

I did feel really bad for Dawn having to put up with all that. And to go along with what I said above, it was nice Jessie was actually completely right about how ridiculous the whole thing with Dawn was, and having Dawn cheer for Salvia was really out of line.

But as Jessie said, she gets to enter the Grand Festival fair and square now! Who would have ever guess that would happen, fair or not, at the beginning of DP?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    I liked the episode as a whole, though it still bugs me everyone was ok with Salvia taking a win from someone who still needs it. I don't even mean Jessie in this case either. The Grand Festival is just a few episodes away and this was most likely the last Contest before it, but the twerps think it's ok for Salvia to take a ribbon from someone who still needs it?!
    Well maybe it was because it was Salvia's only chance to ever compete in a contest. That's what I thought.

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

Fantastic episode. I liked the British touch to the whole Princess thing.

I think I am allowed to ask this - has the voice for Sukizo changed?

Anyway, really great episode. It made me laugh in several places and Togekiss looked great in a contest. I feel bad for Princess Salvia though, how she gave up her Togekiss and now has to go back to living like that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by poketeen View Post
    Well maybe it was because it was Salvia's only chance to ever compete in a contest. That's what I thought.
    I know that, but it doesn't make her any less of a jerk. You'd think at least one of twerps would say how this isn't fair. They always seem to be quick to point when other people aren't doing things fairly.

Blog Entries

No name changes whatsoever? That is strange to see for the dub. This is all coming out of left field, though. All of a sudden a princess wants to pose as Dawn? Ah, let's just go along with it. "Your outfit is less than regal, it embarrasses me a bit". XD So much confusion over the switch. Now I understand how come Jessie will be so upset. Pretty good ep, and now we spend some time with Togekiss before the endgame begins.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

Is it just me or does Sukizo have a new voice?

I loved Team Rocket being utterly confused about Salvia imperson. I loved both Jessie's and Salvia's appeals, although I thought the battle was a little strangely paced, the momentum shifted way to quickly. Dawn being an uncouth princess was also a bit of fun.

There was one thing I didn't like about this, and it's not Jessie getting her 5th ribbon handed to her (I like how she was hesitant to take it), what I don't like was that Dawn got Togekiss.

Otherwise, a great contest episode.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good episode, more or less.

At first glance, this episode was Dawn obtaining a Togekiss wrapped up in a pretty little bow. I find it odd that there are identical-looking people in this anime universe and nobody seems to really care. At the end of this episode, Salvia got what she wanted (to be in a Pokemon Contest) and gave Togekiss to Dawn in hopes of it competing in the GF.

Jessie ends up receiving her fifth ribbon, something I find to be a little quirk. At first glance, it seems that Jessie actually wanted to earn her five ribbons fair and square this time. She wanted to compete in the Grand Festival with her own skill. None of the officials seem to care either way, "technically" the ribbon belongs to Dawn but in the end was given to Jessalina.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblewrap View Post
    I think I am allowed to ask this - has the voice for Sukizo changed?
    Yes it has. Since Yes In Dee Dee It's Dawn, he's been voiced by Tom Wayland (Mario from Dressed for Jess Success) instead of Craig Blair.

Anyway, for those keeping track, the Dub kept at least 8 pieces of original music, so least it's more than they've done in the previous half dozen episodes.
    Last edited by Kazamatsuri; 28th August 2010 at 11:18 AM.
    Proud member of the Pokemon BGM Club

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I liked the episode overall, but those british accents were just terrible. Do us a favour and hire a british voice actor next time.

Blog Entries

I found how Salvia was complaining about Dawn's dress was quite odd/fanservicy.

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

Very cute episode! It was amusing to see Dawn so out of her element, trying to act all fancy and different.

I really don't understand how the points system works in contests. Honestly, I feel they just make it up as they go along.

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    "Go Jess... a lina!"

What's this? I actually prefer a line from James over a line from Kojiro?! What a wacky world I awoke to!

To answer the Rocket dialouge question for everyone... it was actually mostly accirate! Meowth had two "Jessie is going to hit us" lines, but James was so cute! And dubbed accurately!
    Haha, yes! This made the episode so much better.

Well, I guess it's allowed that a person can enter as many contests as much as he or she wants, regardless of how many ribbons they have won. But I agree with you, it is not really fair to take ribbons away from contestants that need them, but it is still allowed regardless.

I don't blame Jessie at all for being angry at her. She has ever right to be. But at least it worked out for her in the end.

But I loved how she was upset over getting a ribbon that was given to her, rather than winning it herself. Her character has definitely developed a lot since early DP

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast